Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Vudoo Gunworks Barreled actions

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    ..double post..
    A Government of Laws and not of Policies.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    What distance are you zeroing at with 60moa of cant? Take a Vortex Razor Gen II, it has 71moa of elevation. Assuming if you zeroed with no cant, you would be in the middle of that range. Add 60moa of cant, now at 50yds you would be 25moa high, no?

And the people shooting 1000yds are the outlier, hardly the norm. Joe Bloggins plinking steel at his local range will be perfectly fine with just 20moa. Heck, even if he enters a CRPS match, he should get to 350yds without too much trouble.

I only have 20moa, and I got to 400yds and only had to hold over 1mil.
    I personally have a 30 moa, with 30moa burris signature xtr rings. So 60moa total before the scope. I can dial with my vortex pst gen 2 out to 500yards. 50 yard zero

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by s_moneh View Post
    I personally have a 30 moa, with 30moa burris signature xtr rings. So 60moa total before the scope. I can dial with my vortex pst gen 2 out to 500yards. 50 yard zero
    I'm not seeing how this math works out. The Viper Gen II has 70moa of elevation adjustment, how can you be zeroing at 50? Also, what is your drop at 500yds? My Kestrel gives me 94moa from 50 to 500 yards.

I'm not sure what s_moneh's drop is at 500, but I am running a similar setup (20moa rail, 40 moa rings, 100m zero, scope height is 6cm over bore) I dial down 6.7moa for 25m, and up 103.21moa from my zero for 500m (according to Strelok, my BC, velocity, and temperature inputs). If I could get more rail I'd take it, as my current scope limits me to ~360m (internal elevation adjustment is 50moa, my zero gives me 17 down, and 33 up), and I can hold an additional 30moa.
    Last edited by TrevorJ; 08-30-2020 at 11:53 AM. Reason: added scope height over bore

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by TrevorJ View Post
    I'm not sure what s_moneh's drop is at 500, but I am running a similar setup (20moa rail, 40 moa rings, 100m zero, scope height is 6cm over bore) I dial down 6.7moa for 25m, and up 103.21moa from my zero for 500m (according to Strelok, my BC, velocity, and temperature inputs). If I could get more rail I'd take it, as my current scope limits me to ~360m (internal elevation adjustment is 50moa, my zero gives me 17 down, and 33 up), and I can hold an additional 30moa.
    It looks like your cant isn't actually 60moa, I can't see any other explanation.

I have 30mils in my scope, so 118moa. Half that is 59moa. Using a 20moa base and zero in the rings, I have 18mils/70moa up, so my base is gaining me 3mils/12moa. So if I zeroed with no cant, I would be 2mils(8moa) high of the center of my scope range. Pretty close.

You have 50moa in your scope. Half of that is 25moa. Using 60moa cant, you have 33 up, so your cant is gaining you 8moa. Huh!?!? Even if you account for the extra drop due to 100m zero, that still doesn't come close to 60moa. If you switched to no cant, would you even be able to zero???

What am I missing here?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    What distance are you zeroing at with 60moa of cant? Take a Vortex Razor Gen II, it has 71moa of elevation. Assuming if you zeroed with no cant, you would be in the middle of that range. Add 60moa of cant, now at 50yds you would be 25moa high, no?

And the people shooting 1000yds are the outlier, hardly the norm. Joe Bloggins plinking steel at his local range will be perfectly fine with just 20moa. Heck, even if he enters a CRPS match, he should get to 350yds without too much trouble.

I only have 20moa, and I got to 400yds and only had to hold over 1mil.
    Razor Gen II 4.5-27 is a feature-limited scope in the sense that its elevation adjustment range is sub-par for its market.
    For comparison:
    Vortex STRIKE EAGLE 5-25X56 FFP - 110MOA
    Athlon Midas TAC 5-25×56 APLR4 FFP MOA HD - 110MOA
    Athlon Cronus BTR 4.5-29×56 APLR5 FFP IR MOA UHD - 110MOA
    "The stuff comes and goes. Just buy it cheap and stack it deep." - CGN member gushulak on ammo
    "If you're limp wristing you aren't hitting anything anyway so it makes no difference if the gun fails." - CGN member Kidd X on Glocks

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    It looks like your cant isn't actually 60moa, I can't see any other explanation.

I have 30mils in my scope, so 118moa. Half that is 59moa. Using a 20moa base and zero in the rings, I have 18mils/70moa up, so my base is gaining me 3mils/12moa. So if I zeroed with no cant, I would be 2mils(8moa) high of the center of my scope range. Pretty close.

You have 50moa in your scope. Half of that is 25moa. Using 60moa cant, you have 33 up, so your cant is gaining you 8moa. Huh!?!? Even if you account for the extra drop due to 100m zero, that still doesn't come close to 60moa. If you switched to no cant, would you even be able to zero???

What am I missing here?
    I tend to agree with you regarding TrevorJ's situation. I suspect his barrel isn't aligned with the "0" line of his picatinny base.
    "The stuff comes and goes. Just buy it cheap and stack it deep." - CGN member gushulak on ammo
    "If you're limp wristing you aren't hitting anything anyway so it makes no difference if the gun fails." - CGN member Kidd X on Glocks

Any way to order the new 60* bolt throw version of the Vudoo?

Business Member Go_Big_Tactical's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatTron View Post
    Any way to order the new 60* bolt throw version of the Vudoo?
    We do have several already on order. Send us an email to sales@gobigtactical.ca to discuss

I have always found the you can have more angle on the base than is mathematically feasible. Remember we aren’t shooting lasers, the bullet is dropping as soon as it leaves the barrel and the slower the round the more exaggerated this is.

I test mounted a 5-25 ATACR with a 30moa base an 44.4moa Spuhr mount on a T1x in 22lr expecting to have to hold under and was still able to zero at 50m. The ATACR advertises 35mrad of elevation but mine has 38mrad when I dial top to bottom. That could drop if you dialled a bunch of windage and maybe where the 35mrad comes from.
    Last edited by Harry Shooter; 04-26-2021 at 05:56 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234