Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 68910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: The export of high capacity magazines over 32 rounds is now prohibited.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Juster's Avatar
    Can you import baseplates and bodies in separate shipments I wonder.
    Instead of being troubled by what is really evil, people make a big fuss over what is merely conventionally evil. -Diogenes

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingjenky View Post
    Irg is a Canadian retailer aswell and well versed in imports into Canada.......so would it not make sense for them to branch out and seek other markets other than the us to import mags from!
    No. When 90%+ of your market is US, a few mags being prohibited from exportation to canada is the least of your concern.

Keep this in mind:
    Canada is probably less than 10% or IRG's sales
    Magazines are probably less than 10% of IRG's sales
    Less than 10% of magazines are now prohibited from exportation.

Therefore, about 0.1% of IRG's sales will be affected. Sucks for Canadians, but it's a drop in an ocean.

Purely Canadian distributors can go to mech-Gar or others if they want. It would make a lot more sense for them than it would for IRG.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    How do you get P90 mags now?

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBaconPancakes View Post
    Mexicans would be the only option (not being racist)

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBaconPancakes View Post
    That's what i'm concerned about as I ordered afew P90 magazines afew months back and are waiting for them. When I called them afew days ago they are awaiting for confirmation about them as even the 30rd magazines are technically 50rd magazines blocked. Luckily I have 10 of the 50rd magazines already but I wanted to keep afew set aside as they can be hard to find.

You should be fine, but that said we do not know if the importation of HC mags into the US will be effected but reading into it:

"Section 38 of the AECA allows DDTC to restrict the end use of USML defense articles in order to “control imports and exports of defense articles in furtherance of world peace and security and foreign policy of the U.S.”

We would venture to say the importation of these magazines will also be effected.

We will keep you posted.

The IRUNGUNS Team

Quote Originally Posted by srnm View Post
    That's what i'm concerned about as I ordered afew P90 magazines afew months back and are waiting for them. When I called them afew days ago they are awaiting for confirmation about them as even the 30rd magazines are technically 50rd magazines blocked. Luckily I have 10 of the 50rd magazines already but I wanted to keep afew set aside as they can be hard to find.

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IRUNGUNS View Post
    Here is a link we received from Firearms News. This article was written to help everyone understand the changes regarding the export of HC magazines.

https://www.firearmsnews.com/editori...-of-why/361695
    Nice to see the article open with my comment
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

CGN Ultra frequent flyer City Boy's Avatar
    Effective immediately I assume?

You guys realize FN makes a 30-round PS90 mag? Just order those since they'll be 5 rounders in the end anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by AK View Post
    You guys realize FN makes a 30-round PS90 mag? Just order those since they'll be 5 rounders in the end anyways.
    The problem is the 30 rounders even the 10 rounders are actually 50 rounders, the magazine body even says 50 rounds. They just have a plug on the baseplate plugging the body restricting the amount of rounds you can insert.