Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: **1911 Gunsmith Kits*** on BLOWOUT now at Dlask Arms Corp.

**1911 Gunsmith Kits*** on BLOWOUT now at Dlask Arms Corp.

If you have ever wanted to build your very own TOP QUALITY 1911 pistol then we have a deal for you. For the next 7 days we will have our 1911 Gunsmith Kits on BLOWOUT for $650 + tax and shipping. These kits consist of : serialized frame (with rails cut and matched specifically to each slide), match grade barrel and finished slide in 416 stainless steel. All are Commander sized, Novak rear sight cut and 9mm caliber. Frames and slides start life as forgings, NOT billet.

If you buy a $5,000 USD custom pistol from one of the big U.S. boys they all start life with this exact same set, the quality simply cannot be beat.

Find them here on the website :

https://dlaskarms.com/product/premiu...commander-9mm/

NOTE : These are NOT 80% frames and require you to provide an RPAL and all of the other necessary information to purchase a Restricted firearm.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Do you have just the commander slide and barrel for sale?
    I have been looking for months and no one seems to carry any inventory.

cash in hand but have no need for a complete kit.
    please message me if you can..... I've tried emailing you guys but have never gotten a response.
    If I don't hear back I'll call and hopefully talk with Joe, he was always very good to me in the past.

BANNED
    NOTE : These are NOT 80% frames and require you to provide an RPAL and all of the other necessary information to purchase a Restricted firearm.

Darn it

This looks like a cool project. For a newb like me is this difficult or almost impossible to accomplish? And on the item description it states you can supply a parts kit to build the pistol, but I can't seem to find this option in your shop without trying to add piece by piece (which I am not all aware of). How much does the complete parts kit cost? Thanks
    CCFR and CSSA Member, and Libertarian at Heart

CGN Regular
    This info please ^^^^

Do you offer parts that need fitting or only drop in parts?
    If I’m gonna assemble a 1911 I want it to be top notch
    Sales are final and offers are valid for 24hrs.

This package is amazing, only wish it was 45acp not 9mm. Always wanted to do a 1911 built and these frames looks incredible.

CGN frequent flyer
    With a full parts kit I'd be interested, but having to chase down each bit individually would take a lot of work, especially for the obscure parts that don't either break in use or get replaced for go-faster reasons, and the per-unit markups for each tiny package would add up. Add a bit of information to get the first-time builder launched in the right direction and we'd be all set.

Also, I recall reading that the bushing was traditionally hand-fitted to the barrel, so I'm wondering why that can be left out of the pre-fitted kit here. The 1911 was early industrial revolution, like the Rolls-Royce Merlin engine where every unit was different because each was hand-assembled and fitted to go together by a trained machinist, contrasting with the Packard Merlin that refined the specs to get to the point of interchangable parts. Hopefully a modern 1911 is a bit more like the latter and doesn't need quite so much hand-fettling, but with over a century of history there's a lot of sometimes-contradictory information to wade through.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by old303 View Post
    With a full parts kit I'd be interested, but having to chase down each bit individually would take a lot of work, especially for the obscure parts that don't either break in use or get replaced for go-faster reasons, and the per-unit markups for each tiny package would add up. Add a bit of information to get the first-time builder launched in the right direction and we'd be all set.

Also, I recall reading that the bushing was traditionally hand-fitted to the barrel, so I'm wondering why that can be left out of the pre-fitted kit here. The 1911 was early industrial revolution, like the Rolls-Royce Merlin engine where every unit was different because each was hand-assembled and fitted to go together by a trained machinist, contrasting with the Packard Merlin that refined the specs to get to the point of interchangable parts. Hopefully a modern 1911 is a bit more like the latter and doesn't need quite so much hand-fettling, but with over a century of history there's a lot of sometimes-contradictory information to wade through.
    the individual parts can be sourced quite easily and a few Canadian retailers carry very good selection of quality 1911 components. I don't want to drop business names in dlask's forum.
    These kits aren't a new thing and Dlask has offered similar build kits for the whole time I've been a customer.... and that goes back 20 years.
    I bought my first 1911 slide from Joe back in 98 I think..... might have even been a couple years before that.

There is no other shop in the country I would trust to build me a 1911 and the build kits are exceptional quality.

Quote Originally Posted by 45ACPKING View Post
    the individual parts can be sourced quite easily and a few Canadian retailers carry very good selection of quality 1911 components. I don't want to drop business names in dlask's forum.
    These kits aren't a new thing and Dlask has offered similar build kits for the whole time I've been a customer.... and that goes back 20 years.
    I bought my first 1911 slide from Joe back in 98 I think..... might have even been a couple years before that.

There is no other shop in the country I would trust to build me a 1911 and the build kits are exceptional quality.
    How difficult is it to build a 1911 being a newb?
    CCFR and CSSA Member, and Libertarian at Heart

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast