Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141517 ... LastLast

Thread: latest upper/lower Mystery box ... contents revealed?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scotty454's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wal-Mart Greeter View Post
    I honestly can't even understand what you wrote. Why is this thread full of non-English speakers?
    Lol I don't think you'd make the best Wal-Mart greeter. Bit of a tw@t.

Let Freedom Ring With a Shotgun Blast!

Quote Originally Posted by neoconfection View Post
    IMO so long as the lower is in spec, the roll mark doesn't really matter. My $100 Aero Precision and poverty pony (Anderson) lowers have always been in spec. I've never had a problem matching them to any upper, with the exception of NEA, but that's the lower's fault in that case. lol
    "Poverty Pony" hahaha. I have an Anderson set for my next build and the finish seems decent......And now i will be calling it the poverty pony!

As long as quality parts fit in the receiver set I am happy.
    Last edited by blkmrkt; 05-30-2019 at 12:09 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer griffin86's Avatar
    More receiver sets are in stock. Plus PSA receivers have been added.
    CGN Weekly Schedule
    Monday: Can't access the EE! Tuesday: Non-restricted rifles like AR-15? Wednesday: Difference between 223 and 556? Thursday: 9 or 45? Friday: Bear Defense thread Saturday: Why is this prohibited? Sunday: Zombie thread

Quote Originally Posted by griffin86 View Post
    More receiver sets are in stock. Plus PSA receivers have been added.
    As of now, there are less than 10 mystery sets left.
    “The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves.”

Quote Originally Posted by snipersyn View Post
    \

Too early. My order only changed to "processing" this morning. The TNA crew sent out an email update on how they're all hands-on-deck entering data to the RCMP.

But to answer your question, a previous reply mentioned Anderson MFG, which is a possibility.
    I believe that was my reply lol. I’d be stoked with an AM-15 set.

CGN frequent flyer
    Got the last one. Still Some PSA ones in stock Got one of those as well. -
    Take someone shooting - Encourage someone to get a Pal/ RPal

Snagged a PSA Upper/Mystery lower combo as a gift for my.old man. Cant wait to see what it is especially at that price.

CGN Regular
    I bought a mystery combo. Not really bothered what brand it turns out to be. I have a fully functional build done with an AP lower and upper. I just wanted to have another set on hand and do my bit to swell the ranks of registered paper weights. Still hope it's a good set, no matter what logo is on it.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomLew View Post
    I had some really bad experiences from NEA, DA and Dlask Arms. Bad tolerance QC, I even cannot install CH or BUIS on some uppers. I know for this cheap mystery box I shouldn't have too much expectation. But really don't want to get something out of specs. I think this make sense right? Why some of you so mean? I never asked TNA for the brand name! I know they can not reveal it. I asked quality. Yes I should more specific about this, and also I misunderstood the reply thought the PSA release is the same thing about this mystery box revealing.

Yes, Life is short, I also don't want to spend time to make out of spec receiver in spec by hand. Their info@ didn't want to spend a little time to make customer's life easier but just want to make themselves feel good. Smell trouble then skip, this is how they do the job of customer service, great!
    I think you’re missing the point of these receivers. They’re geared towards people like myself who just want the legal part of an AR-15 Incase we get grandfathered.
    Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which hold forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Quote Originally Posted by sspike View Post
    I bought a mystery combo. Not really bothered what brand it turns out to be. I have a fully functional build done with an AP lower and upper. I just wanted to have another set on hand and do my bit to swell the ranks of registered paper weights. Still hope it's a good set, no matter what logo is on it.
    I just love the idea of all these new registrations which is why, I too took a couple of numbers just to wait in line to spite the govt. Let's hope this doesn't work against us. As for quality, I have no worries because TNA has been awesome in their customer service and products thus far.

When I buy stuff at a certain price point I know full well that there might be a chance that there might be a bit of fitting involved but that never scared me because of my tool and die background. Having said that, I have been fairly lucky even with the three BCL upper and lower combo set I bought last year from SFRC. I mic'ed the lowers and uppers when I received everything and to my surprised everything is in perfect mil spec down to 100 thousandths. For $79 for an upper and lower combo with take down pins, who care if it is a little out of spec. Even at $170, it is still worth the risk. The way I see it is that the odds getting lucky with a perfectly spec'ed set is much better than going to Bingo on single women night with free drinks for gals over 55. My kinda night, btw. So if BCL is the red Herron then whatever TNA offers at $170 (and we know it is not a BCL) then I have all the confidence in the world in them. OP should have accessed the situation and let TNA do their job which is not to baby unrealistic concerns and register as many lowers as possible.