Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: DA 50 BMG is getting worn out!

CGN frequent flyer Big bore dinosaur's Avatar
    Good on ya for Putin that girl threw the paces...
    Hard on the wallet.. forsure
    Interesting none the less..
    Cheers

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    3000 rounds of 50 BMG??? Shag the bolt, I wound be needing a new shoulder threaded on!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    Didn't even know about that! Thank you!
    "This upgrade aides in providing leverage to cam the action open. This upgrade is built into your existing bolt and requires the handle to be shipped to us for the upgrade.
    Parts, installation and cerakote of the knob is $125."

Sounds like they just put a bigger knob on, which wouldn't help with your problem?
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdbldr View Post
    3000 rounds of 50 BMG??? Shag the bolt, I wound be needing a new shoulder threaded on!
    Ha, well I didn't shoot them all personally. Most I've shot in one sitting is 35-40, that gets a bit sore after 20 or so.
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    "This upgrade aides in providing leverage to cam the action open. This upgrade is built into your existing bolt and requires the handle to be shipped to us for the upgrade.
    Parts, installation and cerakote of the knob is $125."

Sounds like they just put a bigger knob on, which wouldn't help with your problem?
    Ah, good catch. I think you are correct, it looks like they weld an extension on or something.

Do you reload your 50s? Let me know if you keep all your brass.a

Quote Originally Posted by regulus View Post
    Do you reload your 50s? Let me know if you keep all your brass.a
    No, I don't reload it, no real point for my purposes. I usually have some 50 brass lying around but I don't have a huge crate with thousands of them. probably have about 100 pieces right now? I use them for arts and crafts, too. Make great coathooks.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    No, I don't reload it, no real point for my purposes. I usually have some 50 brass lying around but I don't have a huge crate with thousands of them. probably have about 100 pieces right now? I use them for arts and crafts, too. Make great coathooks.
    Wouldn't the point be to lower the cost? Factory 50bmg ain't cheap! (never priced out reloading it mind you, but I know the savings are big with things like 338lapua so I figured 50bmg would be similar?)
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

My da 50 had the same issue .round count is not as high as yours probably in the 1800 to 2000 round range . Contacted Canada ammo they sent me a spare bolt pin and handle for free express post. No bs at all sent in pics explain the issue and that it is often used for prone lesson in the CFSC course that I teach and they rushed the parts out the same day to make sure I didn't have a broken gun on display �� I am convinced the reason I was having issues was hot loads ,backed down my reloads a bit never had issues extracting again and the bolt handle has lasted so far woundering if if you had issues with lake City ammo I had issues in the past with one batch from I run guns

I always assumed anything DA (which is actually made in China) was garbage.... What is the general consensus on this upper? When it came out I decided to pass because it seemed too good to be true but maybe I was wrong?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast