Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Call Your MP about the Liberals Secret Gun Plan ( Ban ) Now

This is what I wrote:

To the Hon. Jean Yip,

I have been a life-long Liberal voter but that will come to an end this election season. I have becoming increasingly disenfranchised with your party's stance on various issues including gun control.

I am a law-abiding citizen who has had a valid firearm's license for over a decade and legally possess various restricted firearms. Like the vast majority of legal firearms owners in Canada, I comply with all the laws pertaining to firearms storage and transportation no matter how absurd and inconvenient they may be. I do this because I respect the law and take firearm safety very seriously.

However, the Liberal party is irrational targeting of legal gun owners in order to reduce "gun violence" is something I cannot support. I too want to prevent criminals from having access to firearms, but I will not be treated like I am part of the problem. Your party should focus its vast resources on the people who don't care about following the law, criminals!

Through the propagation of misleading statistics and further introduction of ineffective laws, the Liberal party has proven to me that they are not truly interested in curbing gun violence in Canada.

Perhaps your party should look to other democratic nations like Sweden, Finland and Norway who have the highest rates of private gun ownership and haven't introduced laws like bill C-71 despite having suffered serious crimes involving firearms.

Until your party decides to take gun violence seriously, my family and I refuse to cast another vote to any Liberal candidate.

If you would like to reach out to me, I can be reached at ###-###-XXXX or by e-mail. I truly would appreciate a chance to converse with you on this important matter.

I thank you for your time and wish you all the best in the upcoming elections.

Thank you!

Here it is in text and my links to the JPEGS's. My communications with Len Webber Calgary MP.

Len.Webber.C1A@parl.gc.ca

Dear Morgan Remfry,

Thank you for your email and for sharing your concerns.

At this time, we aren’t sure if the information is accurate, but it would be unusual for a former Cabinet Minister to make that kind of statement in the House of Commons without some reliable information.

The Conservative position continues to be that the focus on preventing violent crime needs to be concentrated on criminals and gangs, not law-abiding firearms owners. That is why we have committed to repeal Bill C-71, the Liberals crackdown on firearms owners, if elected in October 2019. Moreover, Commissioner Lucki of the RCMP, Chief Constable Adam Palmer (Vancouver Police Department and President of the Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police) and Chris Lewis, former Commissioner of the Ontario Provincial Police, had also said a handgun ban would do nothing to stop criminals. Senior police officers across the country have not raised any significant concerns with licenced owners, but rather are focused on criminals.

We will be keeping a close eye on any Orders in Council (Cabinet Directives) regarding firearms ban and will respond if they are issued.

Sincerely,

Len Webber, MP
    Calgary Confederation

Sent: May 17, 2019 1:45 PM
    To: Webber, Len - M.P. <Len.Webber@parl.gc.ca>
    Subject: Trudeau Has ‘Secret Plan’ on ‘Sweeping Gun Ban'

Dear Len Webber,

I’m writing to you from Highland Park Calgary, I have heard some rumours regarding a “secret gun ban’ potentially being pushed by Justin Trudeau and his Liberal Party through the Cabinet, as stated recently by independent MP Tony Clement in Parliament. Are any of these allegations true? Should law-abiding Canadian firearms owners with a valid PAL be concerned of a ban and the consequences of such a ban.

Thank you, I appreciate your time looking into this matter. Have a great long weekend.

Sources:
    https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/polit...uns/ar-AABarh3

https://thegunblog.ca/2019/05/09/tru...-clement-says/

https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...-Ban-%E2%80%99

Sincerely,

Morgan Remfry
    mremfry@outlook.com
    403-464-8382

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
    CCFR Member

Sent an email off, Oddly enough my local MP is someone I knew before he was in politics. If I don't get at least an emailed response I'm going to call his office directly (hes liberal BTW)

LEST WE FORGET
    I Will Not Seal My Fate Without a Fight, If You See Me Running, I Run To The Front.
    Member of NFA CCFR CSSA NRA DTOM CATI LEFTY MAFIA

It looks like people prefer to send email instead of calling.

This could be the timing during the day, but my speculation is that a lot of people are afraid of confrontation (because verbal communication is immediate and more personal ). Many are probably afraid of not having organized thoughts and expressing thoughts coherently on the phone. No one wants to sound stupid on the phone.

But these factors should not stop anyone from calling. This is what US gun owners do. NRA doesn't ask members to send emails, they ask them to CALL and flood their reps with CALLS whenever important legislations would be voted on. If anything, it is like presentation to the public, once it is done a few times it becomes natural.

We need to be more "present". Picking up the phone is the first step for all of us! We have Thursday and Friday morning to make this happen!

If you have a NDP or Liberals MP, it is especially important for you to call him/her to politely confront his/her party line, especially the back benchers.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

Super Moderator
    Waiting to hear back from my CPC MP. We host a fundraiser every year at the range; he has shot pistols, ARs, precision rifles, so he knows a bit more than most.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chuckbuster's Avatar
    Not far enough north of Premier Orville Reddenbacher
    Quote Originally Posted by sjarods View Post
    Sorry if I am missing the boat on this one. Where did the 50% figure come from? I understood that Blair had stated that there was insufficient tracking being done to determine where the firearms were coming from. Did I miss this transparent information?
    Don't know if anybody has answered your question, but the Coles Notes version is that a) a Toronto cop made an unofficial and off the cuff statement to that effect, and b) there was a small sample of guns that was traced out west and of the guns that could be traced, half were found to have originated within Canada; however, the actual number of guns both in the sample and those that were traceable, was quite small.

The Libs and their gun grabber friends shamelessly exploited these two inaccuracies and the 50% figure has become an article of faith among antis; woe to those who do not believe.
    Look to your front! Mark your target when it comes.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chuckbuster's Avatar
    Not far enough north of Premier Orville Reddenbacher
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckbuster View Post
    Straight to voicemail. I left a message. We'll see if my MP returns my phone call.
    I will give him the courtesy of 24 hours to call back. If not, I will be on the phone again.
    Look to your front! Mark your target when it comes.

Called my MP's office this morning to no avail. Had a great conversation with the nice lady on the line and she was quite informative herself. Must be indicative of a Conservative Mp's office!

Another email sent and hopefully it will help in some respect. I've always looked to October for archery to begin, but damn I think I'm looking forward to the election even more!

"Dear Mr. Tilson,

I am writing to you as a concerned resident in Dufferin County and your neighbor within our community. I have grave concerns regarding the rumors of impending abuse of power the federal Liberal government has been accused of regarding the passing a secretive ban on AR-15s and possibly handguns. Are any of these allegations true to rumor? Should legally licensed and vetted firearms owners, which incidentally are the most trusted of Canadian Citizens, be concerned over their intent of using an OIC to ban legally owned firearms?

I am deeply disappointed and insulted as a Canadian citizen at the blatant disregard the federal Liberals have shown against the democratic process which Canada is revered for worldwide.

Thank you for your time and as always you have my support."
    Please support your local SPCA!

I just emailed my local MP this:

"Hello Sukh Dhaliwal
    My entire family and I have voted for you over the past years. With great confidence that you work in our community and country’s best interest.
    I am very concerned with this new Bill C-71. Majority of the people I talk to, firearms owners and non firearms owners DO NOT seem to agree with it. Rather than banning certain firearms and having more strict gun laws, this bill will tie up valuable RCMP resources with no benefit to public safety. Instead these resources and funding would be better used to crackdown on ILLEGAL firearms being smuggled into the country, and criminals (who don’t have a PAL) to keep our street safe.
    I can honestly say over the past few years I expected better from the Liberal party. I know in this upcoming election I most likely will not be voting Liberal and I’m sure many people after this wont either. "

got a reply from his assistant, saying thank you for the email and he will reply to me shortly!