Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161719 ... LastLast

Thread: Gorkas, Anoraks, and Paratrooper Smocks

CGN Regular
    That's my intended use as well.....so I'm assuming being 5'7" tall and weighing 145lbs that size 52 would be correct?? My waist is about 33-34....but not sure on jacket size. Are the sizes true to size or do they run larger?? Also do you allow pick up at store?
    CCFR Member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sixty9santa's Avatar
    I would be in for a Gorka 4, a Paratrooper in multicam and a Krot in multicam black.
    Are these intended to be worn over clothes, or simply by themselves?
    Sorry, I know nothing about them but I really do like them!
    Any accessories coming in such as headwear, gloves, etc?
    Last edited by sixty9santa; 05-29-2019 at 08:37 PM.
    "Genius begins great works, but labor alone finishes them." Joseph Joubert

To all with TDS: Trump for Prime Minister!!!

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flavc3 View Post
    That's my intended use as well.....so I'm assuming being 5'7" tall and weighing 145lbs that size 52 would be correct?? My waist is about 33-34....but not sure on jacket size. Are the sizes true to size or do they run larger?? Also do you allow pick up at store?
    Yes a 52-54 should work. Since these are mean to be worn with additional layers they are generally a bit on the loose side. We do allow pickups in store, just send us an email to schedule a time and we would be happy to have you at our warehouse.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sixty9santa View Post
    I would be in for a Gorka 4, a Paratrooper in multicam and a Krot in multicam black.
    Are these intended to be worn over clothes, or simply by themselves?
    Sorry, I know nothing about them but I really do like them!
    Any accessories coming in such as headwear, gloves, etc?

We’re glad you like them. The gorkas and paratrooper suits are meant to be worn over regular clothes, with the gorka being meant for tougher conditions that would need greater water and wear resistance and the paratrooper meant for similar conditions but to a lesser degree than the gorkas. The best way to describe the krot is as tactical Pajamas. They are lightweight, breathable, comfortable and meant for the summer or other warm environments where skin cover is still important. Pretty much the only things you would need for the krot are undergarments and a T-shirt. We are currently focused on just these products at this time, but we do have a selection of accessories made by SRVV in the SURPAT section of our store. If you have any other questions feel free to ask away as we would love to answer them.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flavc3 View Post
    We have your size available however the uniform height is meant for someone around 5'5". Due to the loose nature of the garment we do believe that the jacket will not be a problem but the pants might be a bit short. If you want we have other pants in that size so if you want to come by the office and check if that length would fit you, please do let us know, as we would love to have you.

CGN Regular
    I just logged in to order a paratrooper set. Shipping showed up as $35.10 to Campbell River! Is there a glitch somewhere?

No, I don't think so. Shipping is expensive, same price to greater Vancouver too . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkw View Post
    I just logged in to order a paratrooper set. Shipping showed up as $35.10 to Campbell River! Is there a glitch somewhere?
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

CGN Regular
    I calculate about $18 shipping to where I am on Vancouver Island using the Canada Post site for regular parcel shipping, and that is the consumer rate, not the rate for businesses.

CGN Regular
    Double post
    Last edited by Darkw; 06-03-2019 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Double post

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkw View Post
    I calculate about $18 shipping to where I am on Vancouver Island using the Canada Post site for regular parcel shipping, and that is the consumer rate, not the rate for businesses.
    We only opened our doors fully around six months and still haven't had the volume to get more than a cursory discount from Canada Post. We do apologize that the shipping charges are that high and we will look into it. We believe we have fixed the problem if any of you would like to verify. The only thing to consider is the size of the package as the gorkas do not ship to us as standard clothes do, but they rather come in their own carry bags that are rather difficult to fit into an equivalent box for the same item if folded flat. Please let us know if the shipping situation is resolved, as we believe it might have been an issue when we inputted weights of the items and we just fixed that.