Thread: What are "standard conditions" on my RPAL?

What are "standard conditions" on my RPAL?

New shooter here. Just got my card in the mail. Card says standard conditions are attached to this license. On the piece of paper that came with the card there is nothing under "special conditions".

What exactly are "standard conditions" & "special conditions"?
    Does this have to do with ATT?

I keep reading conflicting info about automatic Atts.
    "It's now attached to the lic"
    "You have to wait until you make your first R purchase then they send out a new card" etc.

I'm in ON if that matters

You can have special conditions on your PAL, if there is nothing, or just standard conditions you have no special rules associated. I believe an example could be if someone answered yes to mental health issue on your application, CFO might follow up with their doctor and in the end they could agree to give you your PAL on the CONDITION that your firearms are stored at the range.

Any special conditions will come with your first purchase. The standard condition is probably notify an address change with "reasonable dispatch"

If you just got your RPAL, and have no R firearms yet, there is no reason to have transport conditions. It is only when you buy your first R that they will identify what conditions will apply

I only got mine in February and had the same question. No conditions when I first got the card ..... bought a handgun and an AR .... got a new card with conditions listed

Mike

I got my new RPAL in March 2023 - it now reads "standard and transportation conditions are attached to this license" - whereas the old RPAL read "standard conditions are attached to this license". Along with the old RPAL expiry, the paper ATT expired. I honestly can't recall if a new paper long-term ATT was issued. I was going to the range with a restricted and decided not to go as I can't find a new paper long-term ATT anywhere. If I had one, it would be in the range bag with the registration.

Were new paper long-term ATTs issued in AB for licenses renewed in 2023? I hope I haven't spent the morning searching for something that does not exist!

Quote Originally Posted by davidloc View Post
    Any special conditions will come with your first purchase. The standard condition is probably notify an address change with "reasonable dispatch" skibidi toilet
    There is no reason to have travel conditions if you recently received your RPAL and have no R weapons. They will not know what conditions will apply until you purchase your first R.

Quote Originally Posted by seanchandler067 View Post
    I got my new RPAL in March 2023 - it now reads "standard and transportation conditions are attached to this license" - whereas the old RPAL read "standard conditions are attached to this license". Along with the old RPAL expiry, the paper ATT expired. I honestly can't recall if a new paper long-term ATT was issued. I was going to the range with a restricted and decided not to go as I can't find a new paper long-term ATT anywhere. If I had one, it would be in the range bag with the registration.

Were new paper long-term ATTs issued in AB for licenses renewed in 2023? I hope I haven't spent the morning searching for something that does not exist!
    You want to read this.

ht tps://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/firearms/authorization-transport

Restricted or prohibited firearms
    Changes to automatic Authorizations to Transport restricted and prohibited firearms were brought into force on July 7, 2021. This change now requires licenced owners of registered firearms to obtain an Authorizations to Transport from the provincial or territorial Chief Firearms Officer (CFO) in order to transport a restricted or prohibited firearm to any place other than to:

an approved shooting club or shooting range within the owner's province of residence, or
    to the firearm's place of storage after purchase.
    You need to obtain an Authorization to Transport from the provincial or territorial Chief Firearms Officer:

if you own a restricted or prohibited firearm and are moving to a new address
    if you are transporting a restricted or prohibited firearm within Canada
    Contact a Chief Firearms Officer of:

the province where the firearm is located, or
    the entry point of the firearm into Canada
    To apply for an Authorization to Transport,

you must have a valid Canadian firearms licence that permits you to have that class of firearm;
    apply for an Authorization to Transport online by accessing the Individual Web Services;
    call the Canadian Firearms Program CFP at 1-800-731-4000; or
    send an Application for an Authorization to Transport Restricted Firearms and Prohibited Firearms (form RCMP 5490) to the Canadian Firearms Program of the province/territory where the firearm is located.

GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by molewonder View Post
    There is no reason to have travel conditions if you recently received your RPAL and have no R weapons. They will not know what conditions will apply until you purchase your first R.
    "Weapons" ... and who is "they" not in the know