Page 15 of 56 FirstFirst ... 578910111213141516171819202122232535 ... LastLast

Thread: Liberals want to prohibit more assault weapons rather than ban handguns

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Milanczar's Avatar
    Cabin boy aboard the New England whaler Pequod
    Quote Originally Posted by AVari View Post
    It’s funny how they call for a ban on an AR-15 yet there are much more dangerous guns and calibers out there. They are banning it because of the reputation it brings and because of its appearance. I’m not joking. For some reason people fear the tactical looking firearms despite not knowing what caliber they shoot. I’ll be honest, I’m okay with certain restrictions on my firearms, like restrictions on attachments for example. I don’t want to end up like the States where it’s the Wild West down there. Either way, the buck has to stop here. Banning a firearm is ridiculous as it’s just going to piss a lot of people off. All of this just to further a small agenda.
    Going after a small fish like .223 is like going after the .25 and .32 and short barrel hand firearms.

They leave us with the short end of the stick.

They later can then say that the larger stuff is even worse and as they have already said the small stuff is bad enough......

ie. 'how hard is it after you ban small calibers etc to then sell the idea to and scare a soccer mom that bigger is badder and larger calibers are not worse'?

We are at a tipping point with this stuff.

That is why the chair is against the wall.
    The path to my fixed purpose is laid with iron rails, whereon my soul is grooved to run.
    - Moby Dick, Herman Melville

Couldn't agree more. Not sure if people have seen it but there's an interesting video on YouTube by Steven Crowder about gun bans. This is taken in the States but I think the same concept can apply here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqJ_4YhYMhE
    “What can go wrong, will go wrong.” - Murphy’s Law

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyScuba View Post
    https://www.680news.com/2019/06/18/b...fore-election/

OTTAWA — Crime Reduction Minister Bill Blair says more must be done to address gun violence, but he is also signalling no new measures will be taken before the fall election.

Blair says steps could — and should — be taken to prevent the theft, illegal diversion and smuggling of handguns.

Entering a cabinet meeting today, Blair is emphasizing the importance of secure storage of firearms to prevent them from being stolen and ending up in the wrong hands.

He says the government is also open to working with municipalities to allow them to decide exactly where, or even if, firearms can be stored within their boundaries.

But Blair says it’s important not only to do the right thing, but to take the time to do it right.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau asked Blair last August to study the possibility of a ban on handguns and assault-style rifles after a shooting spree in Toronto.

The Canadian Press
    And who wants to bet that the Feds will provide 'incentives' to Mayors to ban all firearms in the cities they oversee.
    Last edited by ghost271; 06-19-2019 at 08:26 AM.

CGN Regular
    Well, the way I see it is that they (the Liberals) will chip away at all firearms until they achieve their ultimate goal of eliminating all firearms in Canada. It will take years but I'm sure it will happen at some point. There will be a price to pay for their policy and I believe it will involve all of us not just gun owners but everyone in Canada.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bogusiii's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    “There are some weapons that are currently available in our society that represent an unacceptable risk," he said. "They have been used tragically in a number of incidents in which a large number of people have been killed, because these weapons were designed to be efficient in the taking of lives.”
    Well, at least he's toned down his previous "they are used for hunting people" foolishness.

CGN frequent flyer chopperbubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bogusiii View Post
    Well, at least he's toned down his previous "they are used for hunting people" foolishness.
    Yeah, but you’ve got to admit, his anti gun talking points doesn’t sound nearly as ridiculous as Stalinda “we must ban all assault way-pens” Arderns lol!!! Looks like the Kiwis aren’t buying it, just as Canadians won’t either. Foolish Commies.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Obsessed View Post
    The manufacture and sales of these rifles support many jobs. Why does Trudeau want to destroy Canadian jobs?

This was his key argument to protect SNC - a corporation charged with bribery and corruption (an actual criminal case).
    Destroy jobs? Just look at the oil and gas sector, he has done an amazing job at destroying these jobs, whats a few more. This moron Trudeau will eventually take out the entire economy and the country.

CGN frequent flyer
    The title could also say "Liberals want to prohibit everything"

We are the true north strong and free! You are not taking our f***ing guns!

I think that gun owners will have a better shot, there is a lot of news footage from america of people proving how dumb AR-15 Bans are, it's a classic point to ridicule people, they aren't assault weapons. Handguns are used more in crimes, but there has never been an AR-15 used in mass shooting in recent canadian history or canadian history period, and you already have to be very trusted to own one.