Page 33 of 56 FirstFirst ... 132325262728293031323334353637383940414353 ... LastLast

Thread: Liberals want to prohibit more assault weapons rather than ban handguns

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bogusiii's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maple57 View Post

So think that through... this gun bad will only throw light on the problem of whatever is left after the ban as that is what will be used for crimes.

There is no end to it... if they ban guns because its used in a crime, then that thinking will eventually ban all guns... then swords, bows, sharp sticks, rocks... etc.

As long as they are permitted to blame the tool and not the perp, this trend will continue.
    Completely true. If they ban a class of firearm as 'the cause' of gun violence and there is no dip in crime because the ban was useless from the start, instead of acknowledging that they will double down and go after the rest claiming the ban just didn't go far enough. Predictably when the complete ban occurs and there is still gun violence, well who cares. They will be safe guarded by guns and collecting a pension.

CGN frequent flyer
    Even if all guns are eliminated from society, there will still be violence in the world.

It will just change form.

Just look back in time to Romans killing each other with knives and swords. If that's all people can get, that is what will be used.

I've seen on the news where this is already happening lately.

The worst part of blade violence is that it is silent. At least a gun audibly announces its discharge and notifies people.
    Any policy is a success by sufficiently low standards, and a failure by sufficiently high standards.

A high post count means nothing… A high burned out barrel count means everything…

Even if all guns are eliminated from society, there will still be violence in the world.

Just look back in time to Romans killing each other with knives and swords. If that's all people can get, that is what will be used.

The worst part of blade violence is that it is silent. At least a gun audibly announces its discharge and notifies people.
    You're absolutely right. Don't forget, 9/11 was a case of highjackers using box cutters... Only THEN did the plane become the weapon.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Juster's Avatar
    Instead of being troubled by what is really evil, people make a big fuss over what is merely conventionally evil. -Diogenes

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CLW .45's Avatar
    Liberals want to prohibit more assault weapons rather than ban handguns

A reminder - Liberals want to ban everything.

At each step, the only question is, “How much can we get away with this time.”

They aren’t just terrified of us being armed, they are terrified that we will coalesce into a major voting block that they cannot defeat.

Meanwhile, we waste our efforts fighting the latest ban, using the same tactics that have failed for half a century of fighting the latest ban.
    - Gun Control is about making it unlawful for you to use, carry, or possess a firearm.
    - All restrictions/prohibitions must be repealed.
    - Middle ground? What middle ground?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Steve140's Avatar
    They’re just going after long guns because they’re not used in murders much anyway. Then they can say they made the country safer. If they ban handguns the street gangs will still be shooting themselves the next day so it won’t look like it accomplished anything not that it would.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bogusiii View Post
    Completely true. If they ban a class of firearm as 'the cause' of gun violence and there is no dip in crime because the ban was useless from the start, instead of acknowledging that they will double down and go after the rest claiming the ban just didn't go far enough. Predictably when the complete ban occurs and there is still gun violence, well who cares. They will be safe guarded by guns and collecting a pension.
    Also the left is thinking long term. On top of what you are saying, after a few years will pass since all guns are banned by pushing propaganda everyone still alive that owned a gun will be perceived by the public as a old nut guy and possible dangerous. If there are no more people around owning gun that can show what gun ownership means bringing back gun ownership will be almost impossible. It happened in Eastern Europe under communists. The only reason some countries brought it back after 2000 is because they went through a revolution when the $hit hit the fan. Otherwise people simply think what they are told - guns are dangerous and only government should have them, and the government is taking care of you. People need to be educated so they are not afraid of guns. Remember how in the 60s 70s kids had shooting ranges at school and went with the rifle there to practice? Now this would be an outrage. But this is how they started . They removed any mean for the public to be informed and then they started pumping their lies.

CGN Regular

This is why when there is a shooting in a house people call the police but if there was a stabbing they might find them after days or weeks when it starts to stink. But regardless this I always thought that the big problem here is that in the case of a home invasion no matter what you use The media and the snowflakes will portray you as the bad guy. They think the best defence is to call 911 if you are attacked. And you are right about the use of knives. Lately in Toronto I see an increase in stabbings in some areas. I wonder if those are just people that have no access to guns, or some gangs that prefer to use knives.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Milanczar's Avatar
    Cabin boy aboard the New England whaler Pequod
    Just this morning Trudeau on CBC while doing a photo op in Scarborough Ontario to pander to the GTA, Trudeau again declared that the government will be moving to ban semi automatic assault weapons very soon.
    The path to my fixed purpose is laid with iron rails, whereon my soul is grooved to run.
    - Moby Dick, Herman Melville

Quote Originally Posted by jtor View Post
    This is why when there is a shooting in a house people call the police but if there was a stabbing they might find them after days or weeks when it starts to stink. But regardless this I always thought that the big problem here is that in the case of a home invasion no matter what you use The media and the snowflakes will portray you as the bad guy. They think the best defence is to call 911 if you are attacked. And you are right about the use of knives. Lately in Toronto I see an increase in stabbings in some areas. I wonder if those are just people that have no access to guns, or some gangs that prefer to use knives.
    No don t we are going down the same path as the UK