Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: latest upper/lower Mystery box ... contents revealed?

CGN frequent flyer thegrandpoohbah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntv69 View Post
    I think this is a stupid idea, love TNA, just like to know what I'm buying.
    Well, it looks like 375 other people didn't care as much. I was planning to pick one up too for my wife but was too slow to make up my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntv69 View Post
    I think this is a stupid idea, love TNA, just like to know what I'm buying.
    If you knew it would cost you more than 170$ lol

If you are picky about the name on the side of your budget ban scare lower, just walk away. I guess you should have been more aware of your surroundings and made this purchase earlier when you had the ability to be picky. I know people who were panic buying last year! I've been spending every spare penny on gun stuff since December, just because of C-71.

People should be thanking TNA for this opportunity.

I bought a tna mystery box. Ended up with a 11in 223 wylde ar. Pretty happy with the parts and their value to the cost of the box.

It was an Andersen upper and lower
    Last edited by RedApe; 05-29-2019 at 10:21 AM.

Thanks TNA! I grabbed one of these. I already have an AR but was on the fence about another. When I saw this deal I jumped on it. For what it's worth I used a NEA upper and lower for my first AR build with no previous experience. I had zero issues with them. Can't wait to see what is in the box!

BTW, love the funny emails from these guys.......

Quote Originally Posted by Wal-Mart Greeter View Post
    If you knew it would cost you more than 170$ lol

If you are picky about the name on the side of your budget ban scare lower, just walk away. I guess you should have been more aware of your surroundings and made this purchase earlier when you had the ability to be picky. I know people who were panic buying last year! I've been spending every spare penny on gun stuff since December, just because of C-71.

People should be thanking TNA for this opportunity.

Haha Im ok I picked up Aero and a Spikes lower to go with my Noveske lower build i did last year.

I'd like to say I'm surprised that some guys actually gave them a hard time about the mystery box, but I'm not surprised at all. I just paid like $130 for an Anderson lower, which is about right for what it is. For a few extra dollars, anybody who wanted a complete stripped set could get one through TNA. Obviously it's not going to be a Colt set or some other top end manufacturer, but it's a freaking dirt cheap upper and lower in your hands before (maybe) you can't get them anymore. I know TNA is in it to make money, but I think they deserve props for making an extra effort to get as many lower receivers out the door as possible. Be grateful for this opportunity.
    "We are not the kind of country where politicians get to tell the police what to do in operational matters" - Trudeau in Munich, February 17 2020...

CF, CCFR, CSSA, NFA, JP, AF&AM

Yes, people need to chill a bit. Most wouldn't know the difference between lowers if they were not marked lol.
    I got a mystery box for a complete 300 BLK and it has an AM lower. Awesome deal.
    When freedom is outlawed, only outlaws will be free.

Beggars can’t be choosers, be lucky if you got one. Not like we didn’t get warning ahead of time.

I got 6 lowers a year ago, and transferred them all to people that didn’t have a registered AR

CGN Regular
    First, thank you TNA!

For those who are possibly unhappy with their purchase, maybe this could change your mind.

In the event these receiver sets ended up being NEA/BLC :

1. Cheap insurance! You're getting grandfathered for 170$! From there, you could just skip reading #2,3,4 and be happy.
    2. 170$ for a receiver set is pretty cheap even for NEA/BCL.
    3. NEA/BLC stuff may not be top shelf, but it's definitely decent. I own 3 of these and never had an issue.
    4. NEA/BLC stuff is cerakoted. TNA advertised "Mil-spec hard black anodized" sets so the Mystery Box is either not NEA/BLC or it's NEA/BCL raw sets that were anodized (better than the usual cerakoted stuff if you ask me).

Once again, thank you TNA!

Quote Originally Posted by danzMtl View Post
    For my knowledge (might be mistaking) People were having issues putting uppers on NEA lowers because they were not Mil Spec.
    On the mistery box TNA mentioned “Mil-spec hard black anodized”

If thats the case i will grab a set!
    NEA uppers work, just expect to do some hand fitting with a dremel, lol. Also don't use any type of non gun solvent to clean them...I made the mistake of using brake cleaner to degrease a really dirty AR and it stripped the finish right off my NEA upper, down to the bare aluminium.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast