Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bought first restricted now what?

Quote Originally Posted by Hvacpimp View Post
    My rpal says "standard conditions are attached to this licence" any idea what that means?
    I'm no expert at this as I'm going thru this now myself, but here is what I've gathered.

Unfortunately, the CFO has endeavoured to confuse license holders. Even though it says that, there are no conditions actually attached to your license before your first R purchase. I know the card says so but........
    When you buy your first R, they attach the conditions to your license in the system, then print your new card with the actual conditions printed on it.

Why this long winded way? Not sure. They could ask you at the time of your RPAL application for the purpose of your guns and add the conditions right there and then. But allas we deal with the gubberment.

Again, I'm no expert. See the link I provided in post #7
    F.... THIS LIBERAL WOKE SCUM.

CGN Regular
    In a place where the creeps won’t get me lol
    Quote Originally Posted by First_timer View Post
    I'm no expert at this as I'm going thru this now myself, but here is what I've gathered.

Unfortunately, the CFO has endeavoured to confuse license holders. Even though it says that, there are no conditions actually attached to your license before your first R purchase. I know the card says so but........
    When you buy your first R, they attach the conditions to your license in the system, then print your new card with the actual conditions printed on it.

Why this long winded way? Not sure. They could ask you at the time of your RPAL application for the purpose of your guns and add the conditions right there and then. But allas we deal with the gubberment.

Thank you sir, I appreciate the help

They can't give you the conditions for a restricted firearm if you don't own one yet! No reason to get an ATT for a non existent firearm. That's why you have to wait for your first purchase to obtain the conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by jhnvan View Post
    They can't give you the conditions for a restricted firearm if you don't own one yet! No reason to get an ATT for a non existent firearm. That's why you have to wait for your first purchase to obtain the conditions.
    Seems unnecessary, I have a RPAL, I'm not going to buy and transport dirt with it. Why else would i have an RPAL? It's either sport use and/or collecting firerams and I can declare that on my RPAL application, I'll need to move it somewhere, sometime.

It just doesn't seem logical to add a layer of cost to the system, for little benefit .
    F.... THIS LIBERAL WOKE SCUM.

"It just doesn't seem logical to add a layer of cost to the system, for little benefit ."

Government buddy government
    Someone stop the planet and let me off for awhile. I need a break from all this stupidity!!! - posted by Northern Amateur

Seems unnecessary, I have a RPAL, I'm not going to buy and transport dirt with it. Why else would i have an RPAL? It's either sport use and/or collecting firerams and I can declare that on my RPAL application, I'll need to move it somewhere, sometime.

It just doesn't seem logical to add a layer of cost to the system, for little benefit .
    Some people require an RPAL for work and will never own a restricted firearm (like people who work in film). Having an RPAL doesn't require transport conditions until you own a firearm that needs those. It's stupid yes, but it kinda makes sense.

So once I take possession of my first restricted (pistol), do I need to apply for an ATT, or does it automatically get added to my licence?

CGN Regular
    When you purchase your first restricted and the seller initiated the transfer, you’ll automatically get issued a new license from the RCMP with new .000x. That new license will have the ATT conditions electronically attached to it. Once C71 gets royal ascent, the “automatic” and “electronically attached” potions of what I just said will go away, and you’ll have to call the provincial CFO to request a specific ATT. Short term in the case of picking up from post office and then preferably long term in the case of your range.

C71 means that you’ll need a specific ATT for each location you wish to transport each firearm, compared to present where the ATT is granted for transport to multiple standardized locations (gun smith, gun show, etc).

Dang I did not know the process was this convoluted haha.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12