Page 24 of 56 FirstFirst ... 41416171819202122232425262728293031323444 ... LastLast

Thread: Liberals want to prohibit more assault weapons rather than ban handguns

This issue has been going on for years and it forces millions of gun owners to cast protest votes rather than true, heart-felt endorsements. The problem isn't with politicians; it is with weak kneed gun owners not sticking together and not having the determination to stop this unnecessary initiation of aggression against them by governments that have no regard for property rights. It is time to march to Ottawa; and demand constitutional protection against these continuous threats against our peaceful enjoyment of our property. Until we have a constitutional amendment that protects citizens from these aggressive and coercive actions, we will never have freedom. Imagine just 500,000 gun owners protesting on Parliament hill … wow. Shall we set a date, book 3 days off work and get something done?

Quote Originally Posted by HappyGunner View Post
    This issue has been going on for years and it forces millions of gun owners to cast protest votes rather than true, heart-felt endorsements. The problem isn't with politicians; it is with weak kneed gun owners not sticking together and not having the determination to stop this unnecessary initiation of aggression against them by governments that have no regard for property rights. It is time to march to Ottawa; and demand constitutional protection against these continuous threats against our peaceful enjoyment of our property. Until we have a constitutional amendment that protects citizens from these aggressive and coercive actions, we will never have freedom. Imagine just 500,000 gun owners protesting on Parliament hill … wow. Shall we set a date, book 3 days off work and get something done?
    I'm up for it - just 499,998 to go!
    We shall pass this way on Earth but once, if there is any kindness we can show, or good act we can do, let us do it now, for we will never pass this way again - Stephen Grellet
    East Grey Hunters & Anglers Association (visit us at http://eghaa.ca)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mike Oxbig's Avatar
    Tried to watch him on TV today during his speech. He was fear mongering and exaggerating so hard that I began to wonder if he even believes what he's preaching himself.
    Last edited by Mike Oxbig; 10-01-2019 at 07:04 PM. Reason: edit

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Milanczar's Avatar
    Cabin boy aboard the New England whaler Pequod
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Oxbig View Post
    Someone should point out that these high powered .223 "assault rifles designed to kill the most people in the least time" aren't even powerful enough for us to legally allow them to be used to efficiently kill deer with in Canada.
    Which they will point out is a reason to question those 'other' more powerful firearms......no?......
    The path to my fixed purpose is laid with iron rails, whereon my soul is grooved to run.
    - Moby Dick, Herman Melville

Exclamation Every Liberal says they want a handgun ban, but nobody actually wants to do it.

Last week Trudy said they'd take care of the "Assault-type rifles" and let the individual municipalities handle the confiscation of all the handguns.
    This evening he seemed to be saying His Government would be willing to do it, but only if they had to. So, there he was on the news, backed by a chorus of "mayors".

A question was asked of the mayors--something like, "OK, How many of you would like to see the Federal government take over the banning of handguns? Let's see a show of hands!".... Immediately a few hands shot up, then a few nervously gave those old wimpy Nazi-style half-salutes, while a few looked around or pretended to drop their pencils or tie their shoes. Then the commentator was like, "Well, there you have it, folks: The mayors of Canada's municipalities are in favour of a total handgun ban!" (cut to commercial).

Canada is looking more and more like a Third World country every day. Am I getting smarter, or are our politicians just dumming their messages down to aim at the lowest common denominator? Do they really believe we're that stupid? I'm worried about the direction Canada's "democracy" is headed.

Lightbulb Your MARCH ON OTTAWA:

I think it's a great idea! That would be a way of increasing voters' awareness of our concerns regarding this threat to Canada's democracy.
    So far, the "gun control issue" is being treated as a side show by the media, the candidates, and sadly, by most voters.
    So, howzit going? Are you getting much response?
    I've got the time, but living 'way out here off the west coast, I'd have to'crowd-source' my travel expenses.
    Maybe try focusing your efforts in Ontario for now.
    And, (uh-oh), maybe you waited too long to unleash your idea of marching--our election is less than two weeks away (scarce time to organize a march of that magnitude). Once the voting's over and the votes counted, I think the die is cast, and changing course will be a lot more difficult; once our guns are gone...they're gone (and they won't be coming back for a long time.

Did everyone miss the turds press conference with all the mayors from the GTA in the background?
    Trudeau said in that one that right up there with the AR's the Assault Style rifles he is going to ban are the ones used by the two Losers from B.C. used in their rampage.
    He then cranks out the picture of two SKS. Good luck finding any of those.

CGN frequent flyer
    There are probably hundreds of thousands of SKSs alone in Canada. How many people are the Liberals willing to imprison because I dont see them being turned in
    f:P

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Milanczar's Avatar
    Cabin boy aboard the New England whaler Pequod
    Quote Originally Posted by HotSoup View Post
    There are probably hundreds of thousands of SKSs alone in Canada. How many people are the Liberals willing to imprison because I dont see them being turned in
    Seems like a bottomless PR opportunity to continue to blame Law abiding Canadians for endless criminal gun violence.

Like an endless smokescreen to hide real issues in society behind that you are doing nothing to solve.

A big stick to beat one of your political opponents strongest dedicated supporting groups.

A great wave of manufactured 'public safety pantomime' for Bill and Ralph to surf on.

Who could ask for anything better?
    The path to my fixed purpose is laid with iron rails, whereon my soul is grooved to run.
    - Moby Dick, Herman Melville

There is ONLY one way to fix this folks VOTE THEM OUT or your guns are gone! END of story. And if re-elected they wont stop at just semi sporting rifles, it will be everything the assh0les dont like the look of.