Page 1 of 55 1234567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: Stop the motion on Bill C-21 regulations: Freezing Handgun Transfer

Stop the motion on Bill C-21 regulations: Freezing Handgun Transfer

SECU is set to vote on a motion Tuesday June 14th to approve regulations that will freeze handgun transfers. They have cited the run on handguns as reason to pass the motion immediately.

The run on handguns is basically over, with almost all transfers initiated.

However, 1000s of private transfers have yet to be initiated due to the complete failure of service at the CFP. Many of these private transfers involve collectible and vintage firearms from older sellers passing their property down to the next generation.

We must ensure that these firearms are transferred.

Let's pressure the committee members to study this regulation in accordance with fair democratic principles, specifically the NDP and Bloc members:

Everything must be done to stop this motion from passing before the summer break.

Consider calling or emailing the above members and highlighting the following:
    • Inventory at retailers is already sold out, prematurely passing the regulation will not prevent a run on handguns
    • Licensed individuals are not able to initiate private transfers given that the Canadian Firearms Program is overwhelmed
    • These private transfers are made up of people trying to pass down collectible and vintage firearms of important historical importance
    • Many sellers are pensioners and older folks on tight budgets trying to get fair market value for their collectibles before a freeze is implemented

Is it a long shot? Yes. Is it naive? Perhaps. But the issue of private transfers is being ignored outside the firearms community. We need to do whatever we can, before it's too late.

Update:
    The June 14th committee meeting was canceled. Next meeting is scheduled for June 16th.

Update 2:
    Week of June 20th is the last opportunity for SECU to approve the regulation. Minutes from the June 16th meeting have not been published.
    During June 20th's Bill C-21 second reading debate, Liberals reference the failed attempt by the committee to approve the regulation on the 9th. (This seems to indicate that they are not going to pursue this motion again and want to use the failed attempt as political capital to paint the Conservatives as uncooperative.)

Update 3:
    Last scheduled SECU meeting (June 23rd) is over. House has risen for the summer. Regulation will likely not pass until October.
    Last edited by relayer1989; 06-23-2022 at 04:52 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Thank you for your information...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer drift1122's Avatar
    Sent. I'm sick of being political fodder
    CCFR/NFA

Alistair is a useless tool. He has never replied to any emails sent to him.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sulisa's Avatar
    Too late to go with emails and calls. We're down to protesting, picketing, and blockading politicians.

Bullies need to be put in their place. The time for politeness has passed.

Do you actually think these people have feelings? That they could possibly feel for us or even care what we think about this?

These politicians are heartless, soulless creatures who only know one thing and one thing only: tow the party line. You may as well send Bill Blair an email asking him to bring back the AR-15.

It's actually kind of funny how every time the Liberals screw us over, we respond by sending them mean emails and politely asking them to stop. It's no wonder how we ended up in this position.

If you actually want to make yourself useful. Go out and buy a handgun, convince your family, friends or coworkers to get their gun license and get them into the hobby, donate to the CCFR and the Conservative party, support your local gun shop, there's a million useful things you can do, but for the love of God stop sending emails.

Quote Originally Posted by S-357 View Post
    Alistair is a useless tool. He has never replied to any emails sent to him.
    Probably has a filter set up with anything involving 'firearms' or 'rights' and goes straight to junk.

CGN Regular
    In response to TopShelf97's comment, I have spent many hours in the last week and a half trying to initiate the transfer of two handguns to a friend. Not being able to get through I sent several polite but to the point emails to our Yukon MP pointing out the obvious lack of planning on the part of the CFC to hire more staff to handle the transfer requests, as well as the ATT requests and the long gun reference number requests. The third note I copied to Mendicino, Blair and RCMP Commissioner Lucki this Tuesday. Yesterday, out of the blue, I got a call from the CFC saying they were aware I wanted to transfer some handguns and could they help me. So I got the transfer reference number for these two revolvers. Then I asked the CFC agent how she had known to call me. She told me the CFC had received a copy of one of my emails and so found my phone number and called. An exceptional exception, no doubt, but sometimes emails do pay off.

Quote Originally Posted by relayer1989 View Post
    SECU is set to vote on a motion Tuesday June 14th to approve regulations that will freeze handgun transfers. They have cited the run on handguns as reason to pass the motion immediately.

The run on handguns is basically over, with almost all transfers initiated........
    This is bad news, where is it coming from, can you provide us with a link?

Quote Originally Posted by relayer1989 View Post
    Can you post the source for this so we can look further? Thanks.

Page 1 of 55 1234567891121 ... LastLast