Thread: NCRRA [Connaught]?

NCRRA [Connaught]?

I am a newer RPAL holder and CGN member. I am looking to shoot pistols in the Ottawa area and the NCRRA seems to be a solid yet affordable range option. I have a few questions that I hope someone could help me clear up.

1: Is this a good option or should I hold out for EOSC?

2: Is the DND ATT to Connaught hard to get for a restricted handgun? What is the process?

3: Is the NCRRA/Connaught open during the winter?

4: What are the Saftey course/probationary shoots like?

Thanks in advance.

CGN frequent flyer 84fuegoturbo's Avatar
    I am a member of both clubs, they have advantages and disadvantages.
    1-NCRRA pistol ranges time is limited (target pistol is Saturday’s 0900-1600) and need an authorized RSO, EOSC you go when you want and most likely you will be the RSO.
    2-The DND Att will prb take you a month plus depending on how often you go. You need to be obeserved by 2 RSO and get the target captain signature on application.
    3-NCRRA is open during winter BUT pistol ranges are not, they close when ground freezes and reopen April/May. EOSC open 365 days a year. (You can shoot service rifle at Connaught during winter)
    4-safety course is 4hrs’ish at NCRRA and not really any probation although you cannot bring any pistols till you get your att.

Lastly I don’t think eosc is taking any new members till fall while NCRRA is at moment.

Quote Originally Posted by jmb55 View Post
    I am a newer RPAL holder and CGN member. I am looking to shoot pistols in the Ottawa area and the NCRRA seems to be a solid yet affordable range option. I have a few questions that I hope someone could help me clear up.

1: Is this a good option or should I hold out for EOSC?

2: Is the DND ATT to Connaught hard to get for a restricted handgun? What is the process?

3: Is the NCRRA/Connaught open during the winter?

4: What are the Saftey course/probationary shoots like?

Thanks in advance.