Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 689101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: latest upper/lower Mystery box ... contents revealed?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer yomomma's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryF View Post
    Whats the hole above mag release hole? Spare trigger pin hole? Or optional round trigger pin hole for those with round trigger pins?
    Ambi mag release...
    https://youtube.com/c/YomommasWildlands

Quote Originally Posted by yomomma View Post
    Ambi mag release...
    Ambi BOLT release !

Quote Originally Posted by Kamikaze11 View Post
    Ambi BOLT release !
    Ooops....

Anybody have any ideas as to how to unf@¢% the trigger holes and the threading for those that are less than mechanically inclined?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MJS View Post
    Got mine yesterday,finish is a little rough(I was expecting that given BCL’s past stuff,had some issues with the grip screw not being fully threaded,but Luckily I’m equipped to deal with that myself.

Overall I’m fine with it,TNA busted their asses to get these into the public’s hands, and I still have a functioning AR all built with spare parts for under $500 so I’m happy.

Now time to break out the rattle can and start blasting through all that Norinco 5.56 I have
    Yup lets see how true the grip screw is, last time I just forced the screw in and used washers. Maybe i'll go grab a tap die set but throwing more money at NEA/BCL project is a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by IvarTheBoneless View Post
    Anybody have any ideas as to how to unf@¢% the trigger holes and the threading for those that are less than mechanically inclined?
    The trigger pin holes are likely just fine and won’t have any negative effect,but you could run KNS anti walk pins if your concerned(would also cover up those chatter marks)

The threading on your grip screw I’m assuming your talking about? It’s a 1/4”x28 threaded hole,so get a bottoming tap and use it to clean up the threads.

I also use a 3/4” bolt as opposed to the regular 1” that comes with most LPK and it works just fine.

It’s often tumbling media caught in the threads that mess it up.but this time the lower wasn’t threaded deep enough to take any of the hardware I had on hand,so out came the tap.
    It's not that I'm new to this....I'm just an idiot...

Once Proud member of the NFA.now disgruntled and disillusioned and confused.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiKhaos View Post
    Yup lets see how true the grip screw is, last time I just forced the screw in and used washers. Maybe i'll go grab a tap die set but throwing more money at NEA/BCL project is a waste.

I work on motorcycles pretty frequently so a tap and die set was close by and took 10 minutes to do,you can even get a Canadian fire brand set for like 25 bucks.

Handy to have regardless.
    It's not that I'm new to this....I'm just an idiot...

Once Proud member of the NFA.now disgruntled and disillusioned and confused.

Quote Originally Posted by IvarTheBoneless View Post
    Your location would be nice....i mean IF a fellow nutter was going to offer to chase those threads for you for the cost of a beer or coffee...one would need to know your location

Got mine today and got the lower parts kit installed with no issues. Love the ambi bolt release and glad they gave the parts needed for it!

Or a case of 6 full PBRs even? I don't know if any nutters are near Orleans Ontario though.