Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just an update - What are we up to lately?

CGN Regular

Just an update - What are we up to lately?

************19 December 2019**************

Well things are certainly moving along here at a fairly brisk pace. I am now spending currently most of my time in front of a computer doing design work on machines. I have built a couple more pieces of equipment and am getting more efficient at selecting pre-manufactured components and assembling them into a machine that does what I want. I am still contending with a bit of trial and error, and some dead ends.

I have learned that if I budget $10,000 for a project, then add at least a 250% cushion to it. Just like the government. It seems I am on a bit of a pendulum, for trying to find the balance between performance and cost when building equipment. I want the "best" just so I know "X" component won't be a problem, then I realize that if I am to sell that machine, I need to come up with a more budget friendly replacement for things like bearings, and steel selection.

I am also streamlining parts of the process for manufacturing, getting parts water jet and wire EDM cut where appropriate. I am trying to establish "acceptable" tolerances on machines, hence I can move more things over to water jet to speed it up and reduce the cost. Heat treating of metals has been an interesting experience. Trying to research the correct hardness to make parts, the correct processes. Then also if cryogenic treatment will be of benefit. I have found some very helpful people in the industry who will answer all my questions. It took some time to develop those relationships so that people would actually talk to me, but once you start showing them plans and get them interested in what you do, then they became immensely helpful.

I am beginning construction of my shredder MK. 3. Math says it will be approximately twice as strong as my previous version, while using the power provided to it more efficiently.

What is in the works currently?

Well as above, MK. 3 shredder will be completed construction here early in the new year. Next up is I have designed a machine that will strip aluminum and garbage out of brass at high rates of speed, in the area of 250 - 500lbs per hour throughput. I am also currently working on a project that is a strictly military application and is pretty neat, but also I can't really talk about it too much until the patent paperwork comes back.

Name:  Capture 32.JPG
Views: 216
Size:  44.8 KB Name:  WhatsApp Image 2019-12-19 at 8.41.59 AM.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  33.1 KB Name:  WhatsApp Image 2019-12-19 at 8.41.31 AM.jpg
Size:  83.9 KB

Name:  WhatsApp Image 2019-12-19 at 8.40.34 AM.jpg
Size:  104.6 KB Name:  WhatsApp Image 2019-12-19 at 8.40.54 AM.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  77.5 KB

************03 July 2019***************

I now have up more information on my website for those who are interested and commercial loaders

CLICK HERE FOR SHREDDER

CLICK HERE FOR PLC SORTING LINE CONTROLLER

*********** 04 June 2019 *****************

Good morning everyone,

I just figured I would provide a quick update to the CGN community. I doubt anyone will read it, but I will still write it. People who follow us on instagram or facebook will have an idea of what is in the pipeline.

We have branched our business out and am doing a majority of our current business in the export markets as our capacity is capable of supplying more then the Canadian market consumes (currently)

We have started a new fork in our business doing solutions and controls for commercial loaders and brass processors. Mostly focusing on integration of existing tooling.

Current things that may be of interest (without getting into too much details)

Case mouth optical inspection (post processing to check for defects) - strips from machine without shutdown

Camdex loaders (complete integration and optical inspection)
    • only provides primers, powder, or projectiles if brass is present in the station and has passed all previous checks
    • conducts optical inspection of the primer pocket and seated primer
    • optical inspection of the completed round (case gauge by camera essentially)
    • automatic rejection of defective cases and rounds

Sorting line integration - PLC controlled

CLICK HERE FOR PLC SORTING LINE CONTROLLER

Name:  61779798_866801383681037_2084771584970588160_n.jpg
Views: 709
Size:  85.6 KB

Brass de-milling - destruction of waste brass - turns it into a product suitable for scrap to extract full value

• Machine footprint of approximately 24" x 36"
    • Conforms with UNODA IATG 10.10 for the destruction of small arms ammunition to render safe any products being sent to the commodity markets.

I now have up more information on my website for those who are interested and commercial loaders
    CLICK HERE FOR SHREDDER

Aluminum / Plastic / Brass Separation
    High volume / high speed separation of brass from aluminum and plastic - suitable for integration into existing sorting lines.
    Last edited by BlackSheepBrass; 12-19-2019 at 09:44 AM.

Quell you doubts that you go unread/unnoticed , personally when I notice you companny name I check it out. Congratulations on expanding your company/markets.

CGN Regular
    Thanks for the support! I appreciate it.

I am one of many who don't participate in Facebook, Twitter, etc. I do rely on CGN to keep updated, and read most posts.

Thanks for the update on what you're up to, and wishes for great success!

Quote Originally Posted by cdnironhead View Post
    I am one of many who don't participate in Facebook, Twitter, etc. I do rely on CGN to keep updated, and read most posts.

Thanks for the update on what you're up to, and wishes for great success!
    Totally agree.
    I too read all of the new posts for a variety of reasons.
    Often times they're informative, as is this one from Black-Sheep-Brass; and occasionally there's some real great deals if you're quick enough (or up early enough what with living on the left coast).
    Nice to see you're expanding, and into international markets.
    Wish you great success.
    Member of NFA; CSSA; CCFR
    In Life - Every Decade Lived Doubles in Velocity from the Decade Lived Before - And Then One Day

CGN Regular
    I don't use social media either. I'm an email and text guy.
    I use your products and appreciate that you're there and providing a quality service.
    Thank you.

CGN Regular
    Our sorting line controller is now in service. This should make us about 80% more efficient. I am thinking probably will sort in excess of 2,500 pounds per day now.

Name:  61779798_866801383681037_2084771584970588160_n.jpg
Views: 1018
Size:  85.6 KB
    Last edited by BlackSheepBrass; 06-04-2019 at 04:15 PM.

CGN frequent flyer
    Thanks for the update.
    America last
    America can never be great again until...
    Dream revolver Ruger 0456
    Pass on pre-orders

If ever you need a hand with controls or integration in the future (Electrical design, PLC/HMI Programming, etc.) let me know! Cheers.

Any video ? Im curious to see !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast