Page 28 of 56 FirstFirst ... 81820212223242526272829303132333435363848 ... LastLast

Thread: Liberals want to prohibit more assault weapons rather than ban handguns

CGN Regular
    Unfortunately I don’t think this will be put in back burner at all but it won’t happen overnight. The life expectancy of minority governments in Canada is roughly 18 months. 2000000 pal holders and family and friends didn’t seem to have much of an impact on the election but we can try to fight this in court and delay and cost the government as much time and money until then making them look bad in the public eye. I still think they’ll end up grandfathering but that’s not a win for us either. Delay until next election and maybe conservatives can get there #### together and Trudeau can have more time to mess everything up.

Trudeau won’t last 2 years he’s gonna have his hands full trying to keep the west from separating

Quote Originally Posted by Therapy View Post
    Unfortunately I don’t think this will be put in back burner at all but it won’t happen overnight. The life expectancy of minority governments in Canada is roughly 18 months. 2000000 pal holders and family and friends didn’t seem to have much of an impact on the election but we can try to fight this in court and delay and cost the government as much time and money until then making them look bad in the public eye. I still think they’ll end up grandfathering but that’s not a win for us either. Delay until next election and maybe conservatives can get there #### together and Trudeau can have more time to mess everything up.
    I tend to agree.. I don't think some iteration of gun reform will be necessarily back-burner'd as some would like to say. I think Trudeau will be looking to score as many "quick wins" as possible before the minority government implodes. As quoted above most of these governments start failing after 18months. The Liberals will seek to have as many "victories" as possible to boost their campaign for when such a time arises. Liberals need very little support in order to start putting left'ist popular opinion-type Bills into motion, either with legitimate left-wing (NDP) support for this anti-gun movement, OR by buying votes from the Bloc with an agreement to support one or more of their agendas...you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours. Don't kid yourselfs Trudeau is still very very committed and loyal to Quebec, and as a result Quebec holds a tremendous amount of voting influence. Bickering and squawbling and a tug-of-war with nothing to show for it over the huge federal political issues won't achieve anything for anybody when this minority collaspses.

my $.02 fwiw , this is all a sad reality indeed =(

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclone View Post
    Makes one wonder which present police top-brass are would-be Bill Blairs in-waiting....
    They are all politicians at that level. Mostly self serving and untrustworthy. Only a couple of Chiefs stand out over the years as independent thinkers.

It did surprise me that the CACP came out against the firearms ban.

CGN Regular
    It would be good if Canadian gun lobbyists could all get along on the same page and raise money and fight this together. From what I gather though our gun lobbyists don’t get along to well.

A commercial saying liberals want to spend millions of tax dollars to take away legal guns and have no affect on illegal guns would be nice to see but not really have any results. I think the best way to spend any money contributed is to fight every step of the way legally.

We're screwed. Simply put? This wasn't supposed to happen but too many people split the vote! Bernier and the PPC are the reason that Justin got a second term! I'm really disappointed (understatement of the century) in people. They fell for the trap and it may well have cost us EVERYTHING.
    Keep fighting the good fight!
    CCFR-CSSA-NFA. 12(2), 12(3), 12(4), 12(6.1), 12(7)..... <What???? Okay! Okay I'm dreaming. I'll probably NEVER get to join the PROHIB club.

BANNED
    The only reason why they are targeting AR platforms and rifles alike (possibly all semi autos) is because these are the only guns that could be a serious tools against the oppressive government.
    They are afraid of us being well armed. Wake up people. They are coming for them.

Quote Originally Posted by BG011 View Post
    The only reason why they are targeting AR platforms and rifles alike (possibly all semi autos) is because these are the only guns that could be a serious tools against the oppressive government.
    They are afraid of us being well armed. Wake up people. They are coming for them.
    then you should join the AR family ......

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by j2kool View Post
    then you should join the AR family ......
    Am I wrong?
    Look at the rhetorics they are using “military style assault rifles”, “weapons of war”, “gun violence” (not gang violence), “high capacity magazines” which are standard capacity 30 round mags...
    Same recipe the DemoNcrats are using in US.

Quote Originally Posted by BG011 View Post
    An armed population are citizens and an unarmed population are subjects..