Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Blair not ruling out federal order to implement potential handgun ban

High River gun confiscation/gun grab and booting the doors of people's homes by RCMP is an example of things to come, a wound inflicted on law abiding citizens that still hasn't healed. When RCMP were confronted by these victims and asked them "why did you have to boot my door when they were left open?" they answered: "Because booting doors feels damn good".
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEQiCDYowi4
    Last edited by anton520b; 05-22-2019 at 01:44 AM.
    How to make a difference in fight against the communists?
    1. Vote for CPC 2. Join CCFR and CSSA (not NFA ) 3. Write letters to your Member of Parliament 4. Continue to be upstanding citizen

Quote Originally Posted by anton520b View Post
    High River gun confiscation/gun grab and booting the doors of people's homes by RCMP is an example of things to come, a wound inflicted on law abiding citizens that still hasn't healed. When RCMP were confronted by these victims and asked them "why did you have to boot my door when they were left open?" they answered: "Because booting doors feels damn good".
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEQiCDYowi4
    That was an unsettling video, makes one's blood boil. The RCMP (in BC anyways) I know are all stand up guys and gals, though you can find bad apples anywhere – this looks like a symptomatic, ideology driven unlawful directive – looks like it's blowing up in their faces, as it should.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rangebob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ABNDT View Post
    https://www.ammoland.com/2019/05/gun...#axzz5oc14iazn

Banning guns won't help but fighting crime does. Would apply anywhere in the world.....
    That's an enthusiastic article, and it bears some semblance to the truth, but very few of its points are a supportable fact.

The section called "U.S. Numbers", starts with "Total Number of gun deaths: 38,000". No government department rounds to the nearest thousand. That came from a newspaper or politician or something, for some unknown year.
    The statement at the end "Oh, where did I get these facts? The FBI unified crime report." The FBI UCR doesn't track suicides, so that number didn't come from the FBI UCR.
    "83% of all shootings are gang and drug-related." The FBI UCR dramatically underestimates Gang involvement due to their data collection method, reporting somewhere around 4% to 13% depending upon which FBI report you're reading. As opposed to a Department of Justice report which puts it near where he's saying, almost 90%.
    "Suicides: 28,500" that comes from the unsupported quote earlier "75% of all gun deaths are attributed to suicide" which also doesn't come from the FBI UCR.
    Anyway, 28,500 = the unsupported but close 38,000 gun deaths times "75% of all gun deaths are attributed to suicide." I don't know where he got 75% of gun deaths are suicide for the USA. It should be 50% to 60%, anything over 65% would be an unusual year where homicides were unusually low.
    Then he subtracted 38,000 - 28,500 = 9,500 homicides with firearm. Nowhere ever in the FBI UCR does it say that number for any year. It's been higher, it's been lower, but never that.
    bogus 9,500 * unsupportable "83% of all shootings are gang and drug-related." = fake "Gang and Drug: 7,885".
    Then bogus 9,500 - fake 7,885 = daft "Remaining: 1,615".
    Then he uses that to say "Remove the gangs and drugs, and the US is one of the SAFEST countries in the world." and while he's probably right, he sure didn't prove it.

Firearms Homicides, FBI UCR, Table 8
    2005: 10,158
    2006: 10,225
    2007: 10,129
    2008: 9,528
    2009: 9,199
    2010: 8,874
    2011: 8,653
    2012: 8,897
    2013: 8,454
    2014: 8,312
    2015: 9,778
    2016: 11,138
    2017: 10,982
    https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...ta-table-8.xls
    https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s..._2009-2013.xls
    https://www2.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2009/of...09shrtbl08.xls
    Last edited by rangebob; 05-22-2019 at 03:44 AM.
    One eye to the past. One eye to the future. The wisest course.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by joshbazz View Post
    That was an unsettling video, makes one's blood boil. The RCMP (in BC anyways) I know are all stand up guys and gals, though you can find bad apples anywhere – this looks like a symptomatic, ideology driven unlawful directive – looks like it's blowing up in their faces, as it should.
    They are nice to your face, or even maybe a close friend, but when they have orders to carry out, they will throw you in jail and not think twice about it

Quote Originally Posted by rangebob View Post
    That's an enthusiastic article, and it bears some semblance to the truth, but very few of its points are a supportable fact.

The section called "U.S. Numbers", starts with "Total Number of gun deaths: 38,000". No government department rounds to the nearest thousand. That came from a newspaper or politician or something, for some unknown year.
    The statement at the end "Oh, where did I get these facts? The FBI unified crime report." The FBI UCR doesn't track suicides, so that number didn't come from the FBI UCR.
    "83% of all shootings are gang and drug-related." The FBI UCR dramatically underestimates Gang involvement due to their data collection method, reporting somewhere around 4% to 13% depending upon which FBI report you're reading. As opposed to a Department of Justice report which puts it near where he's saying, almost 90%.
    "Suicides: 28,500" that comes from the unsupported quote earlier "75% of all gun deaths are attributed to suicide" which also doesn't come from the FBI UCR.
    Anyway, 28,500 = the unsupported but close 38,000 gun deaths times "75% of all gun deaths are attributed to suicide." I don't know where he got 75% of gun deaths are suicide for the USA. It should be 50% to 60%, anything over 65% would be an unusual year where homicides were unusually low.
    Then he subtracted 38,000 - 28,500 = 9,500 homicides with firearm. Nowhere ever in the FBI UCR does it say that number for any year. It's been higher, it's been lower, but never that.
    bogus 9,500 * unsupportable "83% of all shootings are gang and drug-related." = fake "Gang and Drug: 7,885".
    Then bogus 9,500 - fake 7,885 = daft "Remaining: 1,615".
    Then he uses that to say "Remove the gangs and drugs, and the US is one of the SAFEST countries in the world." and while he's probably right, he sure didn't prove it.

Firearms Homicides, FBI UCR, Table 8
    2005: 10,158
    2006: 10,225
    2007: 10,129
    2008: 9,528
    2009: 9,199
    2010: 8,874
    2011: 8,653
    2012: 8,897
    2013: 8,454
    2014: 8,312
    2015: 9,778
    2016: 11,138
    2017: 10,982
    https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...ta-table-8.xls
    https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s..._2009-2013.xls
    https://www2.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2009/of...09shrtbl08.xls
    I guess our government doesn't round to the nearest thousand either?

The Canadian Armed Forces or Canadian Forces (CF) (French: Forces canadiennes, FC), are the unified armed forces of Canada, ... Personnel may belong to either the Regular Force or the Reserve Force, which ...
    Active personnel: 68,000 (2018)
    Reserve personnel: 27,000
    Deployed personnel: About 1700 as of January 2018
    LEST WE FORGET
    I Will Not Seal My Fate Without a Fight, If You See Me Running, I Run To The Front.
    Member of NFA CCFR CSSA NRA DTOM CATI LEFTY MAFIA

Although they like to assume that these people would be willing to fight,

Available for military service: 8,031,266 males, age 17–49, 7,755,550 females, age ...
    LEST WE FORGET
    I Will Not Seal My Fate Without a Fight, If You See Me Running, I Run To The Front.

Firearm owners in Canada, out number the CAF and police combined.
    LEST WE FORGET

I'm not sure how accurate this is, but speaking to a few buddies here in Ottawa a few days back they passed on:
    On the 3rd of June the wife of the Cdn PM, will host an International Women's group including the PM of NZ here in Ottawa. At that time the unemployed Yoga instructor will officailly announce the new Firearms direction on behalf of the current Cdn Government, w the aim of showing solidarity w the NZ PM. If true, I'm not sure how she became the latest official mouthpiece for the Gov't of Canada. I hope my sources are wrong, but the 3rd of June will tell. No information re what may or may not be announced other than if it's the Liberals it will not be good news.

Quote Originally Posted by 1ABNDT View Post
    Firearm owners in Canada, out number the CAF and police combined.
    Our numbers mean absolutely nothing!! In NZ number of legal firearm owners outnumbers their police and armed forces as well, but they are individual gun owners, just like us, we are not and never will be organized group or militia, so when they send their goons to seize our legal firearms it's all of them against one single firearm owner, repeated 2.2 million times. Will any of us "snap" and fight back? I doubt it because we are not a group that "snaps", I don't know one single legal gun owner who snaps (loses control), it's not who we are, hence we are easy pickings for the liberals. Criminals "snap", we don't, even when they put your 12y old child at a gun point.
    How to make a difference in fight against the communists?
    1. Vote for CPC 2. Join CCFR and CSSA (not NFA ) 3. Write letters to your Member of Parliament 4. Continue to be upstanding citizen

Quote Originally Posted by RetiredNow View Post
    I'm not sure how accurate this is, but speaking to a few buddies here in Ottawa a few days back they passed on:
    On the 3rd of June the wife of the Cdn PM, will host an International Women's group including the PM of NZ here in Ottawa. At that time the unemployed Yoga instructor will officailly announce the new Firearms direction on behalf of the current Cdn Government, w the aim of showing solidarity w the NZ PM. If true, I'm not sure how she became the latest official mouthpiece for the Gov't of Canada. I hope my sources are wrong, but the 3rd of June will tell. No information re what may or may not be announced other than if it's the Liberals it will not be good news.
    I bet the NZ leader would like to get up and close with MRS.T. Considering the fearless leader of NZ is also a carpet muncher.
    LEST WE FORGET