Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1012131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: latest upper/lower Mystery box ... contents revealed?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scotty454's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by halv18 View Post
    Does anyone have any experience with those polymer uppers? I shied away from it just like the liberals do... don’t understand it therefore it’s evil.
    POLYMER upper... So the barrel nuts threads onto... Polymer threads?? No way. Or is there a metal insert of some kind? Seems sketchy. Lol.

Let Freedom Ring With a Shotgun Blast!

Business Member True North Arms Corp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty454 View Post
    POLYMER upper... So the barrel nuts threads onto... Polymer threads?? No way. Or is there a metal insert of some kind? Seems sketchy. Lol.
    Yes there is a metal insert.
    True North Arms Corp.
    Website truenortharms.com
    Email info@truenortharms.com
    Instagram truenortharms

Purchased On May 27th, approved on June 13, but no word from TNA. also is a BCL-15.

CGN frequent flyer
    Called today and was approved a day ago. She let it slip that my mystery was a BCL and my palmetto state was also approved. No word from TNA on shipping.
    Take someone shooting - Encourage someone to get a Pal/ RPal

Mine got delivered today. Thanks TNA!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    Already have the registration cert for the PSA coming in next month
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

I'm going to honest here. I just received my order, and yes it's a BCL set. And I'm very disappointed. In terms of finish, this BCL set takes the cake. Machine and tool marks on the trigger guard, holes look like they were drilled by monkeys and overall just an ugly, ugly receiver set. Worse than the Z marked NEA lower I had before. Regrettably, I know for a fact, that had I known the quality would be this sub par, I would have never gone ahead with buying a set. I really wanted to give it a shot and given my fair share of ARs already, this is one I can do without.
    “The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves.”

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty454 View Post
    I had a Bushmaster Carbon 15 way back before they got bought out by Remington. Not all compatible with an AR. That was all polymer as well, with steel inserts for the barrel nut. The buffer tube was moulded into the upper and the sliding stick was completely removable to function as a pistol.
    I miss it, should not have sold it. 4 pounds of awesomeness.
    "If you teach your kids how to shoot, when to shoot, what to shoot, and where to shoot, freedom will easily be maintained." - Erin Canales

Business Member True North Arms Corp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snipersyn View Post
    I'm going to honest here. I just received my order, and yes it's a BCL set. And I'm very disappointed. In terms of finish, this BCL set takes the cake. Machine and tool marks on the trigger guard, holes look like they were drilled by monkeys and overall just an ugly, ugly receiver set. Worse than the Z marked NEA lower I had before. Regrettably, I know for a fact, that had I known the quality would be this sub par, I would have never gone ahead with buying a set. I really wanted to give it a shot and given my fair share of ARs already, this is one I can do without.
    Sorry to read you're disappointed,

If you want to return it for a full refund that's fine. I see you're in Mississauga, I could pick it up next time I'm in the area (frequently).

Send us an email/PM or post an order # if you want to discuss further.
    True North Arms Corp.
    Website truenortharms.com
    Email info@truenortharms.com
    Instagram truenortharms

Quote Originally Posted by snipersyn View Post
    If you are not happy Sell it to someone who needs one. I'm sure it would be a quick sale! For $200 with taxes and shipping in I wasn't expecting a high end product. Just a good excuse to build another gun and give the big FU to the drama teacher.

On a side note I have worked in the machining industry for over 20 years and I really have no idea how they chamfer holes that poorly. I can see the machine marks being left behind as that takes time to clean up, but achieving a nice chamfer especially in aluminum is not a hard task to complete.

Anyway....Thanks for supporting the cause TNA!