Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Call Your MP about the Liberals Secret Gun Plan ( Ban ) Now

Quote Originally Posted by Squiggy View Post
    IMO the prohibitions of Swiss Arms rifle and CZ858 was just a test to see what gun owners would do. I'm no gun expert but the banning of those two makes not much sense to me because there are so many variations of the same rifles. This was just a test to see what we would do. OOhh a few emails and letters which in end in delete and shredder.
    That's why everyone needs to make a phone call, not sending just an email that can be ignored with minimum annoyance to the recipient.

Messages left in the answering machine must be gone through sequentially, and the staffers have to go through all the messages to fish out things that are important to them. They can't just move them into a folder using rules in the email client either with a few clicks of the mouse or automatically.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

CGN frequent flyer 1300_stainless's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ericrose View Post
    Quite honestly I think you are wasting your time calling Liberal MPs. They are in lockstep with their Supreme Leader JT. Any show of discontent or disagreement will be met with expulsion. Like most politicians all they are really interested in is surviving long enough to get the golden retirement package MPs get. JT is just a dictator with curly hair and good teeth.
    Wholeheartedly agree. Have spoken face to face with my local MP (liberal) on unrelated issues. Was a complete waste of both of our time. Can say with certainty the Liberals in my province (NS) give absolutely zero ####s about what their constituents think or want now that they have been elected. They tow the party line with their ears and eyes shut.
    My bling bling goes bang bang

Last edited by Kanaskichuck; 05-30-2019 at 02:41 PM.

CGN Regular
    I’ve both called and sent email to Trudeau, pallister, Bowman, Goodale and Blair who once said there are no reason for anyone to own guns and we should take up golfing. To him I responded by saying “there is no reason for golfing and alcohol in Canada, so I’d like to ban those while we’re on the spree. Stupid logic gets stupid response lol.

Quote Originally Posted by 1300_stainless View Post
    Wholeheartedly agree. Have spoken face to face with my local MP (liberal) on unrelated issues. Was a complete waste of both of our time. Can say with certainty the Liberals in my province (NS) give absolutely zero ####s about what their constituents think or want now that they have been elected. They tow the party line with their ears and eyes shut.
    But thats the game. If you don't play the game, for sure there is zero result.

I understand everyone wants a response or a positive result first time everytime for every effort. People want respect and feel hurt when they do not felt like getting reciprocal recognition, but this is like going to job interviews and one cannot expect to get a job offer in the first and every single interviews. Politics is the same. No one cares if you say it once, you have to say it many many times.

Going there to meet or call your MP is very useful, even if he/she is not receptive. Your MP may not act like he/she is affected, but you are adding to the tally on the wall who opposes to his/her party line. If you and other constituents in the same area do that all the time, those voices will eventually stay in their heads. They are regular humans, and not even super tier 1 spec ops.

They are regurgitating the party line and the script because that's the best personal defence mechanism to de-personalize from the debate, to put themselves away from the situation and therefore to resist these pressures. Our jobs is to make it personal ( by calling and meeting),keep up that pressure and reduce that resistance.
    Last edited by greentips; 05-30-2019 at 11:24 AM.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

CGN Regular
    “Weather you believe a ban is coming or not”

Oh the ban is coming, have you ever in your life seen or heard a liberal party so quiet about guns ? It took them 20 years to get back in, and they got a majority government. There is no way on gods green earth they will not take this opportunity to get what they want. This is the calm before the storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Hammer View Post
    “Weather you believe a ban is coming or not”

Oh the ban is coming, have you ever in your life seen or heard a liberal party so quiet about guns ? This is the calm before the storm.
    Lol, whatever bring it, at this point JT and the Libs just keep sinking further and further into there own exile so it's pretty hard to be heard when you're that far down in your own hole. I hope they enjoy the stay!

https://youtu.be/-v67LpSz6Ck. https://youtu.be/-v67LpSz6Ck
    LEST WE FORGET
    I Will Not Seal My Fate Without a Fight, If You See Me Running, I Run To The Front.
    Member of NFA CCFR CSSA NRA DTOM CATI LEFTY MAFIA

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaskichuck View Post
    Sell your guns and go golfing, fishing, hiking, biking , quading side by side . Hell by a Harley join various biking group Go to show girls buy more booze maybe the odd hoe.. Drink, smoke dope. All is good. The majority think we are all nuts. There's no hope the government wants our gun's. Soon Canada will be under Sharia Law. Might be a good thing " more babies , less abortions. Next the government will want to register our new shinny swords, battle axes .
    I'm not selling. Instead my husband and I bought in anticipation of a ban. He just had two transfers approved and now they can be shipped. I'm just waiting for my transfer to be approved. I was a couple of days after my hubby.

As for going after my shiny sword, I practice Iaido and that will be another battle if I'm ever asked to give up my Japanese sword.

I can't remember if I posted on this thread or another but I both tweeted and spoke to my MP's office. Our area has always been Conservative.

Ty for doing your part and holding true and resolute.

ZEN KEN ICHI
    ( THE MIND AND THE FIST ARE ONE )
    LEST WE FORGET
    I Will Not Seal My Fate Without a Fight, If You See Me Running, I Run To The Front.
    Member of NFA CCFR CSSA NRA DTOM CATI LEFTY MAFIA

i saw your post and said WTF, I'm going to call my MP. instead of sitting on the couch. So called him in the the office, surprisingly his assistant put my call through! we said our hellos and he asked me what my call was about. I told him that i am a lawful gun owner and I'm concerned about all the gun ban issue. He then said oh, it's about the gun ban? we have been getting calls about that. he said I will tell you what, I have to take a flight to Ottawa, but i wan to discuss this with you when I get back. so please give me your cell number. I was kind of caught off guard, thinking he was going to blow me off! I told him in closing, it is not about the gun ban really, I am more concerned about the Liberal government and all the unacceptable secretive handling of the SNC-Lavalin and the Mark Norman case, the secretive Gun ban is the final straw. So... let see if we get to chat on the phone again. I think in ridding that Liberals and Conservatives were in close fights for every vote. PMs know they need to listen.

we will see! I didn't want to sit on the couch and do noting.