Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Marlin Dark Series

Looks like these have the trapper length barrel (16.5" + threads)? If so, definitely on my list.
    Just a dude up in Canada that likes guns
    Have Faith. Have Freedom. Have Fun.

Gravel currently has my SBL with a crooked front sight for warranty that I bought in June. You got lucky friend or im just unlucky.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer GMC403's Avatar
    Delete
    Last edited by GMC403; 08-21-2019 at 09:27 PM.
    I would rather slam my dick in a drawer, than have to navigate anymore of this idiocracy.......

CGN Ultra frequent flyer VICIOUS's Avatar
    BOYS you need to get with the current times. I have bought and shot current Marlins and the were good.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Craig0ry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VICIOUS View Post
    BOYS you need to get with the current times. I have bought and shot current Marlins and the were good.
    Current times??

I’ve been interested in a 45/70 lever guns for sometime now, started reading up on this “remlin” productions, was at a LGS 2 weeks ago and looked at 3 different marlin models in 45/70, all 3 had crooked sights, one action felt like sand had been poured in it when you cycled the lever, and one had an edge on the trigger sharp enough to cut your finger, so that’s current times for you.
    I am COMPLETELY out of ammo. That's never happened to me before. - Burt Gummer

CGN Regular
    I wish they made a Dark Series in 44 Magnum or 454 casull or 460 s&w that would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig0ry View Post
    Current times??

I’ve been interested in a 45/70 lever guns for sometime now, started reading up on this “remlin” productions, was at a LGS 2 weeks ago and looked at 3 different marlin models in 45/70, all 3 had crooked sights, one action felt like sand had been poured in it when you cycled the lever, and one had an edge on the trigger sharp enough to cut your finger, so that’s current times for you.
    I have a JM stamped 45/70 and just bought a new sbl this week .They had one in stock,and I went over it really good before I decided on it.the fit and finish on this one is flawless,the lever is beveled ,no sharp edges,sights are straight like they should be but sometimes are not.Best of all ,the action Is as smooth as my jm and quality to me couldnt be better on this new sbl .Very impressed for a non jm Marlin.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I loved my SBL’s other than the finger nail shave while loading ammo it was great... LOL the guy in the only shooting video of the Dark 45-70 specifically showed it doesn’t happen with this one and loading is a breeze with the new gate.

I am told be the few who have them out there it is close to the marlin customs at half the price.

I can’t wait for it to arrive.
    Hearts and Minds; Two best places to shoot
    Fighting in a basement provides challenges, Number 1 your fighting in a basement!

How does the finish on this compare to the GSBL??

Just bought one today ��

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast