Page 14 of 56 FirstFirst ... 46789101112131415161718192021222434 ... LastLast

Thread: Liberals want to prohibit more assault weapons rather than ban handguns

Quote Originally Posted by grimalkin View Post
    I’m sure it was a valid PAL holder using a legally acquired firearm.. [/sarc]
    I can just see it now...

"This just in, legal gun owners shoot at basketball rally with ar-15 bazooka due to hatred for minorities, more at 6!"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Cocked&Locked's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    We will not stop our hobbies because of the Liberals' threat, bribery and divisive tactics.
    Friend, living free is a lifestyle. Not a mere "hobby".

We will unseat young idiot Trudeau in the coming election. His goons with him.
    We are annoyed by the assumption on the part of certain public figures that the citizen should be able to prove the need for the citizen to acquire a means of protecting himself. The citizens personal needs are certainly no business of the state. Liberty, when it's in place, grants the right of the citizen to do what he chooses, as long as he does not stamp on the rights of others.
    JEFF COOPER

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocked&Locked View Post
    Friend, living free is a lifestyle. Not a mere "hobby".

We will unseat young idiot Trudeau in the coming election. His goons with him.
    Hear, hear. Liberty is not a hobby.
    ***** FREE THE WEST *****

CGN frequent flyer CaptainPhillips's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rifleman762 View Post
    Hear, hear. Liberty is not a hobby.
    Liberty is a lifestyle choice.

Confirmed as forum Captain Obvious by Woodchopper

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainPhillips View Post
    Liberty is a lifestyle choice.

The part it doesn't say is the most important, about what will happen to those that come to take my liberty.

This is not new stuff, but those that would rule us keep forgetting how it turned out the last time for them. Something about the tree of liberty and the blood of tyrants.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnorts View Post
    Ford showed up at a pride parade yesterday. He is eating Trudeau's cereal.
    You'd be surprised by the number of gay conservatives there are in the world. Probably a good idea for a conservative politician to show some solidarity with that community.
    "We are not the kind of country where politicians get to tell the police what to do in operational matters" - Trudeau in Munich, February 17 2020...

CF, CCFR, CSSA, NFA, JP, AF&AM

Quote Originally Posted by BCreserveMP View Post
    You'd be surprised by the number of gay conservatives there are in the world. Probably a good idea for a conservative politician to show some solidarity with that community.
    I know a few gay, cross dressing, etc shooters.... wtf? I really don't care where you choose to put your junk, how your dress, or whatever...... we shoot, and have a commonality, community, contact just because we shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainPhillips View Post
    I know a few gay, cross dressing, etc shooters.... wtf? I really don't care where you choose to put your junk, how your dress, or whatever...... we shoot, and have a commonality, community, contact just because we shoot.
    Exactly. And in the US, the "Pink Pistols" is an org that trains LGBTQ people in armed self-defense and helps them navigate the permit process in whatever state they live in. If we as gun owners were smart we would be reaching out to people in these marginalized communities. If you look at the history of gun control in the US it is *always* about disarming the poor/non-white/threatened communities. check out the Mulford Act, for one example.
    "We are not the kind of country where politicians get to tell the police what to do in operational matters" - Trudeau in Munich, February 17 2020...

CF, CCFR, CSSA, NFA, JP, AF&AM

It’s funny how they call for a ban on an AR-15 yet there are much more dangerous guns and calibers out there. They are banning it because of the reputation it brings and because of its appearance. I’m not joking. For some reason people fear the tactical looking firearms despite not knowing what caliber they shoot. I’ll be honest, I’m okay with certain restrictions on my firearms, like restrictions on attachments for example. I don’t want to end up like the States where it’s the Wild West down there. Either way, the buck has to stop here. Banning a firearm is ridiculous as it’s just going to piss a lot of people off. All of this just to further a small agenda.
    “What can go wrong, will go wrong.” - Murphy’s Law

https://www.680news.com/2019/06/18/b...fore-election/

OTTAWA — Crime Reduction Minister Bill Blair says more must be done to address gun violence, but he is also signalling no new measures will be taken before the fall election.

Blair says steps could — and should — be taken to prevent the theft, illegal diversion and smuggling of handguns.

Entering a cabinet meeting today, Blair is emphasizing the importance of secure storage of firearms to prevent them from being stolen and ending up in the wrong hands.

He says the government is also open to working with municipalities to allow them to decide exactly where, or even if, firearms can be stored within their boundaries.

But Blair says it’s important not only to do the right thing, but to take the time to do it right.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau asked Blair last August to study the possibility of a ban on handguns and assault-style rifles after a shooting spree in Toronto.

The Canadian Press
    ICORE/IPSC/USPSA