Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Call Your MP about the Liberals Secret Gun Plan ( Ban ) Now

Good luck getting responses.

We have a dipper MP here and I have written him 3 letters. He doesn't even have the courtesy to respond. He is more worried about the Air Canada flight schedule to YVR...

I'll be happy to see him out the door and a CPC replacement. What a joke these Libs/ Dipper / Green MP's are.
    Velox Versutus Vigilans

NRA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FreedomIsn'tFree's Avatar
    My MP is Glen Motz and he's been fighting for us for years. I will call again and talk with him.
    It's better to have questions you can't answer, then answers you can't question.
    When you have no property rights, YOU ARE THE PROPERTY!
    WEXIT, IPSC, CCFR.

When I called I fumbled a bit, I didn't have speech prepared and didn't want to ramble in details. I simply wanted to voice an opinion based on basic principles and premises. The conversation with my NDP reps office was sympathetic, and I was asked questions.

What I supported, what I didn't support as far as actions on firearm legislation. What type of firearms did I use for various purposes. What did I consider an 'assault rifle' and how it differs or not from other semi-automatics in the same calibers. We talked about hunting, and training for martial use and sport / competition use. My ownership of restricted and non restricted, AR's being restricted by name - when people think of handguns as the only restricted type and why I own them and what I use them for. We also discussed some hunting and bias in polls being presented online for both sides of the debate and misrepresentation of facts.

My conversation was not anonymous nor was my email - both clearly identified me as a constituent with a residential address a block away from their office.

I agree that calling and clearly identifying yourself makes the biggest difference. We covered quite a lot in a 10 minute civil phone conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    It looks like people prefer to send email instead of calling.

This could be the timing during the day, but my speculation is that a lot of people are afraid of confrontation (because verbal communication is immediate and more personal ). Many are probably afraid of not having organized thoughts and expressing thoughts coherently on the phone. No one wants to sound stupid on the phone.

But these factors should not stop anyone from calling. This is what US gun owners do. NRA doesn't ask members to send emails, they ask them to CALL and flood their reps with CALLS whenever important legislations would be voted on. If anything, it is like presentation to the public, once it is done a few times it becomes natural.

We need to be more "present". Picking up the phone is the first step for all of us! We have Thursday and Friday morning to make this happen!

If you have a NDP or Liberals MP, it is especially important for you to call him/her to politely confront his/her party line, especially the back benchers.
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    It looks like people prefer to send email instead of calling.

This could be the timing during the day, but my speculation is that a lot of people are afraid of confrontation (because verbal communication is immediate and more personal ). Many are probably afraid of not having organized thoughts and expressing thoughts coherently on the phone. No one wants to sound stupid on the phone.

But these factors should not stop anyone from calling. This is what US gun owners do. NRA doesn't ask members to send emails, they ask them to CALL and flood their reps with CALLS whenever important legislations would be voted on. If anything, it is like presentation to the public, once it is done a few times it becomes natural.

We need to be more "present". Picking up the phone is the first step for all of us! We have Thursday and Friday morning to make this happen!

If you have a NDP or Liberals MP, it is especially important for you to call him/her to politely confront his/her party line, especially the back benchers.
    Send a paper letter, typed and hand signed which gets more attention. it can be PDF's as an email, also faxes Local stores have a fax if you dont and this comes out as paper copy and mail the original . Result is in many cased linked to the effort and presentation made

Just called Burlington Ontario MP...ended up speaking with an aid that argued the merits of C71 and finally admitted it does not do anything for gangs and guns violence reduction. Took my name and postal code though and ensured me many Burlington residents have voiced same concerns......

I CALLED and emailed my local Liberal MP. The office answered and they were polite but provided no real answers. I explained they promised to be transparent and they asked to email my technical questions. They responded received and promised to look up and answer me, I will post my correspondence with them and I will CALL to follow up. Lets all do it.

" As your questions are a bit more technical than I can answer, I have put in a request for further information on your specific questions. This may take a few days, but I will be sure to follow up if I do not receive a response by the end of the week. I apologize that I do not have the information readily available, but understand its importance and will do my best to get this for you.

If you think of anything else in the meantime please let me know."
    MD Charlton Co.
    Sig Sauer Master Distributor and Canadian Warranty Center

Just want to say TY too all who continue to call, write, email, yell out your window. It all helps!
    Fight the good fight!
    LEST WE FORGET
    I Will Not Seal My Fate Without a Fight, If You See Me Running, I Run To The Front.
    Member of NFA CCFR CSSA NRA DTOM CATI LEFTY MAFIA

We do not have an MP. Brison jumped ship before the current Liberal sh!t-show began....

:-(
    Blaming guns for gun crime is like blaming spoons for Rosie O'Donnell being fat...

Quote Originally Posted by DueyR View Post
    We do not have an MP. Brison jumped ship before the current Liberal sh!t-show began....

Your a shoe in! GY6 Where do I donate.
    LEST WE FORGET
    I Will Not Seal My Fate Without a Fight, If You See Me Running, I Run To The Front.
    Member of NFA CCFR CSSA NRA DTOM CATI LEFTY MAFIA

CGN frequent flyer chopperbubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DueyR View Post

A bit OT, but it’s absolutely appalling that the sleaze bag got off, (along with Vance, Wernick and Butts) for dragging an honourable man through the mud like that. There’s a special place waiting for them.
    Last edited by chopperbubba; 05-29-2019 at 03:29 PM.