Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Random screening

CGN Regular
    The metal detector you walk through decides.. there's a light on the top that flashes when you're ok, flashes and beeps when metal is detected, and flashes a different color when you're randomly selected by the machine.

tinfoil hats off guys

CGN Ultra frequent flyer btabin's Avatar
    Strange. Whenever I go to the airport with my ISIS t-shirt on, they always let me skip the line! Canada, eh?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by wjklassen View Post
    I got selected for random screening at the Calgary airport last Friday evening. I'm a tall, old, mostly bald, white-haired guy. I don't think they know the meaning of random; I didn't see any device that says, "Select the next person." I think it's just the security guard who decides. The next time it happens I'll ask.
    I travel a LOT

there are 2 kinds of "Random" search

1) before you go through the x-ray while waiting in security line. This is not "random". This is them picking suspicious actors.
    2) just after you go through metal detector. This is truly random. You will hear a different kind of Beep from the teleporter looking machine.. it is set at different intervals and selects that person for secondary screening

I think a few of you missed my joke but it's all good.

I too am a middle aged white guy but have been "randomly selected" at least 75-80% of the times I go through security. I have come to the conclusion that it is a form of reverse discrimination and I am "sacrificed" to balance the Stats.

X2, leaving or entering ?
    LEST WE FORGET
    I Will Not Seal My Fate Without a Fight, If You See Me Running, I Run To The Front.
    Member of NFA CCFR CSSA NRA DTOM CATI LEFTY MAFIA

Public awareness... we love it, here's another, this was one of our customers up and coming young lads on his way to school.

Name:  IRG.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  78.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Scotchline View Post
    I was just selected for "random screening" at Calgary airport... wonder why?

EDIT *** I am fully aware it is based on a random computer system in the metal detector. I just thought it was a funny coincidence.

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rajczak_kashka's Avatar
    Or maybe the CBSA officer has an order with IRG that has been delayed and is pissed like the rest of us 😜

CGN Regular
    My random search occurred before I entered the security area, at the door where they check your boarding pass. A minor inconvenience to add to all the other minor inconveniences since 9/11.

Entering

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast