Thread: WK180-C Upper/Lower Receiver Tolerance/Fit Alignment Problem

WK180-C Upper/Lower Receiver Tolerance/Fit Alignment Problem

Hi,

I just received my WK180-C today and all looks great with one possible exception, the Upper/Lower Receiver Tolerances and Fit.

The hinged front of the Upper/Lower Receiver is tight.

However, the rear of the Upper/Lower Receiver with the guide rod assembly (Separation button) fully engaged, can move up and down a couple of millimeters.

Is this normal for the WK180-C, or do I have an alignment/tolerance problem?

Has anyone else experienced this with their rifles?

Wolverine were closed for the day when I called, left a message on their answering machine.

Feedback welcome.

CGN Regular
    This is normal. There was a thread on how to remove the play by using rubber O rings. Not worth the trouble IMO. My rifle with the wiggle shoots 3-4" with crappy reload, I'm happy.

Thanks for the info.
    Can you guide me to the thread, what size O rings to use and where?
    Regards

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Member HeK 's 3D Printed Brass Deflector on eBay comes with the correct size O-ring. You can probably use the picture in the listing for reference if you don't get the deflector.

--------------------------------------------------
    "If sense is so common ..... why is it in such short supply?"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gundoggy's Avatar
    Even Swissarms Rifles "wiggle" a bit, about the same or even more than what you are describing.

I'm Wriggle Free

Hey guys, thanks so much.

Went to T & T Auto Parts and bought a couple of oil resistance O rings. Installed them on the WK180-C - PERFECTION no movement between upper and lower receivers.

Glad I did it, would have bugged me.

Went to Cabela's and picked up a Vortex Crossfire II 3x9 - 50 scope for $199.99 (sale) and high mounting rails.

Got home to install the scope, only to find the 50mm lens hits the picatinny rail. Need higher scope mounts. Back to Cabela's tomorrow.

Getting closer taking it to the range.

Planned range day is Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by BeadyEye View Post
    Hey guys, thanks so much.

Went to T & T Auto Parts and bought a couple of oil resistance O rings. Installed them on the WK180-C - PERFECTION no movement between upper and lower receivers.

Glad I did it, would have bugged me.

Went to Cabela's and picked up a Vortex Crossfire II 3x9 - 50 scope for $199.99 (sale) and high mounting rails.

Got home to install the scope, only to find the 50mm lens hits the picatinny rail. Need higher scope mounts. Back to Cabela's tomorrow.

Getting closer taking it to the range.

Planned range day is Wednesday.
    I have 3-9x 40 vortex but I am concerned, I hope it fits!

You should be good with high scope mounts and a 40mm objective lens, but it may be cutting it very close. Lens cap maybe a problem.

I put on a Nikon cantilevered rail and it's fine with my 50mm lens and the lens cap.

Took the WK180-C to the range today, shooting approx. 3" groups at 100 yards zeroing the scope. Cleaning the bore per the user manual is time consuming.Big strip down and cleaning tomorrow. Should also get my brass deflector to install.

Quote Originally Posted by BeadyEye View Post
    You should be good with high scope mounts and a 40mm objective lens, but it may be cutting it very close. Lens cap maybe a problem.

I put on a Nikon cantilevered rail and it's fine with my 50mm lens and the lens cap.

Took the WK180-C to the range today, shooting approx. 3" groups at 100 yards zeroing the scope. Cleaning the bore per the user manual is time consuming.Big strip down and cleaning tomorrow. Should also get my brass deflector to install.
    O.k thank you. I have the Burris AR-p.e.p.r. Mount.