CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 44

Thread: Last pre C71 NR purchase...

  1. #1
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    17,639

    Last pre C71 NR purchase...

    I want to buy another top shelf BA 308 before SHTF, i am looking at the Daniel Defense Delta 5 in 308.

    According to reviews it's very high in the rating.
    Any of you shooting this rifle.

    In many reviews they say it's on par with the best custom, i give myself one day to decide.

    At 900 yards they were grouping in a pie plate.
    Canada is an ok place to live. / Ontario is a good place to live. / France is a tasty place to live. / Québec is home. / New Hampshire is paradise. /


  2. #2
    CGN Regular batwing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    168
    Have you looked at the Cadex line-up?
    DD is a great companie but the price of the Delta 5 is
    A bit much for my liking.
    Cadex are in Quebec and will support you for the life cycle of your rifle.
    Their R7 line is so impresive...just read the the story on here about the guy
    Hitting plates @ 1.8 ish Km.
    Pretty sure the gang at Wolverine can hook you up with either one that you fancy!!!!

  3. #3
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    17,639
    I will look it up. Thanks
    Canada is an ok place to live. / Ontario is a good place to live. / France is a tasty place to live. / Québec is home. / New Hampshire is paradise. /


  4. #4
    CGN Regular 1ABNDT's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    GTA
    Posts
    804
    This is one of my favorites, https://pof-usa.com/firearms/p308-spr/

    went with the Stag10 instead, dual use, great warranty/transferable, and a great MSR for my first rifle.
    Been looking at some awesome aftermarket parts, by adding another $2000 to this platform it would bring it close to the P.O.F./D.D. Just my.02, I could be wrong.
    Proud member of CSSA NRA CCFR NFA "LEST WE FORGET"
    Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them.
    Knowledge will give you power, but character respect.

  5. #5
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    17,639
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ABNDT View Post
    This is one of my favorites, https://pof-usa.com/firearms/p308-spr/

    went with the Stag10 instead, dual use, great warranty/transferable, and a great MSR for my first rifle.
    Been looking at some awesome aftermarket parts, by adding another $2000 to this platform it would bring it close to the P.O.F./D.D. Just my.02, I could be wrong.
    Nice rifle but i am looking for a top shelf bolt action.
    Canada is an ok place to live. / Ontario is a good place to live. / France is a tasty place to live. / Québec is home. / New Hampshire is paradise. /


  6. #6
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    17,639
    Quote Originally Posted by batwing View Post
    Have you looked at the Cadex line-up?
    DD is a great companie but the price of the Delta 5 is
    A bit much for my liking.
    Cadex are in Quebec and will support you for the life cycle of your rifle.
    Their R7 line is so impresive...just read the the story on here about the guy
    Hitting plates @ 1.8 ish Km.
    Pretty sure the gang at Wolverine can hook you up with either one that you fancy!!!!
    I agree they must be good…

    But they are double the price 5600.00 vs 2800.00 for the DD, think i will stick with my first idea.
    Canada is an ok place to live. / Ontario is a good place to live. / France is a tasty place to live. / Québec is home. / New Hampshire is paradise. /


  7. #7
    CGN Regular Mason44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ott
    Posts
    208
    Quote Originally Posted by caramel View Post
    Nice rifle but i am looking for a top shelf bolt action.
    AI rifle?
    "Sometimes you gotta wash away the paint, and reveal to the world the jackass that is hiding beneath." - Kenny Powers

  8. #8
    CGN frequent flyer Mike112288's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Winkler
    Posts
    1,951
    If i was you, would get an impact precision action barreled up at insite arms of you want top shelf. Or a bighorn tl3. Or a defiance action. Sooner go impact precision or bighorn tl3 they handle dirt and grime better

  9. #9
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    17,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Mason44 View Post
    AI rifle?
    I am pretty much set on the DD, still reading tons of reviews and it's very highly praise.
    Canada is an ok place to live. / Ontario is a good place to live. / France is a tasty place to live. / Québec is home. / New Hampshire is paradise. /


  10. #10
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    9,513
    Quote Originally Posted by caramel View Post
    Nice rifle but i am looking for a top shelf bolt action.
    Desert tech
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •