Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Gopher Safari

Business Member

2019 Gopher Safari

Good day CGN,

A couple of our team members made their way to sunny South-Western Saskatchewan last week for an annual Gopher Safari.

Many gophers were shot - ensuring the safety of the livestock on this particular ranch. What a beautiful part of the country - the folks in the proper prairies have life figured out.

We shot a variety of rifles, in calibers 17 HMR, 22LR, 17 Hornet, 17 Hornet AI, and 223 Rem.

On to the photos:

*All firearms were proved safe where actions are closed. Shot fired without hearing pro were shooting sub-sonic ammo

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .22LRGUY's Avatar
    Take me with you...lol

Thanks for posting, by FAR my favorite pastime. Some nice hardware there too!

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by .22LRGUY View Post
    Take me with you...lol

Thanks for posting, by FAR my favorite pastime. Some nice hardware there too!
    Everyone should give this a try - what a blast (pun intended).

KGL

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .22LRGUY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Korth Group Ltd View Post
    Everyone should give this a try - what a blast (pun intended).

KGL
    Submitting my impressive resume to Korth as we speak.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by .22LRGUY View Post
    Submitting my impressive resume to Korth as we speak.
    LOL, if only we had a need for even part time gopher shooters.

KGL

Go to Gull Lake Sask ,UFA they can give you info . One farmer will give you brick of 22 lr to take care of the gophers on his property.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanaskichuck View Post
    Go to Gull Lake Sask ,UFA they can give you info . One farmer will give you brick of 22 lr to take care of the gophers on his property.
    Great info - worth a try for anyone looking to have a pile of fun in an open field.

KGL

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Grizzlypeg's Avatar
    Looks like you had a great day there. The number of gophers are really up on Manitoba as well. I think its the couple of dry summers we had. They don't like it wet.
    NO CONFLICT OF INTEREST TO DISCLOSE “Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.” Cesare Beccaria

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzlypeg View Post
    Looks like you had a great day there. The number of gophers are really up on Manitoba as well. I think its the couple of dry summers we had. They don't like it wet.
    Interesting - wouldn't have thought the weather would have such an impact. Good excuse to get out a shoot a few more, then!

We can attest; the gophers did not like the Eley 22 LR HP ammo either...

KGL

CGN Ultra frequent flyer joe-nwt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Korth Group Ltd View Post
    Good day CGN,

A couple of our team members made their way to sunny South-Western Saskatchewan last week for an annual Gopher Safari.

Many gophers were shot - ensuring the safety of the livestock on this particular ranch. What a beautiful part of the country - the folks in the proper prairies have life figured out.

We shot a variety of rifles, in calibers 17 HMR, 22LR, 17 Hornet, 17 Hornet AI, and 223 Rem.

On to the photos:

How did you get all the gopher bits stuck back together?
    ...I don't like making plans for the day because then "premeditated" gets thrown around the courtroom.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast