Page 30 of 56 FirstFirst ... 102022232425262728293031323334353637384050 ... LastLast

Thread: Liberals want to prohibit more assault weapons rather than ban handguns

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackWatch View Post
    this was your first post ever. This is a radical statement. You are saying the only reason the government wants to ban the AR is because they are scared of us... they are the only guns that can be used against the oppressive govt. Then you reiterate the point saying they are afraid of us being well armed.

Here you are basically agreeing with the supposed govt position that these weapons can be used to depose a govt. and that they are ONLY guns that can be used against them. We do not have the weapons that can challenge a military which is the govt. This is not an oppressive govt and definitely not a totalitarian govt since we just had a free election.

Anyway, a first post like that is highly suspect considering the timing. The antigun groups would love to see a forum like this openly discussing an armed insurrection. Posts like yours are great bait to start such a conversation when emotions are running high after the election results, especially from a brand new member here.

This part was edited later. This is why I’m highlighting it.
    See if you approached me like this none of these arguments would come up.
    I understand your fear and you are probably right about anti gun people monitoring this forum.
    At the same time I think it’s important to let them know that we are not stupid and we know what’s going on here. I’m not baiting anyone. I just think we should stop bending over.
    What government is doing right now is a cowardly act and it’s supported by mainstream media. Mainstream media should be neutral and they are clearly siding with those who support ban on handguns and semi autos. It’s is clear that they are saying everything in favour of anti gun lobby and discrediting everything we have to say. This is pretty much a criminal act. Is there one TV channel or radio station that supports our rights? No and they will make sure there isn’t one. They will shot it down so quickly like there is no tomorrow. This doesn’t look like oppression to you? Why is it that all mainstream media is supporting gun bans and stricter gun laws? Aren’t we treated like potential criminals already? Why? Why are they afraid of us? Why are we restricted to 5 round magazines in centre fire guns and who decides that should be the limit? Who decides on how many rounds I should have in my magazine? Who’s the expert? Don’t forget one thing, we are law abiding citizens and we don’t deserve to be oppressed with new gun restrictions and gun bans. We don’t deserve to be treated like “potential” criminals.
    This is not right and instead of barking at them we should do what? Put the tail between our legs and hand them over? Why?
    It bothers me. This is why I’m comparing our gun ban scenario with UK, Australia, NZ...
    If I sounded radical, that was not my intention but I can definitely see what’s happening.
    Emotions are running high but that doesn’t mean we should suppress them. It’s a natural response to injustice.
    Every freak in this country has some rights, where are our rights?
    Last edited by BG011; 10-23-2019 at 12:00 AM.

CGN Regular
    In my opinion the only reason they are wanting to ban ARs , other semis or handguns is purely political to say look what we are doing to stop gun violence.

We know that the majority of firearms being used to commit crimes are smuggled in from the US. Unfortunately there are too many ill informed people out there that hear the plan, dont give it more than 10 seconds of thought and think it’s a good idea.

CGN Regular
    Really at this point why they want to take them isn’t as important as what can we do to stop them.

BANNED
    What is your plan? No one is going to even protest this gun ban. You’ll see. Just like everything else that gets voted behind closed doors in this country. It just gets accepted with some minor arguing here and there.
    They have mainstream media on their side and tons of clueless sheeple absorbing scripted news.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Therapy View Post
    In my opinion the only reason they are wanting to ban ARs , other semis or handguns is purely political to say look what we are doing to stop gun violence.

We know that the majority of firearms being used to commit crimes are smuggled in from the US. Unfortunately there are too many ill informed people out there that hear the plan, dont give it more than 10 seconds of thought and think it’s a good idea.
    There is no such a thing as “gun violence”. Don’t use their rhetorics.
    There is violence or gang related violence.
    “Gun violence” term is a part of anti gun propaganda.

CGN Regular
    That’s why I am hoping one of the gun lobbys can unite us and come up with a plan we can all follow. If there is a protest I will show up and protest. I will donate money for a legal battle. I will stall and delay however I can . Hopefully there is another election in 18 months, no guns have been confiscated, enough of the rest of Canada can realize what a douche Trudeau is and the conservatives can get there act together get elected and throw away any ban.

CGN Regular
    I’m open to suggestions of a better way to word it. Violence or gang related violence has no reference if a firearm was used or not. Maybe crimes committed with a gun would have been better wording for me to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
    They are all politicians at that level. Mostly self serving and untrustworthy. Only a couple of Chiefs stand out over the years as independent thinkers.

It did surprise me that the CACP came out against the firearms ban.
    Maybe not so surprising. They know instinctively that its their members who will be enforcing the ban, and in that role they will be running up against the core beliefs of citizens who will not respond well to being forcibly disarmed. Is a surefire recipe for a Canadian Ruby Ridge, or perhaps several of them. There's no way to come out of that looking like the good guy.

I agree that you need to rally, if you give slack they will constantly do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Maybe not so surprising. They know instinctively that its their members who will be enforcing the ban, and in that role they will be running up against the core beliefs of citizens who will not respond well to being forcibly disarmed. Is a surefire recipe for a Canadian Ruby Ridge, or perhaps several of them. There's no way to come out of that looking like the good guy.
    Yup worried about the safety of their members first and foremost which they should be, why poke the hornets nest. They are making people into criminals and there is potential big time blow back. All it takes is a few incidents and the stomach won't be there for anymore of it. Also forced confiscations are treading very much into brown shirt territory. Following orders wasn't a valid excuse in Nuremberg.
    “I remember watching Bambi for the first time when I was little and my favourite part was when they killed Bambi's mother because I knew somewhere the hunter’s family was eating good that night never understood why they made him out to be the bad guy”