CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: Colt Canada C20 SASS Uppers ( Colt CM901 upper )

  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    50
    Haha. That lower in the product photos was from a pre-production model and is the standard LE901 lower. It has since been redesigned to improve durability of some components. As for how I know, let's just say that I had the chance to ask the right people the right questions.

  2. #12
    GunNutz BlackVoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    1,827
    So Canada ignores 15+ years of experience from US and goes AR10 route.

    Why don't they adopt HK G28 from a get go?
    CCFR and CSSA member.

  3. #13
    CGN Regular CODFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    GTA
    Posts
    814
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt Hole View Post
    ... It has since been redesigned to improve durability of some components...
    Redesigned.... enough not to be an AR variant? Or still basically a LE901?
    BTC donations: 1Nk9M6t8nXpKuyd2ZKcyiUKXXQjJrEPoTE

  4. #14
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer r34skyline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,161
    Quote Originally Posted by CODFan View Post
    Redesigned.... enough not to be an AR variant? Or still basically a LE901?
    Up to the people in the firearms lab unfortunately.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackVoid View Post
    So Canada ignores 15+ years of experience from US and goes AR10 route.

    Why don't they adopt HK G28 from a get go?
    Why do we buy ancient f18s from australia?

  5. #15
    Super GunNutz Boltgun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,382
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost-04 View Post
    Now I'm curious. How did you get all those details? Like greentips, I was pretty damn sure this was more or less juat a Colt Canada-ized CM901. That lower doesn't appear any different than a standard 901, unless I'm missing some thing?
    this is bang on....the LE901 lower are going to be modified. Preproduction model in the photo.

    Boltgun
    1*

    DISRUPTING OODA LOOPS FOR THE HECK OF IT

  6. #16
    GunNutz BlackVoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    1,827
    Quote Originally Posted by r34skyline View Post
    Why do we buy ancient f18s from australia?
    Because military procurement in any country is corrupt to the point of looking incompetent?

    And Canada's woes are amplified by our social justice government?
    CCFR and CSSA member.

  7. #17
    Member Frost-04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt Hole View Post
    Haha. That lower in the product photos was from a pre-production model and is the standard LE901 lower. It has since been redesigned to improve durability of some components. As for how I know, let's just say that I had the chance to ask the right people the right questions.
    Interesting. So they're upgrading the lower and upper. Should be an interesting rifle by the end of full development.
    "Snakes don't belong in Alaska" - A Hind D,1998

  8. #18
    Super GunNutz Boltgun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,382
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost-04 View Post
    Interesting. So they're upgrading the lower and upper. Should be an interesting rifle by the end of full development.
    Upper is completely different upper.

    Boltgun
    1*

    DISRUPTING OODA LOOPS FOR THE HECK OF IT

  9. #19
    Member Frost-04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by Boltgun View Post
    Upper is completely different upper.

    Boltgun
    Understood. I meant, they've essentially taken Colt's CM901 concept and turned into a precision DMR. It's an interesting concept for now. Be interested in seeing how it ends up being fielded if adopted.
    "Snakes don't belong in Alaska" - A Hind D,1998

  10. #20
    Super GunNutz Boltgun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,382
    Yes your right....one thing I can say, is a company like CC likely doesn't do anything on a whim....there was likely a requirement that drove this. So if DND adopts it, time will tell....maybe the LE agencies out there may jump on it. Basically they took care of the 901 trying to be a caliber convertible gun and focused on making it a reliable as heck 7.62 rifle thats accurate. I would love one! but I doubt it will be cheap and I doubt it will be ready before a ban kicks in....it will be a restricted firearm though.

    Boltgun
    1*

    DISRUPTING OODA LOOPS FOR THE HECK OF IT

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •