Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Colt LE6920 AR15 are back

Quote Originally Posted by Wal-Mart Greeter View Post
    No name aluminum is just as good as the BCM aluminum that you were about to pay 400$ for haha

It’s a hand guard, friend. It’s not a watch or a car.
    If it's no name aluminum you're after maybe you should stick to Norinco.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerPark View Post
    If it's no name aluminum you're after maybe you should stick to Norinco.
    Fine with me. I don't have to worry about spending 400$ on parts worth 95$ just for a name stamped on the side lol. I'd take my 450$ Norinco over a 1400$ LE6920 any day. In fact, I did. I had an LE6921 in 2009 and sold it a year later. I kept the CQ-A. Couldn't justify the 2000$ price difference. Granted, 900$ is a much better deal than the 2400$ they used to be.

Don't act all holier than thou, this is still a budget entry level AR.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer polskiogorki's Avatar
    You can find stock colt handguards on the ee for around 50 bucks or less.
    I have one sitting in my drawer too.... these are a great deal. If I didn't have a 6933 I would jump at this. I always change out the furniture anyway
    You truly don't know happiness until you have to unload your ammo delivery with a forklift ☺

I will definitely pick one up this friday ( payday ) if they still have any. Purchased a Lower from them last week. Great CS.

Fine with me. I don't have to worry about spending 400$ on parts worth 95$ just for a name stamped on the side lol. I'd take my 450$ Norinco over a 1400$ LE6920 any day. In fact, I did. I had an LE6921 in 2009 and sold it a year later. I kept the CQ-A. Couldn't justify the 2000$ price difference. Granted, 900$ is a much better deal than the 2400$ they used to be.

It’s not just a name stamped on the side. It’s the TDP. Meaning the data plan.

Appearance may seem the same to you and your eyes but that doesn’t mean anything. There are reasons why your Norinco manual has your gun rated at 5000rds. Don’t be so simple. There are so many drawbacks to buying a Norinco and then comparing it too the real deal. Many purchasers like yourself buy into these slogans as “it’s just as Good No”. The answer is NO it is not. Tolerances are not the same and this causes problems as parts wear out to be replaced.

The reality is the holy grail that is the TDP (The Data Package ) owned by Colt means everything. All these other companies reverse engineered or copied parts of it and for good reason.

That being said, your Norc cost what it does for obvious reasons, no emotion here, just the measurable facts. It will function and work fine for what it was built to be, but it is not Colt.

An LE6920 is the gold Standard for a good reason.

Damn it...after the Colt Canada lower I may still end up buying this too...
    Check other started threads for combo deals

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner99 View Post
    It’s not just a name stamped on the side. It’s the TDP. Meaning the data plan.

Appearance may seem the same to you and your eyes but that doesn’t mean anything. There are reasons why your Norinco manual has your gun rated at 5000rds. Don’t be so simple. There are so many drawbacks to buying a Norinco and then comparing it too the real deal. Many purchasers like yourself buy into these slogans as “it’s just as Good No”. The answer is NO it is not. Tolerances are not the same and this causes problems as parts wear out to be replaced.

The reality is the holy grail that is the TDP (The Data Package ) owned by Colt means everything. All these other companies reverse engineered or copied parts of it and for good reason.

That being said, your Norc cost what it does for obvious reasons, no emotion here, just the measurable facts. It will function and work fine for what it was built to be, but it is not Colt.

An LE6920 is the gold Standard for a good reason.
    Keep drinking the koolaid. The Norinco will last just as long as the Colt. The only difference is the finish. I know because I owned both and shot them side by side. Neither you nor me will ever use our ARs to the point of noticing a difference between a CQA and an LE6920.

If you were supplying a militia by all means get the gun with the better QC, the pedigree and the support. To punch holes in paper in canada, however, don’t try to tell me there’s going to be a significant difference between sub 1500$ ARs.

I won’t pollute this thread anymore, was just pointing out that guy didn’t need to spend 500$ to finish his rifle. Didn’t mean to step on any toes. If you want to pretend your LE6920 is a H&K I’ll leave you to it!

Keep drinking the koolaid. The Norinco will last just as long as the Colt. The only difference is the finish. I know because I owned both and shot them side by side. Neither you nor me will ever use our ARs to the point of noticing a difference between a CQA and an LE6920.

If you were supplying a militia by all means get the gun with the better QC, the pedigree and the support. To punch holes in paper in canada, however, don’t try to tell me there’s going to be a significant difference between sub 1500$ ARs.

I won’t pollute this thread anymore, was just pointing out that guy didn’t need to spend 500$ to finish his rifle. Didn’t mean to step on any toes. If you want to pretend your LE6920 is a H&K I’ll leave you to it!
    The Colt 6920 is fully mil-spec, magnetic particle tested parts, and a chrome moly steel milspec barrel. Sorry but comparing a Colt to a Norinco,even the outsourced Expanse, is laughable.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer r34skyline's Avatar

Well there goes any credibility you had.

Op. There are decent handguards like midwests for fairly cheap. A bcm or geissele or an alg will set you back a bit more. Shop around for hg. Lots of good options. But you can have the gat with magpul mbus front and rear for around 1100-1200 which is a great price for a mil spec ar.

If Norinco is so great, why bother buying anything else? Maybe our armed forces should ditch CC and restore relations with China by going Norinco only.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast