Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Gun laws, F/A uppers starting to ship out and where am I in the que?

As excited as I am to get my hands on mine, I signed up knowing it would be a bit of a wait. It will take as long as it takes, if they could do it faster I am sure they would.
    Arte et Marte

Quote Originally Posted by KDW__ View Post
    As excited as I am to get my hands on mine, I signed up knowing it would be a bit of a wait. It will take as long as it takes, if they could do it faster I am sure they would.
    Yep! And I mean as long as this is taking it took longer for me to get my savage 110 predator last year.

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 45C View Post
    Lol ,Shaun relax dude.
    Guys are spending a lot of money and it was you guys who started the shell game.
    SS uppers, Then Lowers , then FA uppers, no wait we just done double round of lowers, cut off is in April,so you should get it aug,sep,oct, of 2020, or was it 2021?
    Right now you have the best gear in town, but there might be a time when you’ll need all these guys.
    Not for an instant do we not appreciate everyone's business, but we are getting on average 20 emails per day asking where in line a person is and when their order will ship. We don't keep track of the phone calls asking the exact same question but I suspect about the same number as we get emails.
    We have been extremely transparent and communicative as to what our schedule is, why we elected to go this route etc.. Not sure exactly how many times we have to re-iterate this.

What we KNOW is that everyone is wanting theirs ASAP, BUT the more time we use answering the same questions the longer it will take to get the sets out. As stated before we can be answering emails and phone calls or making parts but not both.

I realize that our assorted production runs could be confusing so let me try one last time to clarify it.
    Orders placed before mid September 2018 are production run #1 and 99% of that run has shipped out, these were all slick side upper sets.
    Orders placed after mid September 2018 are in production run #2 and will have either F/A uppers or SS uppers available. The uppers for either are already done. We are currently making the lowers.
    Orders placed after April 15 2019 are in production run #3. We made an over run of F/A uppers and a small run of SS uppers while we were running uppers for run 2 while we waited for the material for lowers to arrive. Once the lowers for run 2 are done we will continue making lowers for run 3.

Run 2 sets will start to ship out late August and continue to ship out into October as they are completed. Then run 3 sets will start to ship out as they are completedwith the expectation that by spring of 2020 all of run 3 will be shipped.

EVERY order has a date on it, Look at the dates on your order and it should be pretty obvious where you are in line.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Just curious, not trying to piss you off, but why don't you hire more quality staff and start a night shift, that way you can catch up and sell more product.
    I would buy more right now if it wasn't for the long wait....

And possibly hire a teenage summer student to handle emails and phone calls so you are not slowed down/distracted...

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Lol ,Shaun relax dude.
    Guys are spending a lot of money and it was you guys who started the shell game.
    SS uppers, Then Lowers , then FA uppers, no wait we just done double round of lowers, cut off is in April,so you should get it aug,sep,oct, of 2020, or was it 2021?
    Right now you have the best gear in town, but there might be a time when you’ll need all these guys.
    I didn't mean to sound unappreciative of people's business in the least, and I wish I had something more interesting to provide an update of... but it's been making uppers, and making more uppers, and then to shake things up, we've made some more uppers... We're starting on lowers, but the same way we upsized the production of uppers last time we're doing the same with lowers. Maybe it'll slow the first twenty guys down by a couple of weeks, but it'll speed up the last couple hundred orders by months. New fixtures, updating programs and running test parts. We're squishing op 1 and op 2 into the same machine, and we've cut the cycle time per part nearly in half.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty1zer View Post
    Slap a Gopro on somebody in the machine shop, that's bound to keep me occupied for at least a week.
    I like this idea, but just haven't had the free time to do much there. Maybe something in the next couple weeks, but after that it's gonna be full crunch to get stuff ready for TACCOM, and receivers out the doors, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by cman View Post
    They really need to amp up production, if you are selling so much and I'm sure people are paying in full to avoid c 71, then they should use that money to hire more machinists, add a night shift, anything to pump these babies out the door fast!
    I like where your heads at, and while I agree that expanding would be REALLY nice, and we're keeping our eyes open for opportunities there, we're instead trying to optimize our production in the space we have currently. A lot will be decided after October.

An example of this optimization, is that we are condensing operation 1 and 2 of the lowers into one machine, our largest with a bed large enough to mount four op 1's, and four op 2 parts. So 8 parts per cycle

You guys are awesome, and your product speaks for itself, just throwing ideas out there.
    Seriously I would buy ten receiver sets right now if you would ship them tomorrow...

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cman View Post
    You guys are awesome, and your product speaks for itself, just throwing ideas out there.
    Seriously I would buy ten receiver sets right now if you would ship them tomorrow...
    With finding a lot of improvements for efficiency, I'm hoping that day isn't too far off. Maybe this time next year if we're lucky?

We have a limited edition version coming out in partnership with my favourite gun rights organization soon too... actual photos are a few weeks out on the first samples, but I'm really excited for those They're going to be ridiculous!

Lol ,Shaun relax dude.
    Maybe out east there's a under appreciation of the scale of ATRS's operation. This isn't a big company like Troy or Colt. As someone who regularly pops in to the shop to buy stuff or just kick tires, I'm always impressed that they can crank out as much quality product as they do. ATRS is TINY. At work I regularly deal with fab companies that are way less responsive or productive. If you wanted something up front, go buy a M&P or a BCL (lots of them on the EE hahaha).
    "A gun is not a weapon, Marge, it's a tool. Like a butcher's knife or a harpoon, or...or an alligator."

CCFR/NFA Member

Super GunNutz
    Shaun , I’m just razzing you

I know what it’s like to get a crap load of calls from customers,asking the same sh!t over and over.
    I feel like telling them to go get bent. But at the end of the day, it could be worse,as in no calls .

Keep up the excellent work!