Page 36 of 56 FirstFirst ... 1626282930313233343536373839404142434446 ... LastLast

Thread: Liberals want to prohibit more assault weapons rather than ban handguns

Thanks for putting this train back on the rails. :0 ]

We all know they will completely ignore any real crime statistics and just fabricate their own to push their agenda sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by VanIsleCam View Post
    Same for drugs? Fentanyl and other opiods in particular?
    Some are in short supply. Vancouver in particular is getting dry. And of course our leadership's response isn't "hey, what a great opportunity for you to get sober", but more like "let's subsidize your income a little more in order of offset the increasing cost of your illegal, destructive drug habit".

And there may be a slight blip in the cross-border supply of illegal guns, but there's no real way to track it. Of course nobody is adequately policing the Akwesasne territory because that would be racist.

One way to measure the supply would be to keep track on the number of attempts to steal from gun stores, like the recent smash & grab at Urban Tactical. If they are on the increase, one factor *could be* a shortage of guns through the usual illegal channels. Of course, with more people unemployed and otherwise idle, that, alone, could explain an increase in property crime.
    "We are not the kind of country where politicians get to tell the police what to do in operational matters" - Trudeau in Munich, February 17 2020...

CF, CCFR, CSSA, NFA, JP, AF&AM

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CLW .45 View Post
    A reminder - Liberals want to ban everything.

At each step, the only question is, “How much can we get away with this time.”

They aren’t just terrified of us being armed, they are terrified that we will coalesce into a major voting block that they cannot defeat.

Meanwhile, we waste our efforts fighting the latest ban, using the same tactics that have failed for half a century of fighting the latest ban.
    It's called the firearm elimination plan and started 40 years ago with the senior turd. Everything they intended to do they have done.

You know what we honestly need, and right wing politics in general need, is better PR. Every purple haired, jobless, 0 value added trash heap is on every social media platform trashing our values and our politics virtually unopposed. Its a known fact that in both the USA and Canada the media is heavily slanted left. What this does is create a constant drumming of a narrative to the silent majority that right wing/ gun owner = bad. Im appalled at how bad the Public relations departments are for our groups. We need a media voice making several points to average Canadians on a regular basis that let them know the facts 1) Canada has virtually NO gun crime outside of gang activity. 2) Gun owners are not weird physcos, and are normal people from the country and the city, who are passionate about their hobby in the same way they love their hobbies, 3) laws can not continue to punish law abiding tax paying, productive members of society, because criminals choose to ignore the laws. That is a road that leads to us to bloody Stalinism...

Quote Originally Posted by iiiuminatus View Post
    You know what we honestly need, and right wing politics in general need, is better PR. Every purple haired, jobless, 0 value added trash heap is on every social media platform trashing our values and our politics virtually unopposed. Its a known fact that in both the USA and Canada the media is heavily slanted left. What this does is create a constant drumming of a narrative to the silent majority that right wing/ gun owner = bad. Im appalled at how bad the Public relations departments are for our groups. We need a media voice making several points to average Canadians on a regular basis that let them know the facts 1) Canada has virtually NO gun crime outside of gang activity. 2) Gun owners are not weird physcos, and are normal people from the country and the city, who are passionate about their hobby in the same way they love their hobbies, 3) laws can not continue to punish law abiding tax paying, productive members of society, because criminals choose to ignore the laws. That is a road that leads to us to bloody Stalinism...
    Compounded with the fact that even Elon Musk still hasn't filed suit against CNN for all of their fake news stories about the ventilators. There seems to be an attitude that the media can never be sued for spreading false information, even though it's totally possible! We need to drown them in lawsuits. Protesting hasn't worked for us. Far too few of our crowd can make it. Yes, I am fully aware we just signed the biggest e-petition in history but it most likely fell on deaf ears. Especially in the wake of today's senseless tragedy.
    Keep fighting the good fight!
    CCFR-CSSA-NFA. 12(2), 12(3), 12(4), 12(6.1), 12(7)..... <What???? Okay! Okay I'm dreaming. I'll probably NEVER get to join the PROHIB club.

Quote Originally Posted by iiiuminatus View Post
    You know what we honestly need, and right wing politics in general need, is better PR. ......
    Agreed. I very grudgingly maintain my membership to the NFA but, man, those guys just don't know how to field reporters' questions. Every time I see them on TV I'm face-palming my way through it.

Like one time recently at a city council meeting (Toronto?), the spokesman was being grilled about "assault weapons" and basically got tricked by a city councilor into saying full-auto should be allowed. It would have been so easy for him to say "we don't want to change the (firearms) regulations, we just want to preserve the existing ones, because they work", but instead he got duped and came-off as a "gun nut". I've asked them questions about previous events only to find that things they have stated publicly cannot be independently verified. I find myself constantly disappointed by their lack of credibility and preparedness. I know they mean well but they're just not effective speakers.

And, again, the CCFR spent all that money driving an "awareness" motorhome across the country, but they only really rallied in places where people are generally pro-gun. They were preaching to the converted. It was a good gesture, but how many opinions did it change?

I really wish the CCFR CSSA and NFA could work together, and hire a proper PR firm.
    Last edited by BCreserveMP; 04-20-2020 at 02:17 PM.
    "We are not the kind of country where politicians get to tell the police what to do in operational matters" - Trudeau in Munich, February 17 2020...

Quote Originally Posted by TylerM View Post
    ...Yes, I am fully aware we just signed the biggest e-petition in history but it most likely fell on deaf ears. Especially in the wake of today's senseless tragedy.
    Don't even get me started. That may have been the biggest e-petition in Canadian history, but 92%(!) of PAL holders couldn't even be arsed to sign it.

The hammer is coming. Simply do not comply. Your resistance only needs to last longer than this government holds power. This government likely will not survive the pandemic.

I'm sure in light of this tragedy we will see a sweeping OiC within the month, But implementation and enforcement takes much, much longer and the logistics of a "buyback" are going to be further complicated by the fact this government has already shot its four year budget wad within the first four months of year one, due to covid-19.

In the meantime, a lot of people will be canoeing. It's a nice, relaxing activity that can easily be done while maintaining social distance.

Quote Originally Posted by BCreserveMP View Post
    The hammer is coming. Simply do not comply. Your resistance only needs to last longer than this government holds power. This government likely will not survive the pandemic.

I'm sure in light of this tragedy we will see a sweeping OiC within the month, But implementation and enforcement takes much, much longer and the logistics of a "buyback" are going to be further complicated by the fact this government has already shot its four year budget wad within the first four months of year one, due to covid-19.

In the meantime, a lot of people will be canoeing. It's a nice, relaxing activity that can easily be done while maintaining social distance.
    Are you kidding? Trudeau is just handing out money to everyone! He is running us into right into the ground. Everyone make no mistake about it! He WANTS this country to burn to the ground. Sigh.
    Keep fighting the good fight!
    CCFR-CSSA-NFA. 12(2), 12(3), 12(4), 12(6.1), 12(7)..... <What???? Okay! Okay I'm dreaming. I'll probably NEVER get to join the PROHIB club.