Page 12 of 56 FirstFirst ... 245678910111213141516171819202232 ... LastLast

Thread: Liberals want to prohibit more assault weapons rather than ban handguns

Stop calling them assault weapons

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Milanczar's Avatar
    Cabin boy aboard the New England whaler Pequod
    Quote Originally Posted by VE3RADIO View Post
    Guys.. this is perhaps the worst part.. did anyone notice these points? If this crap is unleashed cities will hop on the bandwagon to ban everything within their borders.. also the secure storage part..

In addition to prohibiting some weapons, Mr. Blair said the Liberals will want to strengthen the rules on the safe and secure storage of firearms and make a series of changes to firearms laws. Among other things, the measures would allow authorities to suspend firearms acquisition licences over concerns that their owners could harm themselves or others, and aim to deter “straw purchases” in which guns are legally purchased and then resold to criminals.

He also opened the door to giving greater powers to provinces and municipalities to regulate the sale and use of firearms on their territories.
    Yes if you recall there were references that background checks would include searches etc for what they considered hate speech etc.

So if you stated somewhere online or social media etc non Liberal views............concerns over employment, immigration, terrorism, green taxes, Trudeau groping women etc

Expect trouble.....
    The path to my fixed purpose is laid with iron rails, whereon my soul is grooved to run.
    - Moby Dick, Herman Melville

All super good points from Greentips as per usual!

To add to all this, I had been cursing the FRT database a while back and saw something rather interesting and shared it in the Black Rifle Forum, but not many people replied. While Blair is saying what he is saying about the Liberals using a potential "Assault weapons" ban as a vote generator, the "AKA" portion of ALL AR15's that I had looked at that day now lists them as M-16 variants.

I don't recall any of this in the past, and think that this is more along the lines of cuing up the RCMP to be the Liberals Patsies and let them do all of this under C-71 once it has received its Royal Accent.

Think that there are lots of forces working against us (the gun owning public), and agree that we NEED to see Blair lose his riding, and most importantly JT get bounced. I also think we as a large demographic of sporting individuals need to hold the Conservatives to task and see that we are taken care of so we don't have to worry about this in another 4-8 years all over again.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Milanczar's Avatar
    Cabin boy aboard the New England whaler Pequod
    Quote Originally Posted by JungerJager View Post
    All super good points from Greentips as per usual!

To add to all this, I had been cursing the FRT database a while back and saw something rather interesting and shared it in the Black Rifle Forum, but not many people replied. While Blair is saying what he is saying about the Liberals using a potential "Assault weapons" ban as a vote generator, the "AKA" portion of ALL AR15's that I had looked at that day now lists them as M-16 variants.

I don't recall any of this in the past, and think that this is more along the lines of cuing up the RCMP to be the Liberals Patsies and let them do all of this under C-71 once it has received its Royal Accent.

Think that there are lots of forces working against us (the gun owning public), and agree that we NEED to see Blair lose his riding, and most importantly JT get bounced. I also think we as a large demographic of sporting individuals need to hold the Conservatives to task and see that we are taken care of so we don't have to worry about this in another 4-8 years all over again.
    Yes the issue of 'variant' is now completely optical.

By that token a Remington Model 8 will now be a variant of an AK by virtue of the appearance and location of the safety.

although the Remington Model 8 was produced first and it has nothing to do with the action .......

Essentially a firearm is a variant of every other firearm.

And so it shall be using the RCMP Laws of Toyland principles.
    The path to my fixed purpose is laid with iron rails, whereon my soul is grooved to run.
    - Moby Dick, Herman Melville

I will definitely not vote for Liberals. Let us make Trudeau a Drama Teacher again. The Liberals is not doing any good for this country. John

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Milanczar View Post
    Yes the issue of 'variant' is now completely optical.

By that token a Remington Model 8 will now be a variant of an AK by virtue of the appearance and location of the safety.

although the Remington Model 8 was produced first and it has nothing to do with the action .......

Essentially a firearm is a variant of every other firearm.

And so it shall be using the RCMP Laws of Toyland principles.
    So are they going to make the SKS a Variant of the AK?
    The best time to buy a gun was 40 years ago, the second best time is today.

Sorry, my bad, it is under "Additional Comments" not "AKA/Product Code" and here is what it says:

Canadian Law Comments
    - this is a "RESTRICTED FIREARM" as per: CC 84(1) "restricted firearm" para. (b) "restricted firearm" means (b) a firearm that (i) is not a prohibited firearm, (ii) has a barrel less than 470 mm in length, and (iii) is capable of discharging centre-fire ammunition in a semi-automatic manner, or RFR, Part 2, para. 2 2. The firearm of the design commonly known as the M-16 rifle, and any variant or modified version of it.

CGN frequent flyer
    Any person, sane or not will choose to use the most appropriate tool for any job.

If you don't have the tool of choice you will use whatever you have.

If the screwdriver doesn't fit correctly you would use the closest match and struggle along.

That goes the same for violence... If a perp cant get a "good" gun, a sufficiently motivated person can use anything they could get their hands on.. from a simple firearm to a car, truck van... golf club to a sharp stick if that's all they had... its simply a question of intent and personal choice....

so what exactly is the end game?

In the end, you cant ban sharp sticks, and you cant ever prevent personal choice.

To a logical and sane mind this train of thought is like how fem bots exploded in the Austin Powers movie.

over 65,000 AR-15 owners in Canada, own "Patrol Carbines". That is what the police designate and refer to their AR-15's.

Well, I doubt this will go through, but just in case ands I urge all my fellow AR owners do the same as I will automatically challenge that ruling in civil court. That puts the procedure on hold until a ruling is made. Now image if only 10,000 gun owners on 80,000 AR owners do the same. This will paralyse the judicial system in a serious enough way to make them reconsider.