Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 467891011121314

Thread: Call Your MP about the Liberals Secret Gun Plan ( Ban ) Now

Quote Originally Posted by cdndfs View Post
    I am honestly sick of treating these people with respect. I wrote to both Trudeau and Blair, (not for the first time) CCing my MP (NDP), whom i've written independently of this stuff in the past. I told them they had been deceptive from the start with regards to this process. I told Blair he was a failed police chief shifting the responsibility for gang shootings in Toronto onto firearms owners that comply with every law. I also told them I've never donated to a political campaign but will be donating as much as I am able to their opponents this year. This whole thing has been a sham from the start. Whether my transfers go through or not, and whatever happens on Monday, I am truly pissed now.

I don't understand why moderates and conservatives are so lackadaisical. The left is assaulting our "freedoms" (quotes because our Charter of Rights and Freedoms is so weak) on every front, whether on gun policy, how we raise our children, or on social/economic policies. They are loud and visible and effective. We do nothing.

Every damned gun store and gun club in this country should be offering membership to the NFA, CCFR, or CSSA. Pick one, I don't care. At a minimum people will be kept informed and notified on the various calls to action. There should be discounted membership available with every gun or ammunition purchase until we get our pathetic numbers up. They don't have to get in people's faces advocating for their preference of org, but they should be doing something to help as their livelihoods are at stake. If handguns and restricteds like the AR are banned, a lot of gun stores will go under imo. Without new members, the ranges will eventually close. I'm pretty convinced that people that buy restricted weapons buy far more in general than those that just buy hunting rifles and shotguns. We spend more on ammo because we shoot a lot more. We spend more on optics. We spend more on accessories and aftermarket parts. I've basically bought 1 gun a month since I got my license. I doubt that I am unusual.

It's too late for C-71 and whatever will happen on Monday, but i hope to hell this is a wake-up call for people and that we all get active for the election. every donation should be tied to what the CPC will do on firearms. I for one am a single issue voter. That the progressives are completely insane on every other front makes my choice easy, but for the purpose of garnering donations from me for elections, I am single issue so that it's crystal clear.
    This is a fantastic post.

I sent an email to my MP (Conservative) in my riding and got this reply back.

"Hello XXXXX,

Thank you for your email of May 28, 2019 regarding the AR-15 and Bill C-71. I do appreciate hearing from you.

Be assured, under the leadership of Andrew Scheer, a Conservative government will repeal the Liberals ineffective gun legislation and replace it with a law that targets criminals, protects Canadians and respects law abiding firearms owners.

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this with you further. In the meantime I would be pleased to forward your email on to my colleague, Pierre Paul Hus, the Shadow Minister for Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness.

Please confirm I have your permission to do so."

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by cdndfs View Post
    I am honestly sick of treating these people with respect. I wrote to both Trudeau and Blair, (not for the first time) CCing my MP (NDP), whom i've written independently of this stuff in the past. I told them they had been deceptive from the start with regards to this process. I told Blair he was a failed police chief shifting the responsibility for gang shootings in Toronto onto firearms owners that comply with every law. I also told them I've never donated to a political campaign but will be donating as much as I am able to their opponents this year. This whole thing has been a sham from the start. Whether my transfers go through or not, and whatever happens on Monday, I am truly pissed now.

I don't understand why moderates and conservatives are so lackadaisical. The left is assaulting our "freedoms" (quotes because our Charter of Rights and Freedoms is so weak) on every front, whether on gun policy, how we raise our children, or on social/economic policies. They are loud and visible and effective. We do nothing.

Every damned gun store and gun club in this country should be offering membership to the NFA, CCFR, or CSSA. Pick one, I don't care. At a minimum people will be kept informed and notified on the various calls to action. There should be discounted membership available with every gun or ammunition purchase until we get our pathetic numbers up. They don't have to get in people's faces advocating for their preference of org, but they should be doing something to help as their livelihoods are at stake. If handguns and restricteds like the AR are banned, a lot of gun stores will go under imo. Without new members, the ranges will eventually close. I'm pretty convinced that people that buy restricted weapons buy far more in general than those that just buy hunting rifles and shotguns. We spend more on ammo because we shoot a lot more. We spend more on optics. We spend more on accessories and aftermarket parts. I've basically bought 1 gun a month since I got my license. I doubt that I am unusual.

It's too late for C-71 and whatever will happen on Monday, but i hope to hell this is a wake-up call for people and that we all get active for the election. every donation should be tied to what the CPC will do on firearms. I for one am a single issue voter. That the progressives are completely insane on every other front makes my choice easy, but for the purpose of garnering donations from me for elections, I am single issue so that it's crystal clear.
    An Excellent post and to provide you and others with more "ammunition" The CBC report from May 2019 with guns coming across the boarder as criminals just thumb their noses at the vast majority of Canadians

How guns are getting across the border | Guns in Canada
    CBC News: The National
    Published on May 8, 2019
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdDdm-PkhZ4

This is what real life looks like and why more of the same only proves to be feckless and ineffective the criminals and the crazies. As a firearms owner I have always understood what it is like to be black and living in the Southern US 150 years ago. I am tired of being the governments "porch monkey" sitting on the porch eating watermelon, waiting for darkness so I can go out and find something to steal. That is not who colored people, immigrants and other minorities are and that is not who you and I are as firearms owners

Speaking on that, CBSA better check those containers of garbage from the Philippines when they get here!

https://youtu.be/QSQpJmNtVf0
    https://youtu.be/QSQpJmNtVf0
    LEST WE FORGET
    I Will Not Seal My Fate Without a Fight, If You See Me Running, I Run To The Front.
    Member of NFA CCFR CSSA NRA DTOM CATI LEFTY MAFIA

I emailed my MP, Blair and Junior. The only response has been from the MP staff saying that they will forward my comments.

Not holding my breath.

I know my new MP is a solid gun guy: I spoke to him for quite a while at the local gun show earlier in the fall. He even took me over to one of the vendor tables and showed me the gun he wants to buy. Seems like nice dude.

Not sure if its been mentioned.... but an easy way to reach your MP is just go to the anti gun website and click on "contact your MP" option.

ht tps://www.triggerchange.ca/#how-to-act[/url]

It even has a template that you can easily change all their anti BS ..... easy.

Have fun
    Last edited by BangAndBoom; 05-08-2020 at 03:17 AM.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 467891011121314