Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Call Your MP about the Liberals Secret Gun Plan ( Ban ) Now

Don Rusnack my MP believes it will work. He's leaving politics, but supports this bill. He's a lawyer. I also pointed out how it effects hunting and trapping for the Indigenous, He seems to think they only need 22 rifles.
    when banjos are outlawed, only outlaws will have banjos
    “The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein

Thanks for raising awareness Greentips!

Letter just sent to my MP

Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    Whether your believe a ban or reclassification is coming or not, it is important that you call your MP ( whether they are CPC, NDP or Liberals ) NOW to let them know one of his/her constituents is a gun issue voter and opposing to any further restrictions, whether the word "gun ban" is actually used in Bill Blair's play of words.

Let your MP know in no uncertainties these 3 points:

1) The ambiguous threat and secretive plan of this government concerning "gun ban" is unacceptable. This has been in the same vain as SNC-Lavalin scandal and Mark Norman's case, and it is everything against "transparent" government that the Liberals advertised;

2) Using OIC to reclassify and prohibit guns to achieve the effect of a gun ban is undemocratic and an abuse of power. It is the action of a government when it does not have the support of the people and its own firearms consultation;

3) Any policy and action on further restriction on firearms are contrary to the overwhelming evidence of 100,000 survey responses in the government's own firearms consultation. 100,000 people have voiced their opposition to further further restriction. A gun ban is not "evidence based policy".

Letter just sent to my MP:

Mr John Barlow;

Just sending a note to see if you were for or against Bill C-71, the ill-conceived bastard child of Goodale and Blair (whom should both have been given mandatory retirement five years ago) which passed through final vote in Senate today, and also to have you confirm or deny the validity of the PM's Handgun/Assault Rifle Ban Order In Council motion which is rumored to be secretly pushed through on the June 3rd sitting.

As a rural gun owner, I am appalled at the idea that the Liberal Government is even considering such irresponsible, ineffective actions, and simply will not support an asinine Government that believes this to be an method to reduce, control and/or eliminate firearms related crimes in this Country (i.e. Britain and Australia 20 years later).

The answer to gun control.is not by Illegally taking guns out of the hands of Canadian Citizens, but rather by increasing the sentences of those convicted of using them while carrying out a crime. By allowing law abiding citizens to protect their family and property through the responsible, safe ownership of guns, the rate of violent crimes will decrease. Prime example, come down my 3-1/2 km driveway at 2 in the morning, and you had better pray the dogs were enough to make you turn around and leave before I hear them bark.

If this Ban is effected, the Government WILL be making criminals out of law abiding citizens, and more importantly, the Liberals WILL LOSE THE UPCOMING ELECTION, and you can bet I will do my part to ensure that this does happen.

A short time after Monday, October 21, the new PM Andrew Scheer will repeal Bill C-71, and perhaps then the Liberals will learn who they were actually working for. I can predict the certain outcome of this fall's upcoming election today, and it will not include a Liberal Majority. I will be so bold to suggest that, before then, you should consider it time to cross the floor.

I am looking forward to reading your response before Monday the 3rd of June, 2019. Please note, that in no way should you consider my words to be a threat. although your response could directly influence my voting decision during the next election.

Best Regards;
    John Harcus

Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Emailed my Liberal MP.

And got a rather quick reply.
    Sorry if I am missing the boat on this one. Where did the 50% figure come from? I understood that Blair had stated that there was insufficient tracking being done to determine where the firearms were coming from. Did I miss this transparent information?

revolution

Just sent this in to my CPC MP... might have been a touch long-winded but it was thorough, I think... That said, I think I will have more luck than those with LPC and NDP MP's...

To the Hon. Dave MacKenzie,

As one of your constituents in Oxford, I write to you to express my disappointment in the passing of C-71 today, but before I proceed any further, let me say Thank You to yourself and the CPC for speaking out and voting against the Bill since last spring.

I have been enjoying recreational target shooting since 2011, it is something I wish I had of developed an interest in at a younger age. I have since introduced a few other friends to the sport - some have moved on to get their license, others gained a better understanding of the sport that I have come to enjoy but left it at that. The sport has helped many people coast-to-coast to gain a healthy understanding for firearms and safety, build a sense of community with the many outdoors clubs, and create a lot of wonderful memories with friends and family for millions of Canadians, all while having some fun in the process. While not a hunter myself, I appreciate the value in the activity and fully support all those who choose to enjoy it.

Target shooting and hunting are truly Canadian activities that I, and many other Canadians want to be able to enjoy currently and with future generations... passing down traditions and old family heirlooms such as Grandpa's old pistol or Dad's old rifle is a priceless gift for our children and grandchildren and should not be taken for granted... these traditions and heirlooms are a small (but important) window into the past that allows us to get a glimpse of who we are as a nation and where we came from. In my opinion, a box of ammunition and a firearm are just as important to our Canadian roots as a tackle box and a fishing rod.

There has been a lot of buzz recently due to the Hon. Tony Clement's statement regarding a potential 'secret plan' to ban legal firearms with zero debate in Parliament. Unfortunately, there has been no denial or reassurance that a ban will not take place by Order in Council.

A few points I would like to make are;

I fully agree with the Hon. Tony Clement's statement, when he said that this is very concerning and not democratic. A 'secret plan' to ban and confiscate privately owned property without debate is completely and absolutely unacceptable for a government that campaigned on 'transparency'.

Any policy and action on further restrictions on firearms are contrary to the overwhelming evidence of over 100,000 survey responses in the government's own firearms consultation. 80% of survey respondents voiced their opposition for further restriction. From these results, a gun ban is not "evidence based policy".

Despite the results of this consultation, to go ahead with restrictions and bans via OIC is completely undemocratic.

Further restrictions and bans, much like C-71 will unnecessarily target legal, trained owners and will have little impact on the gang and drug-related problems facing Toronto and other major cities. Canadians deserve legislation that targets the real problem.

I do not support further restrictions or bans on any firearms.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the matter.

Calling tomorrow!

Will post my letter response soon in Calgary.
    CCFR Member

Just got the OK to post from my MP Len Webber, will send it along tomorrow.
    CCFR Member

Called Billy and left messages twice! Will call again tomorrow... and will call my MP too...
    GOD, GUNS & GOLD - Three Gs I seek