Colt Canada C20 SASS Uppers ( Colt CM901 upper )

greentips

Administrator
Moderating Team
Rating - 100%
261   0   0
I know quite a few guys around here have Colt CM901 which is the basis of the Colt Canada C20 SASS. Irunguns sold a bunch of M901 lowers too but without uppers.

Perhaps you can get some uppers from Colt Canada? Won't mind rebuilding my CM901 from a rack grade rifle into a precision rig that supposedly shoots 0.66MOA if the claim by CC is true.

My third post ever on CGN was about wanting an LE901. I would be so in for any upper/lower of them that came in. Had they been available, they would have been my first purchase.

What's the deal with the C20 Rifle, anyone know if an FRT is pending? Non restricted C20 would be great...but I am probably delusional.

It is a colt CM901, with a Colt Canada Mlokerized upper. It is restricted.

It has a 5.56 adaptor kit to allow the use of a regular 5.56 upper on the lower, and to use regular 5.56 magazine.

Not on here much, but thought I would shed some light. The C20 is not a CM901. The Colt LE901 (semi-auto) provided the base platform for the design. From there, everything has been redesigned or modified. The C20 is completely parts interchangeable as with all Colt Canada products. No custom shop style blueprinting of parts. There are only a handful of components still based on the original LE901 design. Regarding precision, the .66MOA claim is based on the average of 144 five shot groups over the course of conducting an 8,000 round endurance test. Ammunition was 175gr Federal GMM. No trickery. No lucky, single five round group claims out of a new gun.

Not on here much, but thought I would shed some light. The C20 is not a CM901. The Colt LE901 (semi-auto) provided the base platform for the design. From there, everything has been redesigned or modified. The C20 is completely parts interchangeable as with all Colt Canada products. No custom shop style blueprinting of parts. There are only a handful of components still based on the original LE901 design. Regarding precision, the .66MOA claim is based on the average of 144 five shot groups over the course of conducting an 8,000 round endurance test. Ammunition was 175gr Federal GMM. No trickery. No lucky, single five round group claims out of a new gun.

Now I'm curious. How did you get all those details? Like greentips, I was pretty damn sure this was more or less juat a Colt Canada-ized CM901. That lower doesn't appear any different than a standard 901, unless I'm missing some thing?

Haha. That lower in the product photos was from a pre-production model and is the standard LE901 lower. It has since been redesigned to improve durability of some components. As for how I know, let's just say that I had the chance to ask the right people the right questions. ;)

Now I'm curious. How did you get all those details? Like greentips, I was pretty damn sure this was more or less juat a Colt Canada-ized CM901. That lower doesn't appear any different than a standard 901, unless I'm missing some thing?

this is bang on....the LE901 lower are going to be modified. Preproduction model in the photo.

Boltgun

Haha. That lower in the product photos was from a pre-production model and is the standard LE901 lower. It has since been redesigned to improve durability of some components. As for how I know, let's just say that I had the chance to ask the right people the right questions. ;)

Interesting. So they're upgrading the lower and upper. Should be an interesting rifle by the end of full development.

Yes your right....one thing I can say, is a company like CC likely doesn't do anything on a whim....there was likely a requirement that drove this. So if DND adopts it, time will tell....maybe the LE agencies out there may jump on it. Basically they took care of the 901 trying to be a caliber convertible gun and focused on making it a reliable as heck 7.62 rifle thats accurate. I would love one! but I doubt it will be cheap and I doubt it will be ready before a ban kicks in....it will be a restricted firearm though.

Boltgun

Back
Top Bottom