Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Holster Certification Course ?

Holster Certification Course ?

Hi everybody, does anyone have any information about holster certification courses? (location or website suggestions?) thank you

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Still alive's Avatar
    There is no generally accepted holster certification course except for Black Badge. A lot of ranges offer some form of holster qualification training which applies to their range and is rarely transferable.

Where are you located? Your best bet is to contact the range you normally go to or are looking to join to see if they offer a holster course. Failing that, get your BB. You’ll be good almost anywhere you can holster a gun in Canada.

http://www.ipsc-canada.org/training.html
    Es wird nie so heiss gegessen, wie es gekocht wird
    CCFR CPC
    Check out dssbca.com for info on TAC rifle matches in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.

I contacted my range and they said they hire a third party to train the members, but I have to wait a few months until they have a full class. I was trying to do it in a couple of weeks. I am located in Toronto. I will check that website. Thank you

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Still alive's Avatar
    Do you need an official certification for holster use at your range or is this training for your personal benefit and learning?

If it’s for your own edification, I’m sure there are good CGNers, including members at your range, in the GTA who are more than willing to help you with the fundamentals.

If you need an official certification, then you’ll need to be taught by a range, paid course or BB. In which case, 2 weeks is a very small window.

Again, bear in mind that very few holster certification courses are fully transferable between ranges except for Black Badge.
    Es wird nie so heiss gegessen, wie es gekocht wird
    CCFR CPC
    Check out dssbca.com for info on TAC rifle matches in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.

It's just for my personal benefit and practicing at the range. I'm looking forward to it

CGN Regular
    you want one that is NFA certified as well. The one Peter Eliot puts on or a Black badge courses are your 2 options. you can apply to the NFA for a card and patch after that

Good luck finding a Black Badge course. Joining Freemasonry maybe easier.

Thank you @laminated
    Lmao @VictoriousSecret

Quote Originally Posted by laminated View Post
    you want one that is NFA certified as well. The one Peter Eliot puts on or a Black badge courses are your 2 options. you can apply to the NFA for a card and patch after that
    Well the Peter course, doesn't help someone in Ontario. But in NS. Seems like Black Badge is the only acceptable holster course most range accept. Not every range accepts a NFA certified course.
    April 8th, remember 22 Bravo. Take a min to remember the Fallen.

Not sure of the point. You can't carry loaded guns in holsters outside the range area anyway.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast