Hayya Korth.........Question???

Finally...…..#3 ring showed it's face today.
Got it mounted.
Looky mewcho better.
No range details yet.

Oh, new Hornady brass needs to be resized and the necks chamfered.
Tried loading up some 180's to see how the elevation differed from the 200's & 250's.
Gave me some loading grief.
Take'im apart and run'im thru the sizing die and tool the mouth.
We'll see how this Hawkeye compares to the old BLR for bullet placemint.

5zKIChv.jpg

I just cringed so hard reading this. surely this mustve taken significantly more time and effort than typing it out normally

Sorry for the delay on responding back.
Finally managed to git me arse in the gun rewm and set the scope back awn the Hawkeye.
Bore sight gave me I think the same spot on the mating + hairs.
So a question to you Korth, do you center the repaired scope or leaf the settings as you
received said scope?

Oh, can you s'plain these photos for me...…...svp………?

n1NbnWN.jpg

fcQlGvR.jpg

Thanks

I was going to mount the VX-2, but cripes, that gal is shiny.
Went thru the pile again and found a VXII in matte.
So on it went.

Sure great when things fall together too easy.
Mounted the rings, clamped a 1" stainless bar in the rings and tightened things up a bit.
Then tightened the base screws.
Put the scope on there and set the + hairs.
Tightened the rings down.
Install the bore sight and made two windage marks and down a few for elevation.

Just that easy.

Thanks for the info Korth.

I wonder if I could move the #4 front ring to the back to replace the #5 and get a #3 for the front?
Scope sits a tad high for my liking.
Cheek weld is good.

Photos coming.

Forever entertaining ! ows Flow?

Sorry for the delay on responding back.
Finally managed to git me arse in the gun rewm and set the scope back awn the Hawkeye.
Bore sight gave me I think the same spot on the mating + hairs.
So a question to you Korth, do you center the repaired scope or leaf the settings as you
received said scope?

Oh, can you s'plain these photos for me...…...svp………?

n1NbnWN.jpg

fcQlGvR.jpg

Thanks

When we receive a scope, we verify the internal function on an optical columnator; this will allow us to check the diopter, parallax, and that the erector system is moving correctly.

The top reticle listing 5 right and 4 down - these are the adjustments from optical zero your scope was set at to be zeroed on your rifle (we assume). To re-zero, you should be able to dial right 5 clicks, and down 4 to be back at your zero. This assumes all torque values are the same on your mounts.

The bottom reticle on the print out indicates the total movement up, down, right, and left of optical zero.

Let us know if you have any other questions,
KGL

When we receive a scope, we verify the internal function on an optical columnator; this will allow us to check the diopter, parallax, and that the erector system is moving correctly.

The top reticle listing 5 right and 4 down - these are the adjustments from optical zero your scope was set at to be zeroed on your rifle (we assume). To re-zero, you should be able to dial right 5 clicks, and down 4 to be back at your zero. This assumes all torque values are the same on your mounts.

The bottom reticle on the print out indicates the total movement up, down, right, and left of optical zero.

Let us know if you have any other questions,
KGL

Now looky das one mowful. Tayk nots, maskin quession laytor

I suspect you did your checks, made your corrections and once you
completed your corrections and adjustments you set the scope windage
and elevation back to how you received the scope?
If so, it is dang near on the $$
Range trip should clear things up.

Thanks for the quick and timely return of my scope.

I suspect you did your checks, made your corrections and once you
completed your corrections and adjustments you set the scope windage
and elevation back to how you received the scope?
If so, it is dang near on the $$
Range trip should clear things up.

Thanks for the quick and timely return of my scope.

We leave the scope optically zeroed, as there are too many variables with mounting to ensure an exact return to zero. You can, however, use the number of clicks listed on top graph we sent you to get close to your zero.

KGL

Good to know.
I left it at yer zero.
Will check windage @ 25 yards.
Then owt tuh ‘undritz and see wtf it duzz.

Thanks

We leave the scope optically zeroed, as there are too many variables with mounting to ensure an exact return to zero. You can, however, use the number of clicks listed on top graph we sent you to get close to your zero.

KGL

Back
Top Bottom