CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Two thumbs down bullseye! - Updated

Two thumbs down bullseye! - Updated

So here's why they get the thumbs down. May 27 I buy a Chinese Tok, great price $189 unissued. Telling my buddy about my purchase he buys one too the next day. Now knowing that transfers are slow as heck in Ontario right now I think nothing of the two week wait without hearing that the transfer came in, and I can pick it up.

My friend wasn't so patient and called them today to inquire if his transfer was in. After the guy at bullseye reluctantly checks for him, he finds yes his transfer is in. So he goes and picks up his pistol.

So I call bullseye and ask about my pistol bought the day before my friends was, the guy I talked to was upset right off the bat, asking what made me think my transfer was in if I hadn't received a call or email. When I told him my friends was bought a day after mine from them and he had called and was told transfer was in I thought I'd call, so he goes and checks, five minutes later comes back and says he doesn't see anything. I live forty minutes away and had to go close to the store, was hoping I could have picked it up. So I thank him for looking and figure ah well CFO is weird like that.
    I decided to call the cfo anyways and ask them the status of my transfer, she tells me it was approved already, yesterday, and an email was sent to them.

So on the front page of your website bullseye it says and I quote "PLEASE NOTE: RESTRICTED TRANSFER TIMES ARE TAKING LONGER THEN NORMAL. WE WILL CONTACT YOU OR SEND YOU TRACKING AS SOON AS WE RECEIVE APPROVAL FOR YOUR ORDER.
    Well this is obviously not true when my friend had to call to find out his was ready, I called to be told it wasn't, even though it was the day before. Like how is that good customer service, it could of saved me an 1.5hr round trip if they could have just actually checked and seen it was there, or don't tell people, they will be contacted as soon as it's approved, when that's obviously not true, and I still wasn't called by end of day today.

I usually don't rant, but Geez, as if he couldn't check and save me an extra trip when they'd had it since the day before. I guess I'll just show up and pick it up tomorrow if they call me or not.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Ironheart's Avatar

I understand if they have to put the order together and ship
    It out that it may take one or two days after the the approval
    But when the order is for in store pick up they should notify the buyer the day the transfer is approved.
    My two cents

ok.
    Join the CSSA
    It's the least you can do.

Most stores tend to receive it by fax or email.
    Most stores get a ton of faxes and/or emails each day
    Most stores only have 1 email that it goes to, and that’s generally the owner/person in charge of the gun counter
    If that 1 person only checked once in the morning and printed off the paperwork and then had to go out for other things, or was off that day/until later that day... only what was printed was/could be visible to be employee.
    Sometimes the CFO says one thing, and actually hasn’t done their part on their end (ie, make up the email with the attached approvals)

Lots of variables... but the 1 constant is we live in an entitled society

CGN Regular
    Scott must be on vacation.
    America last
    America can never be great again until...
    Dream revolver Ruger 0456
    Pass on pre-orders

CGN Ultra frequent flyer yomomma's Avatar
    Things have been going nuts with the C-71/ ban buying spree...shops are working overtime.

Think you should cut them (and any other shop) some slack during these trying times
    Proud CCFR member

WHO NEEDS FRIENDS WHEN I GOT A GUN AND A BATTLEFIELD FULL OF ENEMIES

Wow people these days want everything on a snap of a finger. Imagine living in the 1900's :D wait they wouldnt survive

GunNutz
    Do you ever think that, if everybody call to ask, it will slow the process.

when you KNOW there is a lots of firearm sold last weeks, you can just wait.

no thumbs down to bullseye !

Shame on you...

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast