CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Thread: time frame

CGN Ultra frequent flyer wayupnorth's Avatar

time frame

I've purchased a couple pistols from you guys over the last couple years.
    was wondering what you guys aim for for a time frame for the different steps of fulfillment of a pistol sale?
    like do you guys have a benchmark of trying to get sales to the CFO within 24 hours or 3 days?????
    just curious.
    i know where i live the CFO is hella fast, usually 1 day if that.
    so when i start hitting 4 work days and haven't received a tracking number i start to wonder about stuff like this.
    i'm not criticizing, i'm just curious.
    i don't care if it takes a couple days to get the ball rolling if i know up front.
    if i know up front that it may take 5-7 business days for the paperwork to hit the CFO then i can map out stuff in my head about when my new toy will arrive.
    if i don't know then i have to sit on forums like this and poke bears.....
    Things either are what they appear to be;
    or they neither are, nor appear to be;
    or they are, and do not appear to be;
    or they are not, and yet appear to be.

So, here it is.

I purchased a pistol from you guys and then as luck would have it Northern Alberta began to burn.
    Needless to say I have been very busy last week or so.
    I finally have a day off and am catching up on home stuff and i thought about this pistol I purchased from you guys.
    It has been 8 days since i purchased this and I was expecting it to be in my hot little hands already, historically speaking the timeline for the Alberta CFO to clear a purchase then for it to make it to my remote location is about a week.
    Again, we are at 8 days and nothing.
    I called the CFO thinking that maybe something was missing and they had sent me a letter requesting something, like they have done before.
    After waiting on hold for 42 minutes i got through and asked them to pull up this transfer and see if anything was missing on my end.
    I was surprised when the lady informed me that no transfer has been initiated from Rampart to me.

You sent a email stating the Glock 48 was in stock and for sale at 4:29pm May 23.
    I purchased one at 5:00pm May 23.
    Confirmation of order email from you guys at 5:05pm May 23.
    Hold on my CC was instant.
    Purchase went through beginning of this week.

So I'm sitting here wondering why the transfer has not even been started?
    again, this is not a snot-a-gram I understand if you guys are swamped right now but I don't know what is going on as I don't know what your time lines for sales are.

I do not recall my last purchase being this long.

I purchased on May 23rd and on May 29th received an email saying transfer was initiated with the cfo with a reference number.

Quote Originally Posted by wayupnorth View Post
    I've purchased a couple pistols from you guys over the last couple years.
    was wondering what you guys aim for for a time frame for the different steps of fulfillment of a pistol sale?
    like do you guys have a benchmark of trying to get sales to the CFO within 24 hours or 3 days?????
    just curious.
    i know where i live the CFO is hella fast, usually 1 day if that.
    so when i start hitting 4 work days and haven't received a tracking number i start to wonder about stuff like this.
    i'm not criticizing, i'm just curious.
    i don't care if it takes a couple days to get the ball rolling if i know up front.
    if i know up front that it may take 5-7 business days for the paperwork to hit the CFO then i can map out stuff in my head about when my new toy will arrive.
    if i don't know then i have to sit on forums like this and poke bears.....
    So, here it is.

I purchased a pistol from you guys and then as luck would have it Northern Alberta began to burn.
    Needless to say I have been very busy last week or so.
    I finally have a day off and am catching up on home stuff and i thought about this pistol I purchased from you guys.
    It has been 8 days since i purchased this and I was expecting it to be in my hot little hands already, historically speaking the timeline for the Alberta CFO to clear a purchase then for it to make it to my remote location is about a week.
    Again, we are at 8 days and nothing.
    I called the CFO thinking that maybe something was missing and they had sent me a letter requesting something, like they have done before.
    After waiting on hold for 42 minutes i got through and asked them to pull up this transfer and see if anything was missing on my end.
    I was surprised when the lady informed me that no transfer has been initiated from Rampart to me.

You sent a email stating the Glock 48 was in stock and for sale at 4:29pm May 23.
    I purchased one at 5:00pm May 23.
    Confirmation of order email from you guys at 5:05pm May 23.
    Hold on my CC was instant.
    Purchase went through beginning of this week.

So I'm sitting here wondering why the transfer has not even been started?
    again, this is not a snot-a-gram I understand if you guys are swamped right now but I don't know what is going on as I don't know what your time lines for sales are.

I do not recall my last purchase being this long.
    Hi wayupnorth! Sorry to hear about this.

We had a large number of firearms purchased the week of the 23rd with the G48release, and a large increase of purchases related to bill C-71.
    We also had our annual Range Day & Expo on the 28th which had most of the team out of the office the Friday, Monday and Tuesday.

We typically aim to have the transfer started in 1-2 business days assuming there are no issues with PAL information.

Our Firearms Team has been working extended hours to try and catch up on anything from the week of the 23rd was caught up by the 29th.

We apologize for the delays, and we will be returning to lead times of starting transfers within 1-2 business days shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampart_AlexW View Post
    Hi wayupnorth! Sorry to hear about this.

We had a large number of firearms purchased the week of the 23rd with the G48release, and a large increase of purchases related to bill C-71.
    We also had our annual Range Day & Expo on the 28th which had most of the team out of the office the Friday, Monday and Tuesday.

We typically aim to have the transfer started in 1-2 business days assuming there are no issues with PAL information.

Our Firearms Team has been working extended hours to try and catch up on anything from the week of the 23rd was caught up by the 29th.

We apologize for the delays, and we will be returning to lead times of starting transfers within 1-2 business days shortly.
    i kinda figured there was something going on in the background!
    now that i know im totally cool with it.
    its always the not knowing that gets me steaming.

wait a sec.... you said you guys got caught up on the 29th?
    i called the CFO on the 31st and they hadnt gotten my stuff yet..... Ruh Oh!
    i better give you guys a call!

i kinda figured there was something going on in the background!
    now that i know im totally cool with it.
    its always the not knowing that gets me steaming.

wait a sec.... you said you guys got caught up on the 29th?
    i called the CFO on the 31st and they hadnt gotten my stuff yet..... Ruh Oh!
    i better give you guys a call!
    Might be a good idea! Our customer service team can be reached at 855-729-0446.

20 seconds into the phone call problem was figured out.
    the email from Rampart was sent to my SPAM folder.

so lets blame Google for this one people!

its strange that the newsletters make it through and receipts make it through and all other correspondence make it through but the email about submitting ID went to spam.

stupid technology!

I did not realize they had their Range Day & Expo on at the same time as the G48 became available. I also ordered on May 23 but have not seen any actual shipping information yet.

I did get the email with a reference number on May 29, received my transfer notification on May 30 and sent it to Rampart that day and got an email saying they are shipping ASAP on May 31.
    Working towards Ultra Frequent Flyer status at a glacial pace!

Just received mine today. Took 10 business days from the date the transfer was initiated.