Page 7 of 56 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151727 ... LastLast

Thread: Liberals want to prohibit more assault weapons rather than ban handguns

We all need to step up with some kind of concrete action and stop with useless whining.
    Besides sending letters to your local MP, we need to ask ourselves; how many people did I talk with today about coming elections
    clarifying about what Liberals are doing against Canadians on every major segment of life?
    Like India scandal? Or welcoming returning ISIS butchers? Pipelines? broken promises and what not?
    Talk to people left and right when outside or at work or using public transportation or waiting in line to pay for groceries, or to friendly bank tellers,
    we can always start a decent and respectful conversation wherever we go. We must show with our actions that we support our "keyboard heroism".
    Just remember to remain calm if liberals start yapping at you, have a smile on your face and calmly respond with the right questions to allow them to come to a conclusion on their own pace...People just need more information and often defend their viewpoints based on what leaders and media tell them.
    How to make a difference in fight against the communists?
    1. Vote for CPC 2. Join CCFR and CSSA (not NFA ) 3. Write letters to your Member of Parliament 4. Continue to be upstanding citizen

CGN Ultra frequent flyer squidxm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by anton520b View Post
    We all need to step up with some kind of concrete action and stop with useless whining.
    Besides sending letters to your local MP, we need to ask ourselves; how many people did I talk with today about coming elections
    clarifying about what Liberals are doing against Canadians on every major segment of life?
    Like India scandal? Or welcoming returning ISIS butchers? Pipelines? broken promises and what not?
    Talk to people left and right when outside or at work or using public transportation or waiting in line to pay for groceries, or to friendly bank tellers,
    we can always start a decent and respectful conversation wherever we go. We must show with our actions that we support our "keyboard heroism".
    Just remember to remain calm if liberals start yapping at you, have a smile on your face and calmly respond with the right questions to allow them to come to a conclusion on their own pace...People just need more information and often defend their viewpoints based on what leaders and media tell them.
    I’ve been writing my local mp for a few years now (he has been pushing for bans within the city’s limits and central storage system for a while now). I wrote him after c71 passed and mentioned that the legislation along with the ban rumour prompted me to buy a few more guns. His parliamentary assistant wrote back and asked me not to email the office anymore because it may negatively affect some staffers due to the effects of the Danforth shooting and accused me of threatening the mp. Apparently it is criminal for me to buy and own firearms legally.

CGN frequent flyer Bad Lieutenant's Avatar
    “I believe that [banning handguns] would be potentially a very expensive proposition but just as importantly, it would not in my opinion be perhaps the most effective measure in restricting the access that criminals would have to such weapons, because we’d still have a problem with them being smuggled across the border,” said Mr. Blair, Minister of Border Security and Organized Crime Reduction.
    Well, he said it. And if that applies to handguns, then it applies just as equally to AR-15s and any other currently legal semi-auto sport/hunting rifles and carbines. (It should also apply to most of the prohibs, but I digress).

Yes, I hope that we get rid of these foolish twits in October, but while I also hope for a Conservative majority, it would be nice if they delivered more than a few watered-down half-measures at the last minute that could be easily reversed with a few quick strokes of a pen.

In other words, re-vamp the entire firearms act from top to bottom. Scrap all the orders OICs and prohibs (except for automatics?), remove the RCMP from any decision-making process and have classifications done by a more common--sense approach as opposed to; "All the bad guys in the movies use AK-47s so let's prohibit them!" ...and the like.

There is no reason to prohibit 4" pistol barrels or 16" rifle barrels, or .25 and .32 cal pistols. Many prohibs and restricteds are functionally the exact same and many other non-restricteds and should be listed as such until proven otherwise by a body that is unbiased, transparent, accessible and accountable. They would give recommendations to parliament for changes to the act regarding firearm classifications, going forward.

Bah... one can only dream. But anyway. I suppose the pull-back on the announced AR-15 ban is good news for now. I suppose the lot of us suddenly buying up tens of thousands of ARs in the last week or so sent a message. (I bought one). Good for all you for speaking up and pushing back in this way.

Cheers,
    BLt.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
    "This whole war could have been avoided. Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this." - Tony Soprano

The manufacture and sales of these rifles support many jobs. Why does Trudeau want to destroy Canadian jobs?

This was his key argument to protect SNC - a corporation charged with bribery and corruption (an actual criminal case).

At the very least as gun owner we sould be voicing our concerns to Ottawa.
    Write letters, write letters often, send then to everyone, it is free.
    My latest to
    PM, Blair, Goodale and my MP.

For those who think letters don't get read, they do, it maybe some staffer but it is noted.

THE RIGHT HONOURABLE JUSTIN TRUDEAU
    House of Commons
    Ottawa, ON
    K1A 0A6

May 19 2019

Sir;

I would like to inform you of my grave concern on hearing that a national hand gun ban is being considered.

National media is reporting today that this ban is planned to be accomplished by a Federal order or an Order in Council.

I like many other law abiding citizens would find this application of further firearms restrictions as an abuse of power by the Government of Canada and that it directly punishes its law abiding citizens unjustly.

Do not implement a national hand gun ban or any other measure that restricts the lawful use of firearms by Canadian citizens.

As a citizen of Canada I am requesting that a response from you outlining your intentions.

Respectfully and with great distress
    “The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is
    that a warrior takes everything as a challenge, while an ordinary
    man takes everything as a blessing or as a curse.”
    ― Don Juan Matus

CGN frequent flyer CaptainPhillips's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by caramel View Post
    I still think he is finished and I still think that if we hold together we can force him to put a knee down.
    I would much rather see his neck in a noose. The problem with the knee is he might try to come back, the noose not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Lieutenant View Post
    (except for automatics?)
    Much as I like your post, there is always a problem with the word "except"; this was the weasel out word used in our Charter of Rights that made it a completely useless document. Designed to placate and pacify the "subjects'. Fundamental human rights do not ever have "except" clauses; "except" clauses are introduced by the privileged (monarchs, governments, etc) to desperately cling to their power over the people. If they have "except" clauses they cannot be fundamental, can they?
    Last edited by CaptainPhillips; 06-15-2019 at 10:46 PM.
    Confirmed as forum Captain Obvious by Woodchopper

CGN Regular
    Who gives him the confidence in staying in power after election?
    Political correctness, cancel culture and allyship are communist tools.
    Laws and orders keep a prosperous society.
    Disarming citizens for safety is a blatant liberal lie.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer steamy teabag's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Obsessed View Post
    The manufacture and sales of these rifles support many jobs. Why does Trudeau want to destroy Canadian jobs?

This was his key argument to protect SNC - a corporation charged with bribery and corruption (an actual criminal case).
    300k direct and indirect lost jobs in the West because of the Turd and Snotly supporting ultra radicalized environmentalists and imposing carbon crushing taxation. You think he or the Libs give one hoot about families that make a living from legal FA's. Nothing but dog $h!t to them.
    luceo non uro
    Canadians have (a) the right of the individual to life, liberty, security of the person and enjoyment of property, and the right not to be deprived thereof.

Never in doubt, seldom correct.

CGN frequent flyer CaptainPhillips's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steamy teabag View Post
    300k direct and indirect lost jobs in the West because of the Turd and Snotly supporting ultra radicalized environmentalists and imposing carbon crushing taxation. You think he or the Libs give one hoot about families that make a living from legal FA's. Nothing but dog $h!t to them.
    This is the classic problem of democratic systems, when the useless parasites eventually outnumber the useful and productive voters. It's very easy to vote for all the rainbows and unicorns when someone else has to pay the piper. IMHO we passed that critical point in 2015 with the "sunny ways", virtue signalling douchebag Prime Moron getting elected.

Question? So as we get screwed by outrageous burdens to pay for all this "sunny ways" shyte, is anyone tossing those useless, liberal voting parasites out of "mommies" basements, to go out and "get a job"? Nothing teaches "conservative" values quite as well as actually paying rent and buying groceries.
    Last edited by CaptainPhillips; 06-15-2019 at 11:03 PM.
    Confirmed as forum Captain Obvious by Woodchopper

if ever there is a time when everyone should get guns and stockpile ammo it's when the government says "give up your guns, the government will keep you safe."