Page 1 of 14 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun laws, F/A uppers starting to ship out and where am I in the que?

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar

Gun laws, F/A uppers starting to ship out and where am I in the que?

The last 2 weeks have been crazy here. We are asking for everyone's assistance here.
    The phone has been ringing off the hook with folks asking about C71. Guys we have no more info than you do as this "very transparent government" has yet to be in the least transparent with anyone. We have no inside knowledge on exactly what or how this stupid bit of useless legislation will affect any of us. What I can say is that a great many man hours are being wasted daily that could be used to QC, contact folks to advise them their parts are ready or ship them. However we can only single task, so answering the phones or listening to guys who are preaching to the choir only sets us back in production.

Same thing with the endless number of email inquiries as to "when do you think my upper or lower will ship?" replying to 50 or 60 of these emails daily kills alot of time that could be used for QC, contacting those whose parts are ready or shipping them.

PLEASE Understand that the second your parts are ready we WILL be contacting you, we want the balance of your deposit and to try and keep the number of boxes stacked up in shipping to a minimum.

We are a small shop with limited staff, so please try to work with us to keep production going smoothly and to help get as many sets out as we can per day. I would truly hate to institute a policy of you call to see when you run 3 set is ready which we clearly stated as spring 2020 you now go to the bottom of the significant pile of invoices.

Thank you!!
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

I did a build with them last year. though it was a few weeks longer than I was hoping for, they were very good at keeping me abreast of the situation. I would vouch for the fact that they contacted me the day my gun was done.

ATRS has been very accommodating and quick to respond when I needed to contact them about my order. The key word being NEED, like paying my balance or inquiring about getting their more recent upper design with my order because the old one has compatibility issues with one of the parts I bought. I'm tempted to bother them about when my order will be ready and the like just as much as anyone else, but every minute they spend on the phone or reading their inbox is a minute lost in actually getting this product into our hands. And I'd bet a good number of the questions being asked have already been answered somewhere in the threads ATRS has been keeping updated here on CGN anyway where someone could find it if they did their homework.
    Last edited by foolsbliss; 06-12-2019 at 08:53 PM.

Last edited by Qwerty1zer; 06-01-2020 at 01:52 AM.

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Alright, I've made it through the entire first production run, EVERYONE has been contacted for any and all receiver types, slick side, forward assist, doesn't matter.

If you are in the first production run and you have ordered a forward assist upper, check your email. If you don't have an email, now is the time to contact us: info@albertatacticalrifle.com

For those of you in the second and third production runs, we are trying to avoid sending uppers and lowers out separately. By shipping them together, it gives us one last chance to go over them for quality control and make sure everything has a nice tight fit.
    If you are in the second production run and you are adamant about getting your upper and lower shipped separately, you can also contact us at info@albertatacticalrifle.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    What is the deal here? How did c71 affect the MS? now you have to record the sale and that's it?

Thank you

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rally guy View Post
    What is the deal here? How did c71 affect the MS? now you have to record the sale and that's it?

Thank you
    I was in the shop on Friday for a brief visit and to pick up my FA upper. Shaun said that to the best of their knowledge sales after the implementation of C71 NR LGR they will be required to basically provide the CFC with all info the same as a restricted transfer less the serial number. But who needs a serial number when you have make, model, caliber, barrel length, etc.

For all intents and purposes, this is a complete return of the LGR on all transactions forward from the coming into force of the C71's LGR section.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Uber Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    I was in the shop on Friday for a brief visit and to pick up my FA upper. Shaun said that to the best of their knowledge sales after the implementation of C71 NR LGR they will be required to basically provide the CFC with all info the same as a restricted transfer less the serial number. But who needs a serial number when you have make, model, caliber, barrel length, etc.

For all intents and purposes, this is a complete return of the LGR on all transactions forward from the coming into force of the C71's LGR section.
    Sorry but MS are not sold with a known calibre or barrel length.

So there's that...
    "He who dares not offend, cannot be honest."
    - Thomas Paine

"Oppression maketh a wise man mad"

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bfranklin View Post
    Sorry but MS are not sold with a known calibre or barrel length.

So there's that...
    Same as a bare AR15 lower. you're making it sound like you're OK with even mentioning to the CFC that there was a sale of something to someone, and i'm not sure why that is.

Youza.

Uber Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by Youzawhale View Post
    Same as a bare AR15 lower. you're making it sound like you're OK with even mentioning to the CFC that there was a sale of something to someone, and i'm not sure why that is.

Youza.
    Lol. You don't worry about me. I'm pretty entrenched in my anti-Liberal ways.

I was pointing out one of the fallacies of this legislation.
    "He who dares not offend, cannot be honest."
    - Thomas Paine

"Oppression maketh a wise man mad"

Page 1 of 14 12345678911 ... LastLast