Thread: Vintage Remington Nylon 66

Vintage Remington Nylon 66

Just a quick question. I have a chance of getting a Nylon 66 from the mid 1960's. It can currently hold 14 rounds of 22LR ammo. Today's regs say maximum 5 rounds allowed. Would this gun be grandfathered or need to be modified to hold only 5 rounds? Thanks.

You are good to go with 14Rds for rim fire. I'm a random person on the internet so verify for yourself.

.22 rimfire rifles/carbines are okay to have magazines with 10+ capacity. .22 pistols/revolvers - 10 max.
    A buddy of mine had the Nylo-matic 66. I was underwhelmed by the build quality - and it was picky about ammo.

Okay good to know on both counts! Thanks for the quick response!

Thanks for getting back to me. I'll do some double checking.

CGN frequent flyer
    I also have a Remington Nylon 66, they’re fine as-is being that they’re rimfire. Keep in mind that Ruger 10/22’s have 10 round magazines and until the Ruger Charger ‘pistol’ came around we could buy 25, 50 or 100 round magazines for those. You can still buy 30 round magazines for a Remington 597 at Cabela’s Canada because there are no pistol variants of those firearms. You’re perfectly fine with 12 rounds in that Remington.