Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 57891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: ACTION:Feds look to clamp down on guns ‘designed to hunt people’

Quote Originally Posted by Kopanoak View Post
    The government needs to do something about these crazy incel misogynists that want to kill women. Perhaps that will
    take some of the pressure off us. Plus when JT mishandles the whole affair it will just provide more ammo for the Scheer camp.
    The van ramming attack that Tory and Trudeau ignored, and the shooting that became their bloody shirt of emotional rhetoric
    on gun control, were both lonely, spiteful misogynists. When did the truth ever stop a politician, though?

According to the expert's descriptions on a recent W5 episode, the Poly shooting in 1989 meets all the characteristics of an
    incel attack. For 30 years the government has been going after the wrong group of people. I wonder if Cukier is going to go
    after the incels instead of trying to figure out how to ban the mysterious Mini-14? Doubtful.
    Is this a serious post, or satire?
    Shameful world we live in when I actually need to ask these things.

Designed to hunt people, versus designed to hunt a torso size. Deer vs humans vs pigs etc. Arguable uses for all across the board.

LPC and RCMP have to right to decide what works and what doesn't. Every-body is formed differently, not all rifles fit "your" body the same. Calibre and stocks can change these things greatly as well.

Let's ban engines over a certain size, require speed limiters and alcohol breathalyzer systems. It will literally save more in a week than anything they propose for firearms

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Not sure why but this "you have 20 seconds to comply" scene comes to mind:

https://youtu.be/Hzlt7IbTp6M?t=88

From the "for-what-it's-worth-file": On a regular basis Deputy Ministers(DMs) from the various Federal Departments get together in Ottawa for breakfast to exchange policy notes. Although I am not privy to these discussions and this is third hand info, I did hear rumours within government that after the New Zealand shooting there was another gun control discussion among DMs and a decision was taken to ban ban semi autos AFTER THE ELECTION (assuming the governing Liberals were returned to power). Reason more to keep our ears open during the campaign and to question candidates on their intended post election actions in this matter.

As of July 4 2019, here is the latest I could find on the government's intentions. It confirms what I have heard through the grapevine that the Liberals intend to introduce additional measures AFTER the next election. Currently there is intense lobbying from Toronto area Liberal MP's to give cities the rigt to ban semi-autos. Check this out: https://www.rcinet.ca/en/2019/06/18/...plytocom=19730

Anti firearms ownership activist Nathalie Provost quits Federal firearms advisory committee in a huff. Yeah, with these activists if they can't get 100% of what they want they blow a fuse and make a public show of it. Nothing new here. But note the reaction of Scott Bardsley, a spokesman for Minister Goodale, "And we will seek a mandate from Canadians to strengthen public safety,"...so more bad stuff coming after the election.
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/nat...ttee-1.5213130

BANNED
    That activist had four bullet holes pumped into her by a whackjob. I think that entitles her to an opinion...

FF

Quote Originally Posted by comecon57 View Post
    Anti firearms ownership activist Nathalie Provost quits Federal firearms advisory committee in a huff. Yeah, with these activists if they can't get 100% of what they want they blow a fuse and make a public show of it. Nothing new here. But note the reaction of Scott Bardsley, a spokesman for Minister Goodale, "And we will seek a mandate from Canadians to strengthen public safety,"...so more bad stuff coming after the election.
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/nat...ttee-1.5213130

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bogusiii's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FyreFighter View Post
    That activist had four bullet holes pumped into her by a whackjob. I think that entitles her to an opinion...

FF
    An opinion sure, but not so far as to remove the rights of millions of legal gun owners based on that opinion, nor to select her own version of facts contrary to evidence.

Uber Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by FyreFighter View Post

FF
    And the only intelligent opinion after an experience like that would be advocating for increased means of self defence.
    "He who dares not offend, cannot be honest."
    - Thomas Paine

"Oppression maketh a wise man mad"

BANNED
    Tell you what, I'll shoot you four times - and at the same time kill your colleagues/classmates and see just how rational and concerned with the property rights of others you become.

Quote Originally Posted by bogusiii View Post
    An opinion sure, but not so far as to remove the rights of millions of legal gun owners based on that opinion, nor to select her own version of facts contrary to evidence.