Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Call Your MP about the Liberals Secret Gun Plan ( Ban ) Now

Ah yeah!
    LEST WE FORGET
    I Will Not Seal My Fate Without a Fight, If You See Me Running, I Run To The Front.
    Member of NFA CCFR CSSA NRA DTOM CATI LEFTY MAFIA

wow i actually got a reply..

Thank you for writing to me on the matter of Bill C-71, An Act to amend certain Acts and Regulations in relation to firearms. On May 28th, 2019, Parliament passed Bill C-71, and I want to share its details with you.

First, I want to reiterate that this bill proposes firearms retailers maintain a record of fire arm sales, something that is already a common practice throughout the industry. This information is confidential and will not be shared with the government, however, law enforcement will have access to this information where there are reasonable grounds to do so, and judicial authorization is required.

The Federal Government has a responsibility to keep our communities safe, since gun homicides have doubled in recent years something had to be done to bring this number down. The new legislation provides practical, targeted, and measured steps to help keep Canadians safe.

These better rules will help make our communities less vulnerable to violence from firearms while maintaining a fair and manageable framework for law-abiding firearms owners, and businesses.

Here are the key areas we have introduced with this legislation:

o Requires the buyer’s license to be verified at the time of sale for all firearms purchases
    o Expanding background checks to cover the full life of applicants seeking a firearms licence, up from only the previous five years
    o Standardizing best practices among commercial retailers for safekeeping sales records of non-restricted firearms
    o Enhancing safeguards related to the transportation of restricted and prohibited firearms
    o Improving the classification of firearms by relying on the expertise of impartial technical experts

This legislation is a measured and appropriate response that will save lives, while also being fair to legitimate, law-abiding firearms owners, and businesses.

Thank you again for writing and I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chuckbuster's Avatar
    Not far enough north of Premier Orville Reddenbacher
    My Liberal MPs office called me back this evening. They said they were unaware of any ban outside of a handgun ban; yeah, that caught me off guard as well. I have a meeting with him next week.
    Look to your front! Mark your target when it comes.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chuckbuster's Avatar
    Not far enough north of Premier Orville Reddenbacher
    Quote Originally Posted by skainth View Post
    wow i actually got a reply..

Thank you for writing to me on the matter of Bill C-71, An Act to amend certain Acts and Regulations in relation to firearms. On May 28th, 2019, Parliament passed Bill C-71, and I want to share its details with you.

First, I want to reiterate that this bill proposes firearms retailers maintain a record of fire arm sales, something that is already a common practice throughout the industry. This information is confidential and will not be shared with the government, however, law enforcement will have access to this information where there are reasonable grounds to do so, and judicial authorization is required.

The Federal Government has a responsibility to keep our communities safe, since gun homicides have doubled in recent years something had to be done to bring this number down. The new legislation provides practical, targeted, and measured steps to help keep Canadians safe.

These better rules will help make our communities less vulnerable to violence from firearms while maintaining a fair and manageable framework for law-abiding firearms owners, and businesses.

Here are the key areas we have introduced with this legislation:

o Requires the buyer’s license to be verified at the time of sale for all firearms purchases
    o Expanding background checks to cover the full life of applicants seeking a firearms licence, up from only the previous five years
    o Standardizing best practices among commercial retailers for safekeeping sales records of non-restricted firearms
    o Enhancing safeguards related to the transportation of restricted and prohibited firearms
    o Improving the classification of firearms by relying on the expertise of impartial technical experts

This legislation is a measured and appropriate response that will save lives, while also being fair to legitimate, law-abiding firearms owners, and businesses.

Thank you again for writing and I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
    Yeah...horse puckey.
    Look to your front! Mark your target when it comes.

I am honestly sick of treating these people with respect. I wrote to both Trudeau and Blair, (not for the first time) CCing my MP (NDP), whom i've written independently of this stuff in the past. I told them they had been deceptive from the start with regards to this process. I told Blair he was a failed police chief shifting the responsibility for gang shootings in Toronto onto firearms owners that comply with every law. I also told them I've never donated to a political campaign but will be donating as much as I am able to their opponents this year. This whole thing has been a sham from the start. Whether my transfers go through or not, and whatever happens on Monday, I am truly pissed now.

I don't understand why moderates and conservatives are so lackadaisical. The left is assaulting our "freedoms" (quotes because our Charter of Rights and Freedoms is so weak) on every front, whether on gun policy, how we raise our children, or on social/economic policies. They are loud and visible and effective. We do nothing.

Every damned gun store and gun club in this country should be offering membership to the NFA, CCFR, or CSSA. Pick one, I don't care. At a minimum people will be kept informed and notified on the various calls to action. There should be discounted membership available with every gun or ammunition purchase until we get our pathetic numbers up. They don't have to get in people's faces advocating for their preference of org, but they should be doing something to help as their livelihoods are at stake. If handguns and restricteds like the AR are banned, a lot of gun stores will go under imo. Without new members, the ranges will eventually close. I'm pretty convinced that people that buy restricted weapons buy far more in general than those that just buy hunting rifles and shotguns. We spend more on ammo because we shoot a lot more. We spend more on optics. We spend more on accessories and aftermarket parts. I've basically bought 1 gun a month since I got my license. I doubt that I am unusual.

It's too late for C-71 and whatever will happen on Monday, but i hope to hell this is a wake-up call for people and that we all get active for the election. every donation should be tied to what the CPC will do on firearms. I for one am a single issue voter. That the progressives are completely insane on every other front makes my choice easy, but for the purpose of garnering donations from me for elections, I am single issue so that it's crystal clear.
    Member of CSSA, NFA, CFFR and OFAH

^^ I am afraid you just are not canadian

I emailed my MP, Blair and Trudeau. I deliberately omitted any honorifics as people who treat our veterans with such disrespect do not deserve the
    title Honourable or Right Honourable. I ran a quick comparison of Colt Canada products; Assault Rifles, Patrol Carbines and Sports Carbines. I crossed
    out Sports Carbine and substituted Gun Designed to Hunt People. Even though the round itself is better for varmints and maybe up to medium game.

I will be calling my MP to get it on the record but I am not holding my breath. Just hoping that I covered all of the Grandfather bases before the idiots
    drop the boom.

Great work everyone, keep it up. Here's my email for this first week of June to over 100 addresses.

https://youtu.be/JRYuVuxyyoM

Good day, I just wanted to forward this message to you so you could actually see the lies that your deviant forked tongue spews. A look in the mirror type moment. Please see provided video.TY

Contrary to what you believe or have been led to believe or just enjoy distorting the TRUTH. You must show your license when you buy a firearm, ammo, and certain parts and or accessories PERIOD! Stop demonizing store owners.

Taking away enhanced background checks WILL NOT CHANGE THAT! You will still have to show your license.

If your so concerned about who is buying what, why don't you enhance the physical card with the info needed and all it would take is a swipe of the card electronically at the retailer and the info checked would be instant��. Second the physical card has no security features on it what so ever! (Like our money) to prevent counterfeit licenses. ��
    How is a retailer going to know if the card is not counterfeit? By checking the valid date!

This is why decisions need to be taken out of the polititions hands, because you are not EXPERTS!

GANG VIOLENCE! not gun violence is the issue, quit deflecting. Fight the criminal entity that has festered in this Country/Provinces for over the 40yrs that I have lived in the GTA/Country. Billions of dollars in money laundering, gang violence, corporate/Gov corruption and border security should be your top concern. Bill Blair talks about how he has been a police officer for 40yrs in the GTA sounds to me like your part of the problem too, instead you go after hard working tax paying citizens that enjoy hunting, competitive 3gun, clay, olympic competitors, industry, business, and collectors.

Stop smoking pot! You are not fit to represent let alone run this country, and are a disgusting example of a open and transparent Government/Person, you have demonized, mislead, misinformed, manipulated the caucus by stacking it in your favour so you could push your agendas through regardless of consultations. The firing of JWR shows that you are the furthest thing from a feminist and you and your party should be ashamed, if you have any.

JWR and JP are 10 times the man you wish you were.

Enjoy your summer because it will be your last one in power!

We the people!
    LEST WE FORGET
    I Will Not Seal My Fate Without a Fight, If You See Me Running, I Run To The Front.
    Member of NFA CCFR CSSA NRA DTOM CATI LEFTY MAFIA

Another one on our side: John Barlow PC, Foothills
    His response to my email:

Mr. Harcus,

Thanks very much for writing to me on Bill C-71 and I agree with your concerns.

First, I voted against Bill C-71 and I am adamantly opposed to this backdoor gun registry which does nothing to address gun crime. This was especially poignant for due to the increase in rural crime across Canada, and specifically, in my riding of Foothills. Addressing rural crime and gun/gang violence is a top priority for my constituents.

Unfortunately last week, the Liberals’ new firearms legislation, Bill C-71, did pass in the Senate without amendments.

As a result, Justin Trudeau’s Liberals have failed to address gun crime. Instead, their legislation senselessly targeting law-abiding gun owners has passed its final legislative hurdle. Imposing a backdoor gun registry does nothing to keep Canadians safe. Not only does it fail to address gang violence or target gang criminals, but the word “gang” does not even appear in the bill.

I was scheduled to speak to this legislation in the House, but because the Liberal’s refused to allow their National Security Advisor to appear at committee, the House moved to over 20 hours of voting and my speech was rescheduled. John, as I said, also voted against Bill C-71 when it was in the House.

Conservatives believe in putting dangerous criminals behind bars where they belong, as well as respecting the rights of law-abiding firearms owners. A Conservative Government led by Andrew Scheer will get tough on gangs, give law enforcement the tools they need to keep Canadians safe and crack down on illegal gun smuggling. And we will repeal C-71 once and for all.

Thanks again for writing

John Barlow

Member of Parliament, Foothills
    Shadow Minister of Employment, Workforce Development and Labour

Thank you astute observer, I will use this!

" https://www.ourcommons.ca/Parliament...members?page=2 "