Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: latest upper/lower Mystery box ... contents revealed?

Quote Originally Posted by IvarTheBoneless View Post
    So I think the mystery had been solved
    Does anyone have experience with the NEA/BCL receiver set? How much of a difference is having a receiver built from 6061 t6 aluminum have compared to milspec 7075 t6? Will it matter if one adds a decent BCG and barrel?
    Did I panic buy a registered paper weight? LOL
    Nah, it doesn't matter. For all the grief that many throw out because of NEA's past transgressions most of it are the results of butt hurt and knee jerk reactions.

I had one of those Z marked receivers a few years ago, and it was fine. I'm sure this BCL batch is fine too.
    “The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves.”

Has anybody in Ontario gotten a shipping notice yet? Ordered on the 28th and still nothing for me.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by SeamusMac View Post
    Has anyone received their lowers or sets yet? Interested to hear what people are getting.
    About a month ago I got a MRA 10.5" match grade barrel and free float handguard, all magpul furniture. Retail price of all the parts if ordered off their website was north of 1500$. It literally wouldnt matter whose receiver set you got, its an incredible value.

To the guy who got fired as a client, you cant chirp these guys on quality and then wonder why they decide you arent worth the hassle. You were buying a mystery. If you dont have the stomach for it then buy the parts box and bring your own receiver.

Im sure if you kust wait until they have more boxes you can quietly buy one and they will ship it. The only thing getting in the way between you and a truly amazing deal from an outstanding company, is you.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer yomomma's Avatar
    So I think the mystery had been solved
    Does anyone have experience with the NEA/BCL receiver set? How much of a difference is having a receiver built from 6061 t6 aluminum have compared to milspec 7075 t6? Will it matter if one adds a decent BCG and barrel?
    Did I panic buy a registered paper weight? LOL
    The way i look at it...if you plan to shoot it occasionally/recreationally 6061 should be fine. If you plan on abusing it like the military then you'd want 7075 .

The money you spent was for insurance.
    https://youtube.com/c/YomommasWildlands

That's a good way of putting it. Yes, I did buy it for insurance. I guess my question is more to decide whether or not I should bother putting a rifle together with it or if I should hold off an buy a better receiver and start building off of that. I don't feel buyer's remorse, more trying to decide what to do now.

I have had a rifle built on a NEA upper and lower for more than 2 years, 5K+ rounds through it with no issues.
    Just do it, do not over think it.
    "If you teach your kids how to shoot, when to shoot, what to shoot, and where to shoot, freedom will easily be maintained." - Erin Canales

That's a good way of putting it. Yes, I did buy it for insurance. I guess my question is more to decide whether or not I should bother putting a rifle together with it or if I should hold off an buy a better receiver and start building off of that. I don't feel buyer's remorse, more trying to decide what to do now.
    I have a NEA lower, lowers are being 3d printed out of plastic nowadays, so the lower should not be an issue. My mystery upper is enroute. Ill slowly be picking up parts. To be honest mine probably wont see more than 1-2k in its (my) lifetime.

It will outlast me.

Nice! Hope you're upper is better than expected. I heard that some people have had issues with fitting LAR 15 mags in the NEA lower. Mind my asking if you've rver tried?

CGN frequent flyer
    My first AR build was on a NEA/BCL receiver set matched with the cheapest BCG and 7.5" barrel I could find. No problems with LAR or PMAG and it's run fine for 500 rounds. It's not my match rifle so it doesn't get a lot of range time.

Nice! Hope you're upper is better than expected. I heard that some people have had issues with fitting LAR 15 mags in the NEA lower. Mind my asking if you've rver tried?
    I think a lot of issues were with their first generation stuff. I dont mind tinkering with stuff to make it work...