Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ammo Specials - 9mm, 223, 357, 45 ACP

Business Member Western Metal Inc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Planetmail 12 View Post
    Can one go buy these specials at Straight Shooters Indoor Range at same price?
    Some of the prices are web only!

We should be making more 357 in the near future currently making other calibers.

We have added more of the 9mm, 223, and 45 acp to the site. More 357 mag to come next week.

CGN frequent flyer
    I was in Straight Shooters earlier today (June 8th) and purchased 1000 rounds of the 124 grain 9mm Blazer Brass. I pointed out this thread in terms of referencing the price as they had it on the floor at $259.99. I was told it was an anomaly as the sale was no longer on so I made the purchase anyway as I had driven all the way there for it. I figured I should update this thread if the sale was no longer on as a courtesy to other CGN'ers (despite the fact Western Metal themselves bumped it yesterday without making any notation of the sale price expiring). I just cross-referenced Western Metals website right now and it still notes $244.95 for the 1000 round case of 124 grain Blazer Brass 9mm. Which price is correct? I have this thread and the website both noting the lower price when the store was charging more. I have a screenshot of WM's web-page as well as a photo of my store receipt.

Edit, I just noted the previous post noting that some prices are 'web only'. This is not supported by the web link as no such details are included on the product page. I'm not sure if I can even comprehend the logic behind having a better price for the product online when it demands more of your staffs labor to ship it than does an over-the-counter purchase. Heck, I even paid in cash so WM/Straight Shooters don't even have a credit card processing fee to deal with as they certainly would with an online transaction. Feeling underwhelmed...
    Last edited by CaberTosser; 06-08-2019 at 09:28 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer AB.boy's Avatar
    Patiently waiting for .357, will order online and choose pick up at the store to avoid any price discrepancy noted above.

The 9mm is still on sale for the website.

And yes there is sometimes a discrepancy between the Web pricing and the pricing instore at SSIR it is unavoidable.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Western Metal Inc View Post
    The 9mm is still on sale for the website.

And yes there is sometimes a discrepancy between the Web pricing and the pricing instore at SSIR it is unavoidable.
    Unavoidable? Words escape me, polite ones anyways. That has to be the most stupefying customer interaction statement I've ever witnessed, in writing or in person. The websites are cross-linked so the WM one gives off every impression that it serves as the SSIR one too. Translation "We're gonna remain totally inconsistent, you'll not know what to expect based on what we actually post online."

I was more thinking something along the lines of "We're sorry for our misleading advertising and inconsistent pricing. Thanks for bringing the discrepancy to our attention that our website still has the sale price listed and also has no notation whatsoever about the pricing being 'web only' on the website itself. We'll make sure that things are accurate & consistent in the future. Here's a refund/coupon or something to make nice once we see your sales receipt. We value your patronage"

Instead I get "it is unavoidable"

Care to guess where I'll be avoiding?
    Last edited by CaberTosser; 06-13-2019 at 01:23 AM.

More 357 is now available
    Last edited by Western Metal Inc; 06-13-2019 at 05:22 PM.

357 is back in stock. All pricing on these is web only pricing at SSIR is not guaranteed to be the same.

We have added some 1500 round bulk packs of Western Munitions 9mm to the site as well. $373.00 / 1500 rounds.

https://www.westernmetal.ca/shooting...arw-9-115-1500

More 9mm, 45 ACP, and 357 have just been added to the website and is in need of a good home.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast