Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Gun laws, F/A uppers starting to ship out and where am I in the que?

Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by vultr View Post
    Maybe out east there's a under appreciation of the scale of ATRS's operation. This isn't a big company like Troy or Colt. As someone who regularly pops in to the shop to buy stuff or just kick tires, I'm always impressed that they can crank out as much quality product as they do. ATRS is TINY. At work I regularly deal with fab companies that are way less responsive or productive. If you wanted something up front, go buy a M&P or a BCL (lots of them on the EE hahaha).
    Where I’m from got nothing to do with anything, and I know exactly what’s going on.

I was in early on the modern Varmter, twice.

And the MS as well.

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cman View Post
    Just curious, not trying to piss you off, but why don't you hire more quality staff and start a night shift, that way you can catch up and sell more product.
    I would buy more right now if it wasn't for the long wait....
    So let me ask you this.
    Given we have a 50/50 chance of getting another lieberal government in October and KNOWING that if we do get another lieberal regime they fully intend to put all of the gun business's out of business, would you invest a several million of your own dollars into purchasing more machines a new building and hiring more staff?

We are in the perfect position to expand as our lease is up in 13 months which gives us time to get a new facility built and more machines ordered all the while still producing product. If you don't think I want to expand significantly you are dead wrong. I do NOT however wish to lose absolutely everything should Turd and his merry band of morons get back into power, so we wait and see whether we are allowed to remain in business or not come October.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Uber Super GunNutz
    That's enough folks. Let the gentleman get back to being productive.

I have parts begging to be mated to one of these.
    "He who dares not offend, cannot be honest."
    - Thomas Paine

"Oppression maketh a wise man mad"

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    So let me ask you this.
    Given we have a 50/50 chance of getting another lieberal government in October and KNOWING that if we do get another lieberal regime they fully intend to put all of the gun business's out of business, would you invest a several million of your own dollars into purchasing more machines a new building and hiring more staff?

We are in the perfect position to expand as our lease is up in 13 months which gives us time to get a new facility built and more machines ordered all the while still producing product. If you don't think I want to expand significantly you are dead wrong. I do NOT however wish to lose absolutely everything should Turd and his merry band of morons get back into power, so we wait and see whether we are allowed to remain in business or not come October.
    Totally agree, it's a shame your entire business and way of life is so heavily affected by our current douche regime...like Benjamin Franklin said..."back to work Shaun!"
    Lol

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Totally agree, it's a shame your entire business and way of life is so heavily affected by our current douche regime...like Benjamin Franklin said..."back to work Shaun!"
    Lol
    But did he really?? ;-)

So... is the latest JP shipment in with a nice little 20" barrel and blue thermal dissipator? :D
    Check other started threads for combo deals

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scotty454's Avatar
    Just curious, not trying to piss you off, but why don't you hire more quality staff and start a night shift, that way you can catch up and sell more product.
    I would buy more right now if it wasn't for the long wait....
    You obviously don't work in the machining industry.

I'm at a shop in Calgary that is COMPLETELY swamped right now. We have no business putting out as much work as we are, and it's still never enough. We have a night shift, and are/have been actively looking for quality people for it. They're just not out there. The downturn over the last few years completely ####ed the labor pool. Seems like all the decent guys are actively employed, and a lot of the rest moved on (I personally know more than a few guys that went back to BC, Ontario, etc). Even trying to find guys for day shift spots is difficult.

TL/DR: It's not that easy.

Let Freedom Ring With a Shotgun Blast!

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty454 View Post

I'm at a shop in Calgary that is COMPLETELY swamped right now. We have no business putting out as much work as we are, and it's still never enough. We have a night shift, and are/have been actively looking for quality people for it. They're just not out there. The downturn over the last few years completely ####ed the labor pool. Seems like all the decent guys are actively employed, and a lot of the rest moved on (I personally know more than a few guys that went back to BC, Ontario, etc). Even trying to find guys for day shift spots is difficult.

Good guys aren’t that hard to find, if you want top guys you need to pay top dollar
    Hitchvault.ca

Uber Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty454 View Post

Are you saying I should switch careers?
    "He who dares not offend, cannot be honest."
    - Thomas Paine

"Oppression maketh a wise man mad"

Quote Originally Posted by Bfranklin View Post
    Are you saying I should switch careers?
    I am up for a career change! It’s not work, if you enjoy what your doing..