Exclusive 18.6 Faxon .308 Win Big Gunner Barrels Now Available $399.99

ctcs

Expired Business Member
Business Member

EXCLUSIVE PRODUCTION FOR CANADA - NON-RESTRICTED .308 Win BARRELS for Stag-10 and BCL-102

IN STOCK AND READY TO SHIP

Faxon's .308 continue our fantastic barrel-making with a bit more punch. We've updated our previous Medium-Taper profile taking into account customer feedback, optimizing the barrel to meet the Gunner brand's high standards.

The .308 Big Gunner profile barrels are the big-brother to our famous 5.56 Gunner barrels. The Big Gunners feature a medium-taper behind the gas block. The gas block journal is set to .750" for compatibility with most common gas blocks and 1.9" in length for long blocks or aftermarket piston kits. From the gas block journal forward we use a thinner taper, designed to reduce weight yet maintain rigidity for high rates of fire and as a suppressor host.

The Gunner barrels are ideal for any competition or duty use. When the seconds count, count on the Gunner profile.

• Barrel Material: 4150 QPQ
  • Barrel Type: Button Rifled
  • Barrel Caliber: .308 WIN
  • Barrel Twist: 1:10
  • Barrel Length: 18.6” (SPECIAL PRODUCTION RUN)
  • Barrel Profile: BIG GUNNER
  • Barrel Gas System: Rifle
  • Inside Finish: Salt Bath Nitride
  • Outside Finish: Salt Bath Nitride
  • Muzzle Thread: 5/8-24 TPI
  • Gas Block Diameter: .750"
  • Gas Block Journal Length: 1.9"
  • Barrel Extension: LR-308 (DPMS Compatible)
  • Weight: 2.24 lbs
  • Magnetic Particle Inspected!
  • 11-degree Target Crown

$399.99

I put my order in about an hour ago, along with a few other goodies. Will report on it once all is built.

The light weight sold me. Medium tape to gas block, then down to near pencil taper to muzzle. Only .2lbs heavier than a pencil barrel, but likely to handle modest volumes of fire far better than a pencil profile. We will see how it goes!

I am very interested, due to the last week panic sales and buying I am a bit short, do you do layaways?

Do you know if these head space properly with Brownells 308 BCG? If not, what recourse would a customer have should that not happen?

Furthermore, what is the advertised accuracy from Faxon? Any reviews or testing you folks can point to?

Last edited:
Do you know if these head space properly with Brownells 308 BCG? If not, what recourse would a customer have should that not happen?

I wanna know that too from someone that has this setup as i have the brownells bcg.

And are those barrels dimpled?

And would they work with a regular AR-15 rifle length gas tube or they need the ARMALITE rifle length gas tube?

Last edited:
I wanna know that too from someone that has

And would they work with a regular AR-15 rifle length gas tube or they need the ARMALITE rifle length gas tube?

I purchased two of these barrels and just waiting for shims before I install the barrels. I'm very interested to know if these take rifle length gas tubes or Armalite rifle length gas tubes. From what I understand the Armalite ones are impossible to find in Canada and almost impossible to import.

Standard gas tubes.

Put 150 rounds downrange, shoots well enough for me. I was using a 4x optic and made lots of hits at 500m with respectable groups for how poorly set up I was Haha.

Very happy with the purchase.

Does anyone know how the weight of this compares to the factory Stag .308 barrel?

You will save an entire pound. 3 lbs 3.2 oz original vs 2 lbs 2.8 oz for the Faxon. Very happy with mine so far. Keep in mind you might need an Armalite length gas tube. Mine worked just fine with the original tube though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom